• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazunori Yamauchi tweets details about GT5 Spec II (free, 9-15th October)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
OH MY GOD

Interior view for standard cars means I suddenly care about 500+ new cars :O

Can't wait for DLC tracks, whoa!

Logitech G27 support
WAIT WHAT?! HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIT FUCK YEAH YEEEEEESSS COME ON HELL YES GAAAAAAHHH FUCKEN FINALLY THANK YOU BASED KAZ!!!!

GT5 uses 3D trees on many other tracks, like Rome, Tokyo, Madrid, etc.

But like Xun said, it's about the overall picture, and sometimes 2D ones, are the best option to correctly represent a real landmark on something that you're gonna be looking at from the same angle 90% of the time.

offshore said:
Yeah, it'd look like total shit.

The only way Autumn Ring is ever going to look good is with a from-scratch version, and even then I'd rather PD focus on more important tracks than that boring piece of junk. Autumn Ring is one of the worst GT fictional tracks, right up there with Cape Ring.

Dude, dude. Cape ring is freaking awesome, it's one of the best fictional tracks PD has.

Noshino

elektrixx said:
Rewinding is not hand holding. It's essentially a live checkpoint. It means the player doesn't have to repeat part of the game they already did right the first time.

It's the same thing that everyone complains about in other genres: checkpointing. Gran Turismo and other racing games should not be relying on outdated game design.

I don't even agree that a checkpoints should be available for sim racers, but in this case even checkpoints are better than rewinding.

Rewinding, contrary to your belief, is hand holding. There is no fixed position, the saved point keeps moving at the wish of the user. And unlike a checkpoint where any following progress, whether good or bad, is wiped, with Rewinding the only part that is wiped is what the user wishes to fix.

Aginor

Neo Member
elektrixx said:
I don't want to have my time wasted because of some little mistake or glitch on the last turn of the last lap. Rewinding would be a great addition.

Well then do not make a mistake , i can bet you for however annoyed I am when I make a mistake in any driving game i sure as sh@t do not make it again next time round , rewind is the suck it goes against all that is racing , imagine being able to rewind and actual real life race to get the result you want its as bad as driving auto or with assists

KKRT00

Metalmurphy said:
GT5 uses 3D trees on many other tracks, like Rome, Tokyo, Madrid, etc.

But like Xun said, it's about the overall picture, and sometimes 2D ones, are the best option to correctly represent a real landmark on something that you're gonna be looking at from the same angle 90% of the time.
3D trees from Toscana and 2D trees from Nurburgring like those

5401018349_ef6d45aed1_b.jpg

Really, proper 2D trees can be awesome.

offshore said:
Cape Ring...ugh.

I like the layout enough and the views are great. It reminds me of Phillip Island.

Any conjecture about what the DLC will entail ? How many new tracks ? Even the non premium tracks in GT5 are perfectly playable to me. I never had GT4, so I'd love to see more of those tracks imported, like Grand Canyon and the Yosemite map.

I'll also gladly pay for new premium tracks. I'd like to see an even mix of real and fantasy locations.

Pazuzu9 said:
Cape Ring would be much better without the ridiculous jump.
yeah and if they put some more track side stuff in there.

I like the layout of that track its just the environment looks so empty and fake.

oh and I am a little disappointed they didnt had a few more photo travel locations.

I would love more car show room style locations... a White room and a black room would be great.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Death Dealer said:
I like the layout enough and the views are great. It reminds me of Phillip Island.

Any conjecture about what the DLC will entail ? How many new tracks ? Even the non premium tracks in GT5 are perfectly playable to me. I never had GT4, so I'd love to see more of those tracks imported, like Grand Canyon and the Yosemite map.

I'll also gladly pay for new premium tracks. I'd like to see an even mix of real and fantasy locations.

I also wonder. Will we see one or two big track packs, or will we see them sold piecemeal? Maybe a classics pack and a real tracks pack?

I would pay a few dollars each for tracks. So 10-15 for 3-5 new tracks if they have variants included as well. I would love to see 5 new classics and 5 new real tracks. That would be way beyond what I am expecting.

What would you guys like to see in say a 5 pack of classics? And a 5 pack of real tracks?

I want a GT2 course pack

Grindelwald
Red Rock Valley
Green Forest Roadway
Smokey Mountain North/South
Pikes Peak

So many GT2 courses have been ignored.

Mush

SolidSnakex said:
I want a GT2 course pack

Grindelwald
Red Rock Valley