• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keita Takahasi's (Katamari guy) next game exclusive to LA Game Space Kickstarter ($5)

randomkid

Yeah uh, I've never donated to a Kickstarter but I think I might for this. It's kind of amazing this hasn't sailed past the goal already.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
This needs more exposure!
Even if you don't care about LA Gamespace, $15 for 30 awesome indie games including one from Keita is a STEAL!!

I'm upping my pledge as soon as I get home from work.

wondermega

whew. I don't think they will reach that goal - I'm all for the project, but I think it's asking a bit too high for a bit to niche (either that, or they are really hopeful for some deep-pocketed friends to swing in at the last minute)

I really appreciate what they are trying to do but I feel like this is very exemplery of the type of project which would just have a real hard time finding funding on something like kickstarter... If anything I'd suspect it might be easier for them to seek out art grants (probably hell in the current economy, I know) or just hit up some rich folks/friends in the industry to partly finance and shoot for a substantially lower KS campaign.

Asking for a quarter million for indie gaming of this caliber, while noble, is really difficult. But I do wish them luck!

Vard

They've gotten $55k on the last 4 days so if they keep up that rate it should just barely succeed. I really hope this goes through - if it doesn't, does that mean you wouldn't even get the 30 game bundle if you pledged the $15?

wondermega

They've gotten $55k on the last 4 days so if they keep up that rate it should just barely succeed. I really hope this goes through - if it doesn't, does that mean you wouldn't even get the 30 game bundle if you pledged the $15?
If it fails to f fund, then there are no rewards

Sera O

Banned
I'm in at the t-shirt tier as I think this is a worthwhile thing to support.

I also think it's worth at least a fiver just to see what Keita Takahashi will come up with next.

Last I read about him he was in Vancouver working on a browser mmo. He posted a bemused photo of a sandwich board on his famitsu blog without realizing it was for a, uh, bikini-area grooming and not actually selling bikinis in really unusual shapes lol.

I can't remember the name of the company or game, but does anyone know what happened with that?

Vard

If it fails to f fund, then there are no rewards

Not necessarily. I just heard from a friend that some other kickstarters that fail to reach their goal still go ahead and honor the people who pledged. Maybe, just maybe...

But this really shouldn't fail. Why is not getting more press again?

Last I read about him he was in Vancouver working on a browser mmo. He posted a bemused photo of a sandwich board on his famitsu blog without realizing it was for a, uh, bikini-area grooming and not actually selling bikinis in really unusual shapes lol.

I can't remember the name of the company or game, but does anyone know what happened with that?
Company was Tiny Speck and the game was Glitch. He left this month; apparently Glitch shut down because it was doing poorly.

The shirt design Bryan Lee O'Malley is contributing has been shown.

la-game-space_bryan-lee-o-malley.png

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Hmm, the curved ends of the G and S look strange to me. Just make 'em straight like the L and A, I won't doubt your creativity! I guess I'll go with O'Malleys shirt anyway. I would pick Eboy's but I have no clue what I'm looking at. I mean it's a guy, I can see that, but what is his head?

randomkid

Currently at $209,961 with 5 days left

Cool, it's gonna make it! I didn't wanna sign up for Kickstarter unless I knew this was gonna happen.

I didn't realize that the $15 option gets you the 30 game pack plus the 5 games in the indie classics bundle. Been curious about Noitu Love and Basement Collection, so definitely going with that now.

wondermega

$800 to go, looks like they've nailed this (4 days to go)

Is there a particular hat someone would like me to eat? A fez? A sombrero perhaps?

EDIT: A yarmulke?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Yay I think my 55$ hit the goal on the mark.

Thanks for making this thread! I had no idea it was a thing.

First KS for me.

Just pledged $150 for the one year membership to LA Game Space.

Everything about this Kickstarter looks awesome and is right up my alley. I just saw this thread for the first time today so thanks to whoever bumped it.

corn_fest

Pledged $15. Takahashi is one of my favorite artists, so I'm really looking forward to his new game. The other games included are an awesome bonus as well.
I hope this is really able to take off and survive for years to come.

superbank

Some big donations came in over the past few days. It's passed the goal quicker than I thought it would. Good job everyone. :) And good news! Some Meat Bun guy designed a shirt for the $55 dollar pack.

la-game-space-meatbun.png

I'll go with that.

randomkid

I'm a little confused how Kickstarter works. At first I pledged $5, then I pledged $15 to get the indie game packs. Do I need to cancel that first $5 authorization in my Amazon payments?

superbank

I'm a little confused how Kickstarter works. At first I pledged $5, then I pledged $15 to get the indie game packs. Do I need to cancel that first $5 authorization in my Amazon payments?
I haven't done it like that but yes, I believe you've now pledged $20. You only need to add the difference to be eligible for the $15 pack.

:lol at that PW shirt.

Famassu

Backed this for 15$. Would have pledged more for a t-shirt, but I'm on a 1,5 week long trip around Finland, so I can't go on spending too much on anything else.

randomkid

I was wondering why this Kickstarter had no updates and it seems like they're offering little notes on twitter instead and promising a real update in March.

https://twitter.com/LAGameSpace

I followed a link to Keita's blog where he teases the game.

http://www.uvula.jp/post/43678547449/la-game-space-adam

Also I’m making a game for backers of LA GAME SPACE’s kickstarter project with Adam Saltsman. I suppose it will take more time to be finished than teeth brush game but I bet that this will be simple and fun game.

The toothbrush game is apparently a different one he's making for the GDC party. So this one seems like it'll be more substantial but take a while longer?

I'm not sure why this info couldn't have been added to the Kickstarter itself a few weeks ago.

Top Bottom