• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ketsui PS3 port hitting 7/25

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I don't think it was listed as more accurate than Deathsmiles (also, it really isn't). It's a great port, but it runs a bit faster overall and is missing bits of slowdown, particularly at the end fight against Doom, which looks like it has no slowdown at all in the X360 port.
My bad, then. I'll edit.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I don't think it was listed as more accurate than Deathsmiles (also, it really isn't). It's a great port, but it runs a bit faster overall and is missing bits of slowdown, particularly at the end fight against Doom, which looks like it has no slowdown at all in the X360 port.
He put it at a high figure, it was between 85-95. He also said most of the slowdown in Ketsui is of the framedropping sort and that a lot/most of the missing slowdown isn't detrimental to the game, which is why he didn't put it above DS. Harder to quantify, I guess.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Was looking for this on Amazon and this popped up.
What?

51QtY8uvCKL.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Where's the cheapest place to buy this? Play-Asia has it for 67 CAD, AmiAmi that was listed above has it for 61 CAD but I've never bought anything from them so no idea about shipping fees etc.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Where's the cheapest place to buy this? Play-Asia has it for 67 CAD, AmiAmi that was listed above has it for 61 CAD but I've never bought anything from them so no idea about shipping fees etc.
Amiami charges normal EMS rates. It's the best combination of shipping speed + price.

Yes Boss!

That is the place. Add $12-14 for EMS for Amiami. Add maybe $18 for Fedex from PA. Slower shipping from PA (two to four weeks) will knock of $10 on their price. NCSX is going to be a little more with their slightly higher price and then airmail to Canada.

The 360 version of this isn't region free right? I'll be picking up the PS3 version when it's out then.

Man, between this, dodonpachi saidaioujou and shooting love 10th anniversary it's a pretty good summer for Shumps.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Amiami charges normal EMS rates. It's the best combination of shipping speed + price.

The game looks great but I'm torn whether to pre-order it or get Under Defeat HD. I'm not a huge shmup guy but enjoy them from time to time. Jamestown (PC) and Blazing Star (NeoGeo) are probably my favorites. I couldn't really get into Hitogata Happa and I'm getting Ikaruga on my Android phone once it goes on sale cause it looks dope. Based on this, why one would you recommend?

Risette

A Good Citizen
The game looks great but I'm torn whether to pre-order it or get Under Defeat HD. I'm not a huge shmup guy but enjoy them from time to time. Jamestown (PC) and Blazing Star (NeoGeo) are probably my favorites. I couldn't really get into Hitogata Happa and I'm getting Ikaruga on my Android phone once it goes on sale cause it looks dope. Based on this, why one would you recommend?
Ketsui is probably the best game in the genre. It's a safe pick.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
It would be nice if you guys could pay a visit to this thread I created in Rising Star Games' forum. They have localized other Cave games in the past as well as Under Defeat HD. It would be nice if they could do the same with Ketsui.

The MS grip on CAVE has been loosened.

SDOJ PS3 please. I need redemption for being so terrible at the arcade version.

[PS3] 5pb「ケツイ」通常版7140円/限定版10290円

Limited edition too, yahoo.

ponpo ; _ ;

The only shooter I've played is Ikaruga, but this game looks really appealing and the high praise from genre enthusiasts makes me kind of interested. I'm considering importing this as my first Cave game.

hongcha

Rising Star have said they are done with Cave localizations (which is one reason why Saidaioujou was region free), due to poor sales (the link honorless gives above details this). The PS3 is region free, so just buy the Japanese version. Great game worth the import price.

cuilan

How did Under Defeat do though? Given that there's such little offering for shmups on the PS3 it might be worth the investment. :/

Since UFO is publishing Mamoru-kun and RSG isn't, I would take that to imply that Under Defeat didn't do very well either.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
It would be nice if you guys could pay a visit to this thread I created in Rising Star Games' forum. They have localized other Cave games in the past as well as Under Defeat HD. It would be nice if they could do the same with Ketsui.

It won't happen. Yeah it sucks :(

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=50780571&postcount=5100

Dash Kappei said:
So guys, I'm the bearer of bad news.
Spoke with Martin, GM of Rising Star games, which was so kind to reply to me after I contacted him about a possible release of Ketsui X360 or PS3. Well, while Deathsmiles was a strong performer for them, leading to more Cave releases, both DDPR and AK terribly underperformed and heart broken they won't bring over any more Cave games in the future.

-_-

I did my part! Always bought multiple copies :/
Thanks for everything anyway RSG, you guys rock

biocat

I have the LE preordered at Amazon. Can't wait! I don't have a 360 nor plan to buy one so this is perfect for me.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Just preordered this from AmiAmi. There's no turning back now. ;)

JP

Downloaded it from the Japanese store as they were selling it for RRP which was probably cheaper than importing and avoided any import charges.

Anybody played this version and the 360 release and know how they compare?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Downloaded it from the Japanese store as they were selling it for RRP which was probably cheaper than importing and avoided any import charges.

Anybody played this version and the 360 release and know how they compare?

I think people on the shmup thread mentioned that it was the exact same. I can't compare because this is my first time playing the game.

Top Bottom