• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Conroy The voice of Batman has died

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Massive respect to the animation industry I loved watching Batman at the end of the day
batman animated animation GIF by hoppip

RavageX

This bothers me a lot more than it should? Not only did I grow up with this version of batman, but I always feel that he was the best. He would have me practicing a batman voice and is a reason why I've constantly toyed with the idea of voice acting (I'm told ALL the time I have the voice) I haven't tried out of fear, but what do I have to lose?

I really feel that I at the age where everyone and everything I grew up interested in is fading, dying, or being turned into rubbish. It really sucks.

Sucks. Bracing myself for the day Peter Cullen dies.
Indeed, IMO Cullen is the undisputed king of the english-speaking voice acting industry - Mel Blanc was important for sure, but not even Blanc has a greater-sounding voice than Cullen, Scott Mcneil is my favorite VA and it would a little hard for me when he passes away

RIP King

Indeed, IMO Cullen is the undisputed king of the english-speaking voice acting industry - Mel Blanc was important for sure, but not even Blanc has a greater-sounding voice than Cullen, Scott Mcneil is my favorite VA and it would a little hard for me when he passes away

RIP King

Apparently the next Transformers movie has a lot of Optimus Prime screentime.

I know a couple of people who have met him and said he was brilliant, a good natured man.

nordique

Crushing news. Defined my childhood

Batman in digital media including future Arkham games will not be the same without him

Shh

Well that’s depressing. The Batman animated series was my childhood. Definitely my favorite Batman voice. RIP.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Really unfortunate, particularly as he is the voice of Batman. From childhood to cranky adult he has really been the definitive "Batman voice" for that entire time; and not just his Batman voice, but he did a VERY convincing "naive playboy" in Bruce Wayne.

. . .certainly a blow to the genre (gaming, media).

Top Bottom