• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Spacey or Frank Underwood???

DKehoe

It’s fucking crazy that he would think this is a good idea. Whether he did it or not I can’t see how this can help. What does he hope to achieve with it?

once again...guilty by media...great actor ruined by what could turn out to be a bullshit smear moneygrab
people really need to keep their fingers off the trigger until actual law/trial and justice has been served

if hes found guilty then great..hes a piece of shit but this trial by media before hes even had and actual chance to defend himself is BS

Last edited:

Mahadev

Whether he's innocent or guilty, the courts will decide that, that took some balls to make. It should also be noted that these 3 minutes were far, far more interesting than the entire season 6 of House of Cards, well, at least the part of the season I managed to watch before getting bored to death.

Last edited:
Whether his innocent or guilty, the courts will decide that, that took some balls to make. It should also be noted that these 3 minutes were far, far more interesting than the entire season 6 of House of Cards, well, at least the part of the season I managed to watch before getting bored to death.
Lol. Well you are correct there. The season was garbage. I made it through 2 episodes.

Saturnman

Banned
Whether his innocent or guilty, the courts will decide that, that took some balls to make. It should also be noted that these 3 minutes were far, far more interesting than the entire season 6 of House of Cards, well, at least the part of the season I managed to watch before getting bored to death.

And as we all know, Kevin grabs life by the balls, fondles them and if needed, forced himself on whoever owns those balls.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
part of me think maybe he did this to just be about the tv show and the whole thing is horrible timing.

but another part of me always thought Spacey was a hack. i've never enjoyed him in anything other than American Beauty. yet people apparently think he is a great actor, so maybe i could buy him believing his own hype. and you see it all the time, shitty behavior getting excused because "they are on our side" or "so important to the culture" or whatever.

it's a common theme w predators, they get away w shit for so long they basically live in a fantasy world until it comes crashing down. disconnected from reality. perhaps this is why they abuse people in the first place.

Last edited:

black_13

Banned
Lol that was more entertaining than the last season of House of Cards. They should've just put the show on hiatus instead of killing his character off and brought him back if he somehow ends up not guilty. Shame cause he's such a good actor and Netflix trying to keep the show going without the main character was a complete failure.

Not trying to defend his actions but I was reading on his past and him and his brother were horribly abused and sexually assaulted by their dad growing up which sorta explains his behaviour.

Good on him for standing up to this mass hysteria and witch hunts era.

Even if he is guilty, he should at least stand up for himself, I don't understand why people let feminists entirely control the narrative and people just allow themselves to be accused and smeared without standing up for themselves.

It's not that I like sexual harassment or assault, but I strongly dislike the whole vibe and approach of the #MeToo mindset, it's creepy, people can't just have their lives ruined ruined by accusations alone.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
once again...guilty by media...great actor ruined by what could turn out to be a bullshit smear moneygrab
people really need to keep their fingers off the trigger until actual law/trial and justice has been served

if hes found guilty then great..hes a piece of shit but this trial by media before hes even had and actual chance to defend himself is BS

He was accused of making sexual advances to a 14 year old when he was 26. Do you think an appropriate response to that is (not direct quotes) "okay, you got me, I'll admit it. I am gay" and "If I did try to get it on with a 14 year old, it's only because I had too much to drink?"

Let's look at wikipedia for a complete list:

----

On October 29, 2017, actor Anthony Rapp alleged that Spacey, while appearing intoxicated, made a sexual advance toward him in 1986, when Rapp was 14 and Spacey was 26.[75][76] Rapp had also shared this story in a 2001 interview with The Advocate, but Spacey's name was redacted from publication to avoid legal disputes and public outing.[77] Spacey stated through Twitter that he did not remember the encounter, but that he owed Rapp "the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior" if he had behaved as asserted.[78][79]

Fifteen others then came forward alleging similar abuse,[80] including journalist Heather Unruh (who alleged that Spacey sexually assaulted her son);[81][82][83]Norwegian author and former royal family member Ari Behn;[84] filmmaker Tony Montana; actor Roberto Cavazos;[85] Richard Dreyfuss' son Harry;[86] and eight people who worked on House of Cards.[87] The Guardian was contacted by "a number of people" who worked at the Old Vic, where Spacey was artistic director for 11 years; they alleged that he "groped and behaved in an inappropriate way with young men at the time".[88][89] On November 16, the Old Vic confirmed that it had received 20 testimonies of alleged inappropriate behavior by Spacey, with three persons stating that they had contacted the police.[90] In December, Spacey'sUsual Suspects co-star Gabriel Byrne revealed that production on that film was shut down for two days because Spacey made unwanted sexual advances toward a younger actor.[91]

On November 1, 2017, Spacey stated that he would be seeking "evaluation and treatment" for his behavior.[98][99]

The following day, Variety reported that his publicist Staci Wolfe and talent agency Creative Artists Agency were ending their relationships with him.[100][92] In July 2018, three more allegations of sexual assault against Spacey were revealed by Scotland Yard, bringing the total number of open investigations in the UK to six.[101] The Los Angeles District Attorney's office said that it would also investigate Spacey's case.[102][103]

----

I'm a big believer in innocent until proven guilty, but a proper response to an accusation like this would be "I would never do that, and I never did do that!" not (again, not a direct quote) "If I did do that, I was drunk. Sorry about that. My bad."

It's not that I like sexual harassment or assault, but I strongly dislike the whole vibe and approach of the #MeToo mindset, it's creepy, people can't just have their lives ruined ruined by accusations alone.

I would argue that it's Spacey's response (and many subsequent accusations) that ruined him. I take no pleasure in hearing all this, though. I was definitely a fan of his work.

Last edited:
The conspiracy groups are suggesting that this is Spacey threatening to release the secrets of the rich elite if they don't give him back his job as an actor. Something to do with the mug he's using. I'm not really following this. I mean, I'm sure Spacey knows where some bodies are buried (he did fly the Lolita Express with Epstein), but I couldn't watch more than 30 seconds of this video.

(And Spacey is a sexual predator. The rumors go way back. He even shot a film in the town I grew up in, and there's some testimonials as to his behavior there as well. The dude is apparently always on the prowl).

He was accused of making sexual advances to a 14 year old when he was 26. Do you think an appropriate response to that is (not direct quotes) "okay, you got me, I'll admit it. I am gay" and "If I did try to get it on with a 14 year old, it's only because I had too much to drink?"

Let's look at wikipedia for a complete list:

----

On October 29, 2017, actor Anthony Rapp alleged that Spacey, while appearing intoxicated, made a sexual advance toward him in 1986, when Rapp was 14 and Spacey was 26.[75][76] Rapp had also shared this story in a 2001 interview with The Advocate, but Spacey's name was redacted from publication to avoid legal disputes and public outing.[77] Spacey stated through Twitter that he did not remember the encounter, but that he owed Rapp "the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior" if he had behaved as asserted.[78][79]

Fifteen others then came forward alleging similar abuse,[80] including journalist Heather Unruh (who alleged that Spacey sexually assaulted her son);[81][82][83]Norwegian author and former royal family member Ari Behn;[84] filmmaker Tony Montana; actor Roberto Cavazos;[85] Richard Dreyfuss' son Harry;[86] and eight people who worked on House of Cards.[87] The Guardian was contacted by "a number of people" who worked at the Old Vic, where Spacey was artistic director for 11 years; they alleged that he "groped and behaved in an inappropriate way with young men at the time".[88][89] On November 16, the Old Vic confirmed that it had received 20 testimonies of alleged inappropriate behavior by Spacey, with three persons stating that they had contacted the police.[90] In December, Spacey'sUsual Suspects co-star Gabriel Byrne revealed that production on that film was shut down for two days because Spacey made unwanted sexual advances toward a younger actor.[91]

On November 1, 2017, Spacey stated that he would be seeking "evaluation and treatment" for his behavior.[98][99]

The following day, Variety reported that his publicist Staci Wolfe and talent agency Creative Artists Agency were ending their relationships with him.[100][92] In July 2018, three more allegations of sexual assault against Spacey were revealed by Scotland Yard, bringing the total number of open investigations in the UK to six.[101] The Los Angeles District Attorney's office said that it would also investigate Spacey's case.[102][103]

----

I'm a big believer in innocent until proven guilty, but a proper response to an accusation like this would be "I would never do that, and I never did do that!" not (again, not a direct quote) "If I did do that, I was drunk. Sorry about that. My bad."

I would argue that it's Spacey's response (and many subsequent accusations) that ruined him. I take no pleasure in hearing all this, though. I was definitely a fan of his work.
Agree..there is definitely smoke there but once again....all accusations

The guy could just be a sleazy asshole and people are jumping on the bandwagon to get their 5 minutes of fame and money from news places paying for interviews ect

Sounds pretty fucked up but these sorts of things need proper investigation and due process before people start jumping up and down with the pitchforks

If he’s found guilty then great....let’s grab the rope together but this guilty until proven innocent stuff really grinds my gears

If this were true they'd just kill him.
I'm pretty sure the folks on the conspiracy groups are expecting this to happen soon. The washing of the hands, the royal mug, and the putting on the ring are supposedly a coded message that he's going to blow the whistle on the British royal family (I think Prince Andrew also has ties to Epstein).

I'm not sure how British royalty is supposed to get him his job back on House of Cards? I think the video is weird, but then Jim Carrey did that weird video about Emma Stone (I think). I think Hollywood people are just not well adjusted people. If you read Crazy Days and Nights, the rumors go well beyond maladjustment though.

I'm pretty sure the folks on the conspiracy groups are expecting this to happen soon. The washing of the hands, the royal mug, and the putting on the ring are supposedly a coded message that he's going to blow the whistle on the British royal family (I think Prince Andrew also has ties to Epstein).

I'm not sure how British royalty is supposed to get him his job back on House of Cards? I think the video is weird, but then Jim Carrey did that weird video about Emma Stone (I think). I think Hollywood people are just not well adjusted people. If you read Crazy Days and Nights, the rumors go well beyond maladjustment though.

I noticed the thing with the ring too, very strange.

Wouldn't it be some crazy fucking shit if something like that went down? Who knows what the elite get up to.

I don't know man, it could happen, I have this feeling in my bones major change is coming to the world, all sorts of really bizarre things are happening these days, these are are not normal times we live in by anyone's standards, given how much has changed over the last decade it's anyone's guess where it goes from here, if it's one thing I've learned it's expect the unexpected.

If he’s found guilty then great....let’s grab the rope together but this guilty until proven innocent stuff really grinds my gears

I agree, I just do not like the approach modern culture is taking with stuff at all, you don't have to be ok with sexual assault to have problems with the concept of " guilty until proven innocent"

Something to do with the mug he's using.

What does it say on his mug?

Wouldn't it be some crazy fucking shit if something like that went down? Who knows what the elite get up to.
I think the things that have come out about Jimmy Savile shows that there are monsters that walk among us, protected by the establishment. This is a guy who started a charity just to molest children. He spent time working in a morgue, just to molest corpses. And this is a guy who was knighted by the queen and protected by the BBC and the police. Johnny Rotten (of the Sex Pistols) was banned from the BBC in the 70s for telling the truth about this guy. People have known for a long, long time. There's absolutely no way Savile operated on his own. There are others out there, at the very least helping and protecting him, if not sharing in his grotesque behavior.

And then, there's stuff like this. That was 4 days ago. Like a month ago was a big Miami Herald piece on Jeffery Epstein. Bill Cosby. Dan Schneider. Brian Singer. The Franklin Scandal. The Finders cult. Oh, the elites get up to it.

There's more. A lot more. I've always liked the conspiracy groups because it presents a sort of alternative reality, where things are exactly the same, but for different reasons. It's better than science fiction a lot of the time. But if there's one thing I've learned from following conspiracy groups, it's that people with power will abuse that power to have sex - almost always with someone under the age of 18 and it's rarely consensual.

What does it say on his mug?
According to the conspiracy group, it is a royal family mug commemorating the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth's coronation. They assume he picked it up when Spacey was knighted in 2016.

I think the things that have come out about Jimmy Savile shows that there are monsters that walk among us, protected by the establishment. This is a guy who started a charity just to molest children. He spent time working in a morgue, just to molest corpses. And this is a guy who was knighted by the queen and protected by the BBC and the police. Johnny Rotten (of the Sex Pistols) was banned from the BBC in the 70s for telling the truth about this guy. People have known for a long, long time. There's absolutely no way Savile operated on his own. There are others out there, at the very least helping and protecting him, if not sharing in his grotesque behavior.

And then, there's stuff like this. That was 4 days ago. Like a month ago was a big Miami Herald piece on Jeffery Epstein. Bill Cosby. Dan Schneider. Brian Singer. The Franklin Scandal. The Finders cult. Oh, the elites get up to it.

There's more. A lot more. I've always liked the conspiracy groups because it presents a sort of alternative reality, where things are exactly the same, but for different reasons. It's better than science fiction a lot of the time. But if there's one thing I've learned from following conspiracy groups, it's that people with power will abuse that power to have sex - almost always with someone under the age of 18 and it's rarely consensual.

According to the conspiracy group, it is a royal family mug commemorating the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth's coronation. They assume he picked it up when Spacey was knighted in 2016.

Right, it's reality, it's not a matter of conspiracy theory, it's already been proven some of these people get up to this sort of thing, it's just a question of how many, how deep does it go.

You know who I would hate to hear about the most? If Steven Spielberg was a part of this, I literally don't even know what I would do.

Now I really doubt it, but there is one thing I was thinking about recently, ever seen Minority Report? if not, spoilers ahead, but Tom Cruise's character's son was kidnapped by someone and later in the movie he goes to a hotel room and learns that rather than murdering him, the kidnapper has kept his son alive and there's polaroids (even though it's supposed to be the future) of him laid out on a bed showing him age as the years go by, said kidnapping also turns out to be not random but a conspiracy by an elite member of society.

Doesn't prove anything of course but the scene is extra creepy in a modern light.

The conspiracy groups are suggesting that this is Spacey threatening to release the secrets of the rich elite if they don't give him back his job as an actor. Something to do with the mug he's using. I'm not really following this. I mean, I'm sure Spacey knows where some bodies are buried (he did fly the Lolita Express with Epstein), but I couldn't watch more than 30 seconds of this video.

(And Spacey is a sexual predator. The rumors go way back. He even shot a film in the town I grew up in, and there's some testimonials as to his behavior there as well. The dude is apparently always on the prowl).

I got a buddy who works in film as an editor. Anyway a few years ago (2014 or 15) he tells me he's doing a session with Kevin and before he goes in everyone starts saying something along the lines of "Kevin is going to love you" because he's a handsome fella who was really young at the time. Sure enough Spacey comes in and starts flirting aggressively in front of everyone, not giving any fucks. My buddy kept brushing him off but Kevin kept up with it.

Now this ain't rape or anything along those lines, just some creepy guy who can't take no as an answer. But when the everything came out last year I wasn't surprised at all. It was an open secret for the longest time in the industry.

Last edited:
You know who I would hate to hear about the most? If Steven Spielberg was a part of this, I literally don't even know what I would do.
Boy, do I have some bad news for you...

Actually, I haven’t seen many credible rumors about him. There does appear to be a general sentiment that he isn’t just part of it all, but one of the ring leaders, but I don’t think I’ve seen anything that I would consider a strong rumor. It may stem from his association with David Geffin, his Dreamworks partner. Geffin seems like the worst one in Hollywood. The rumors about him are very detailed, with names and dates. He likes his men young (underaged but not children), and people who cross him seem to disappear or meet violent ends.

Find the website Crazy Days and Nights. It’s a rumor site and the rumors can get out there. But a lot of the rumors turn out to be true. Beware though, your faith in humanity will be destroyed. I really hope that the rumor of how the Poltergeist girl really died isn’t true.

Ownage

Boy, do I have some bad news for you...

Actually, I haven’t seen many credible rumors about him. There does appear to be a general sentiment that he isn’t just part of it all, but one of the ring leaders, but I don’t think I’ve seen anything that I would consider a strong rumor. It may stem from his association with David Geffin, his Dreamworks partner. Geffin seems like the worst one in Hollywood. The rumors about him are very detailed, with names and dates. He likes his men young (underaged but not children), and people who cross him seem to disappear or meet violent ends.

Find the website Crazy Days and Nights. It’s a rumor site and the rumors can get out there. But a lot of the rumors turn out to be true. Beware though, your faith in humanity will be destroyed. I really hope that the rumor of how the Poltergeist girl really died isn’t true.

Yeah, Geffin and his association with The Church, Dream City, their campus in Northern Arizona, etc. CDAN leaks a fair bit about it. I was also intrigued with the New Orleans connection.

This rabbit hole is deep, wide and among the scariest rumors I hear about in entertainment and politics.

Kenpachii

tenor.gif

Top Bottom