• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Key & Peele Season 4 |OT| Ideally Though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great episode on nearly all fronts---gay wedding part was especially awesome. Rarely has an outlandish misunderstanding of a thing been described with such insane detail that you kind of wonder if it will ever be brought into being just to spite it for the sheer spectacle...

I mean, I lost it at the thrown rice alternative.

xezuru

Does this show have full episodes on Comedy Central or something these days? Loved some skits i've seen of them but don't watch actual TV at all.

I thought those stand up parts were awkward. They got rid of em?

Seems like it.

I'm not crazy about the new setup with them just talking in the car, but it sure as hell beats them setting up the whole joke & punchline of the sketch in front of a crowd right before the damn thing.

Dereck

The popular thing that is synonymous with Key & Peele is that the skits go on for too long. Since the start of this season, I've been analyzing each skit and have been trying to pinpoint when the joke should end.

After seeing this second episode, I can say that I feel that this season so far is doing decently in the joke execution department. Episode 2 surprised me because I felt all of the skits were hits.

-Deimos

The popular thing that is synonymous with Key & Peele is that the skits go on for too long. Since the start of this season, I've been analyzing each skit and have been trying to pinpoint when the joke should end.

After seeing this second episode, I can say that I feel that this season so far is doing decently in the joke execution department. Episode 2 surprised me because I felt all of the skits were hits.

Incoming neogaf.gif

I thought this episode's skits were up there on the show's least funniest list. The puppet one went on for too long and the ending was obvious from the moment the skit started.

And I'm gonna be honest, I didn't get the pun until he mentioned it.

Ducarmel

Yeah I thought the last episode was one of their weakest efforts.

Little Homie was alright but it hurt that I saw the skit nearly a week ago, deflating my hype for the rest of the show.

edit
re-watched the episode since i was a little tired when I saw it and it grew on me a little, especially the Hitler one.

big ander

New season so far:
ibokc5Pg6U1fxW.gif

Genuinely think season 1 and 2 are titanically amazing television, season 3 nearly as good, so far this seems like the season where they'll spin tires a bit. just a bit. it's still awesome just not AS awesome.

And, okay-- the opening credits and car shit? In the first episode I was like "okay, they're doing a True Detective parody for some reason? I guess it's for this episode." Then director/co-EP Atencio said "driving in a car isn't a True Detective parody guys, we just liked doing this" and then a new interview says explicitly that it is and was geare dto be a true detective parody. A really, really shitty one to be honest. Absolutely no reason to change up the title sequence, at all. On the business side I understand doing this car stuff instead of the stage audience: this way it's cheaper and quicker to shoot. just have to have them improv around subjects for a while alone in front of a green screen instead of setting up for a busy day with a crowd. But creatively it's shitty.
Season?

A friend of mine likes these guys and always loads a clip or two on YouTube when I'm at his place. I thought they just did short bits, like Freddy Wong's stuff... No?

notta target your or anything but like sketch comedy heavily predates youtube. talking radio days here.

Dereck

Yeah I thought the last episode was one of their weakest efforts.

Little Homie was alright but it hurt that I saw the skit nearly a week ago, deflating my hype for the rest of the show.

edit
re-watched the episode since i was a little tired when I saw it and it grew on me a little, especially the Hitler one.
I recommend staying away from their YouTube channel.

barik

The church/devil bit went on for way too long, but apart from that this episode might be my favorite of the season so far. That last sketch was fucking gold.

Dereck

They're doing 22 episodes this season? That's gonna be a tough workload, I hope the skits stay consistent.

That french skit was amazing.

I laughed the most at that one the Family Matters one. The others weren't as memorable. I was a bit lost on the sorta mafia style one. Was that a Goodfellas reference or something? I feel like I should know what that's from but I was lost trying to figure it out... (and hopefully I won't be embarrassed if it's something obvious I missed)

hwalker84

I laughed the most at that one the Family Matters one. The others weren't as memorable. I was a bit lost on the sorta mafia style one. Was that a Goodfellas reference or something? I feel like I should know what that's from but I was lost trying to figure it out... (and hopefully I won't be embarrassed if it's something obvious I missed)
No love for slap ass part 2?

big ander

I didn't think Slap Ass 2 or Family Matters were all that good. French restaurant sketch and the Scorsese homage were great, and the dentist opener was nice.

HiResDes

I didn't think Slap Ass 2 or Family Matters were all that good. French restaurant sketch and the Scorsese homage were great, and the dentist opener was nice.

Didn't see the whole episode, but Family Matters definitely didn't get me weak, but it was well written. Kind of felt a bit too similar to the Little Homie setup, but fair enough.

Dereck

No one is going to agree with me, I think this episode is the first K&P episode with zero misses. I was dying the entire episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom