• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC South Korea introduces Zinger Tacos: chicken strips in a double decker tortilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2016/02/kfc-launches-fried-chicken-tacos-in-south-korea.html

KFC is offering new tacos filled with fried chicken strips over in South Korea.

The new Zinger Tacos are similar to the sister chain Taco Bell's Cheesy Gordita Crunch in that it features a crunchy taco nestled inside of a flour tortilla (instead of a Gordita) held together by a layer of cheese sauce. Inside the shell is a Zinger fried chicken strip, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and salsa.

Zinger refers to the chain's spicy, extra crispy chicken. The term isn't used here in the U.S.

The Zinger Tacos are being sold for 3200 won (~$2.57) a piece.

KFC offered something similar over in New Zealand back in 2014. Interestingly, unlike New Zealand, South Korea has Taco Bell as well as KFC.

MM9LcH6.jpg

8nvD46k.jpg

How long until a KFC/Taco Bell crossover special happens in the US?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
They don't have Taco Bell itself in Korea, do they? Might be why KFC is blatantly mixing cuisines there.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Aren't both KFC and Taco Bell both owned by Yum! Brands? So the crossover is inevitable since their both in the same corporate universe.
I mean they're literally in the same restaurant building over much of the world... They just don't cross the streams ;)

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Taco bell had something similar to this for a short while. Fried chicken in a burrito or something like that. It was alright.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I would eat that.

I may recreate this at home, actually.

Tabris

I just had KFC in Thailand yesterday (and I assume South Korea would be similar) and it was very different.

They don't have the 9 herbs and spices or whatever. It's some kind of different mix.

dity

We had these in Australia for a while They were just ok, but the inner bread would just slip out of the taco due to the sauce. It was pretty pointless - The hard shell and the zinger sauce detracted so much because it made it almost impossible to eat.

_woLf

Psh, I've been doing this (chicken strips in tortillas) since I was a teenager who was too lazy to cook anything at 1 am when I had the munchies.

It's delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom