• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kick-Ass 2 Red Band Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Is this following the second comic storyline? There appear to be some similarities.

If so, isn't it really dark? Por example,
Isn't there a rape bit in it?

shuri

Banned
Is this following the second comic storyline? There appear to be some similarities.

It seems to be pretty much spot on, I assume they toned down the details like
Kick-Ass's dad getting raped and killed in prison, the bad guys gunning down kids, raping people and eventually KA's girlfriend

They certainly sanitized the script for the first film.

Big Daddy doesn't get decapitated.

Kick Ass gets the girl in the end instead of getting kicked out.

Hit Girl doesn't take her 'candy' before the climactic battle.

Among other changes. I'd expect similar cuts from the sequel.

I really enjoyed the first film, but does anyone else feel like this looks kind of amateurish? Almost "made for TV?" Eh, I hope it's just a weak trailer.

After trying and failing miserably at installing Media Hint, I found another one that does the same (+ BBC iPLayer)

http://hola.org/

I'm looking at the US catalog and man, our sucks so much in comparision (Brazil). The buffer speeds are the same, fantastic.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Jim Carrey actually looks pretty good in this. Glad he's doing something different with this character and not just his same old act.

ReiGun

Carrey looks like he's going to be great in this. Older Hit-Girl is going to take some getting used to.

Overall, it wasn't bad. I'll check out the movie.

Vibri

Banned
Looks lame.

Except....

chloe-grace-moretz-newest_83791-1400x1050.jpg

Say whatever you like but every single one of you fuckers would hit that if you had the chance.

Time to get my creep on.

I have to be honest, I am now counting the days until the Chloe turns 18. Hell I would gladly go to jail for one good night with her. She's going to be a total babe.

edit: she already is a babe!

Because these companies are dumb. You wan't everyone on the planet to be able to see your trailer in the best means possible. Not from degraded video rips, not on knock-off sites, etc. Its silly business planning.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on red band trailers in particular as obscenity/censorship laws (especially wrt violence) are enforced differently around the world and nobody wants to run afoul of that during an otherwise inexpensive marketing push for the film.

Ichabod

Banned
Trailer looked aight but I'll probably skip theatrical release. Also, holy ankle monitor at some of these comments.

I'm on the fence, since this seems to have lost the visual "Oomph" that made the first so damn enjoyable, but I'll see it anyways. Fingers crossed.

Time to get my creep on.

I have to be honest, I am now counting the days until the Chloe turns 18. Hell I would gladly go to jail for one good night with her. She's going to be a total babe.

edit: she already is a babe!

Well that didn't take long. Christ, some of you are really fucking creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom