• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Star Wars Open World RPG

This honestly sounds like a child's writing. I mean it's exactly how my proposals for games sounded when I was 11. Kickstarter needs to shut this down before it balloons out of control.

I am currently looking into talking with Disney if I am able to do this. If not then there might have to be a compromise on the name or some other parts. I need your help. I am not a very good programmer, and I'm an even worst artist. I want to put this project into the hands of professionals, but in order to do that I need money to hire them. This was my dream as a kid I hope you can share my same compassion, thank you.
nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

What a load of nonsense.

Everyone, click the "report" button and move on.

Looks like one of those threads a 13-year-old kid would make on GameFAQs. "Hey guys just started learning unity let's make a star wars rpg i have tons of ideas, who's with me"

As much as I'd love a Star Wars RPG, I am not sure why 20 y/o Devin thinks he of all people will be able to negotiate a deal with Disney and I would assume EA as well.

Does this guy have some credibility that I am not aware of?

EDIT: I can't believe I replied to this joke in such a serious manner, but DON'T FUCK WITH MY EMOTIONS WHEN IT COMES TO STAR WARS!!

Dynasty8

Rights are exclusive to EA as far as I know.

Not to sound like a Debbie Downer, but I'm surprised some of you think this is going to happen. Not a chance.

Seems to be a lot more enthusiasm then actual knowledge in making a game. Good luck to the guy but I think a lot more prep was needed before even thinking of starting a kickstarter.

"I have decided to take matters into my own hands and write a story in the star wars universe that will fit inside a RPG video game. I am currently looking into talking with Disney if I am able to do this. If not then there might have to be a compromise on the name or some other parts."

So it is basically not going to happen.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Aw shit, how did I miss that thread? Damn, now I made my own, worse version of it. Sorry mods.

I'm glad it won't be a 1995/2005 game. Those can be made just in a month or two.

I'm sorry to say this... But this has disaster written all over it. I get that he's passionate about it, but in no way, shape or form will Disney back this.

LOL

Good luck even paying for copyright with $200,000

Like many of us when we were kids we wanted to be like Luke skywalker or obi one kinobi, but like all of us, we do not live in a galaxy far far away. There might be another way though. With all the open world RPGs out there how is there not a good one for Star Wars? I have decided to take matters into my own hands and write a story in the star wars universe that will fit inside a RPG video game. I am currently looking into talking with Disney if I am able to do this. If not then there might have to be a compromise on the name or some other parts. I need your help. I am not a very good programmer, and I'm an even worst artist. I want to put this project into the hands of professionals, but in order to do that I need money to hire them. This was my dream as a kid I hope you can share my same compassion, thank you.
At least he's honest.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This thread is the demons. I was excited. Then I actually looked at the kickstarter and now I am upset.

Update 1: "Updated some of what the game will be about. Tried to create a mental image of how the game will look and feel. "

Ok.

It's most certainly a child.

Sylas

Guys I think you're all being really negative we should be thankful that Devin is looking out for us gamers and making the game we've all wanted for our entire lives :)

Chase17

Who is going to back this? There's no way they can make this game. Disney is the last company I'd try to get copyright infringement past.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
A Star Wars RPG set in one large environment would be fucking pointless.

Also: it's not gonna happen anyway, this guy needs to be sectioned if he thinks there's any chance.

Wait can anybody really just put up a bullshit Kickstarter campaign and ask for money?

Does Kickstarter vet projects before people can pledge money to them?

Stiler

Can't believe it's happening, hopefully it turns out well, in for the base game.

edit - I really got to read the articles before commenting....

Yeah, this thing is going to go places, writing a story? No acatual game developers? Doesn't even have permission from Disney nor from EA (who has the license for games).

This will get shut down asap.

BiggNife

Can't believe a few people actually gave money to this.

Lots of people give money to kickstarters that will obviously fail as a joke because they won't get charged if it isn't successfully funded, which this one clearly won't be

There was one from a couple a years ago that I think was called LORE where the majority of the pitch was nonsensical ramblings and all of the screenshots were from sample models/environments that come with Unity and the guy got a few dozen backers who basically just backed to go into the comment section and yell at him

Top Bottom