• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

FINISHED!

Most epic game Nintendo has ever done.

BTW The music is by Sakuraba and a bunch of other composers (like 3 more), but the first one to appear is Sakuraba, so I susppose he is the one that did most of the soundtrack, which is fantastic.

The ending was amazing. Is like if Sakurai wanted to make Gurren Lagann, the game.
The characters were awesome
poor medusa :(

And wow, theres more than
achivemenets with unlocks :O (thats how you do achivements developers).

The only problem that I see with the game, is not the controls, but the game is missing an european dub (spanish, italian, german and french). I know people are saying that NoE's dubs are shit (seems that spain has been lucky because StarFox 3d and RE were awesome), but this game needed one because for people that english is their second language, and with the non stop action, the dialogs are pretty hard to follow.
I know english pretty well, but what about people that dont, or kids? Subtitles are impossible to read (even if you put them in the top screen), and sometimes the translation isnt even similar to what the characters are saying in english (sometimes it seems they have been using a totally different script for the translation).

I was pretty sure Star Fox was dubbed because it was hard to follow the subs and the action, but this is even harder and they have done nothing. IMO one of the worst localisations NoE has done during the last years (and they were doing a magnifecent job), and im not talking about the translation (the subs, when you have the luck and can read them, and at least in spanish, are really funny with lots of spanish jokes and typical phrases. For example "Im finished" is "Adios, mundo cruel" that would be translated to "Bye, cruel world"), but im pretty sure they knew its was pretty impossible to follow the story and yet they did nothing.

FINISHED!

Most epic game Nintendo has ever done.

BTW The music is by Sakuraba and a bunch of other composers (like 3 more), but the first one to appear is Sakuraba, so I susppose he is the one that did most of the soundtrack, which is fantastic.

The ending was amazing. Is like if Sakurai wanted to make Gurren Lagann, the game.
The characters were awesome
poor medusa :(

And wow, theres more than
achivemenets with unlocks :O (thats how you do achivements developers).

The only problem that I see with the game, is not the controls, but the game is missing an european dub (spanish, italian, german and french). I know people are saying that NoE's dubs are shit (seems that spain has been lucky because StarFox 3d and RE were awesome), but this game needed one because for people that english is their second language, and with the non stop action, the dialogs are pretty hard to follow.
I know english pretty well, but what about people that dont, or kids? Subtitles are impossible to read (even if you put them in the top screen), and sometimes the translation isnt even similar to what the characters are saying in english (sometimes it seems they have been using a totally different script for the translation).

I was pretty sure Star Fox was dubbed because it was hard to follow the subs and the action, but this is even harder and they have done nothing. IMO one of the worst localisations NoE has done during the last years (and they were doing a magnifecent job), and im not talking about the translation (the subs, when you have the luck and can read them, and at least in spanish, are really funny with lots of spanish jokes and typical phrases. For example "Im finished" is "Adios, mundo cruel" that would be translated to "Bye, cruel world"), but im pretty sure they knew its was pretty impossible to follow the story and yet they did nothing.

No no ! I prefer the english Voice Acting. Star Fox's dub were so baaaaaaaaad. Especially in French. + There's no option to change the dub, you have to change 3DS'language itself.

Added my FC to the list. I had this sweet bow that let me top the charts in every 3v3 ever, and then I decided to experiment with it and got something much less cool. -_-

I can't wait for weapons lists to come out for this game. I want to know why some things won't combine, and what determines which abilities transfer to new weapons.

Oh, and is there a way to straight upgrade a weapon I have without fusing it with anything else?

methodman

Banned
Added my FC to the list. I had this sweet bow that let me top the charts in every 3v3 ever, and then I decided to experiment with it and got something much less cool. -_-

I can't wait for weapons lists to come out for this game. I want to know why some things won't combine, and what determines which abilities transfer to new weapons.

Same thing happened to me, damn. I had a sweet, sweet bow and I tried fusing it, the weapon I made wasn't the same :(. Good thing there's so many freaking weapons in the game, I'll get something back!

This game is really awesome.

Revven

So, I just ordered this on Best Buy, how hard are the controls to adjust to? I've never been a huge fan of stylus-filled games unless they're done well. I've read it's possible to get used to them but how quick is it? 30 minutes to an hour? Also, how does the multiplayer seem? Addicting at all? It seems to remind me a LOT like Kirby Air Ride (which I absolutely LOVED by the way), what with the grind rails and power ups/weapons.

I was hesitant to buy it at $40 but I'm glad BB had it for $30 so I bought it... hoping it's worth it!

Neiteio

Also,
Hades
is easily my most favorite character now in the whole game.
Agreed. Greatest Nintendo villain in ages. He appears so extensively in this game and has such a cool design and personality that I wonder if it's plausible to think he might be in the next Smash Bros. *strokes chin thoughtfully*

On another note, how does one get eggs for Idol Toss outside of Play Coins? It seems everytime I replay a level, I'll have a few eggs waiting for me when I get back. What determines the number of eggs I get, though?

Through a combination of scanning cards and luck with Idol Toss, I have over 240 idols currently, including the aforementioned character I love so much, though I wonder if his numerous final forms have their own idols, like
severed torso Hades
rainbow "devastation ensemble" Hades
and
blue flame-head Hades

Assuming they're in the game (and everything else is, so why not), I'd love to get the idols for the following (possible spelling errors incoming!):

Cragalanche
Arlos the Serene
Phosphora
Pyrrhon (Pyrrus?)
Chariot Master
Soul-eating monster
Amazon Pandora (whoa!)
Dyntos
Hades' final forms
Great Sacred Treasure

Man, this GAME.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just finished the story and
Boss Battle. On Easy, because higher level unlock after that

One hell of a ride, my main nominee for GOTY so far plus the best game on a portable console I've played in a few years. Yes, it tops Gravity Daze on the list of my favorites.

Dialogues (
Metroid reference killed me
), story, amount of things to unlock, multiplayer. Screw Monster Hunter Tri G, Mario Land 3D and Theatrhythm, if I was to have only one game on my 3DS, this would be it.

And the controls - meh, I'm a leftie, played without CCP and the stand and "mastered" (no problems in single/multiplayer) pretty quick.

Another thing to add to this question:
Oh, and is there a way to straight upgrade a weapon I have without fusing it with anything else?

Has anyone had trouble recognizing the AR cards with their 3DS? It took me like 20 minutes of fiddling to get it to recognize one card, and it won't recognize the others.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Another thing to add to this question:

Has anyone had trouble recognizing the AR cards with their 3DS? It took me like 20 minutes of fiddling to get it to recognize one card, and it won't recognize the others.
I think the answer to the first one is no.

As for your second question, try changing the lightning, moving the 3DS/card, etc. The most important thing is the code in the lower left corner plus the rectangular shape of the card itself, focus on those two things.

OMG, multi is sooooo good. I love ground controls now. I have win 4 of the 5 matches I have just played, with me usually with the top points.
I fucking love my tiger claws with 273 of power.
+3 defense
+3 petrification (that means I get you, i destroy you becuase you will usually turn into stone)
+1 remote control shot
+1 continues lateral shot
+1 get up

No no ! I prefer the english Voice Acting. Star Fox's dub were so baaaaaaaaad. Especially in French. + There's no option to change the dub, you have to change 3DS'language itself.

Why not. Im saying that they put english and the laguage of your country option INSIDE the game, im not forcing anybody.
I fucking love the english voices, but as I say, I would love to have an option.
Also Spain hasnt got any fault that the other countries dont know how to dub.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Why not. Im saying that they put english and the laguage of your country option INSIDE the game, im not forcing anybody.
I fucking love the english voices, but as I say, I would love to have an option.
Also Spain hasnt got any fault that the other countries dont know how to dub.
I have serious doubts if all the usual Multi 5 PAL voice tracks would fit on the cart. There's a lot of conversations in this one.

Beat the main story on easy (going back on higher intensity once I've forged some weapons)

I was thinking Gurren Lagann too

Once I get some weapons down it's multiplayer time :D

Volcynika

I won my first multi match (Light vs Dark) and got the last shot on the angel. I thought I was doing terrible but I actually ended up second place in points. It's pretty fun.

As a lefty, I think I might have to go with circle pad for aiming and buttons for moving (don't have a CCPro). Fun game.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
So I was curious about trying the "no stylus" controls they mention in the training videos -- holding R to move the reticule...

I managed to beat chapter 1 (on difficulty 5) this way without it being a -major- pain, but I can't say it would work well later on... the main problem I had was that this option seems to give you no vertical reticule movement in land missions.

I then tried playing the entire land segment again, in first person mode. It was interesting and weirdly fun, but the boss was a chore as there seems to be no easy way to circle around the boss while in FPS mode...

Playing sans stylus using the default options works better than I thought it would, but it's far from ideal... more relaxing, though... and FPS mode is a fun little diversion! Heh

SteeloDMZ

Banned
After playing this, I'm gonna be disappointed if Smash 3DS / WiiU doesn't have a billion trophies, stages, characters, etc. the amount of quality content packed in this tiny cartridge is stunning.

Neiteio

You guys are really making me want to sell my vita...
I personally think it makes more sense to pick up the 3DS now, since it's hitting its stride with games and the system itself is cheaper, and then pick up a Vita later when the price drops a bit and more games come out.

One way or another, definitely play Uprising. Simply incredible.

Now does anyone know how to get more eggs in Idol Toss, outside of play coins?

I personally think it makes more sense to pick up the 3DS now, since it's hitting its stride with games and the system itself is cheaper, and then pick up a Vita later when the price drops a bit and more games come out.

One way or another, definitely play Uprising. Simply incredible.

Now does anyone know how to get more eggs in Idol Toss, outside of play coins?

You earn then automatically through playing the game.

SteeloDMZ said:
After playing this, I'm gonna be disappointed if Smash 3DS / WiiU doesn't have a billion trophies, stages, characters, etc. the amount of quality content packed in this tiny cartridge is stunning.

After seeing Brawl and this, it'll probably be the most feature rich game ever created.

Neiteio

You earn then automatically through playing the game.
Yes, but what do you do in the game to get them? After playing one chapter, I got two eggs. After playing another chapter, I got five eggs. How does this work? Is it number of enemies killed or something? (The level where I got five eggs was
the Chaos Vortex
, which had the 13-wave arena, so I wonder.

Yes, but what do you do in the game to get them? After playing one chapter, I got two eggs. After playing another Chapter, I got five eggs. How does this work? Is it number of enemies killed or something? (The level where I got five eggs was
the Chaos Vortex
, which had the 13-wave arena, so I wonder.

I believe you collect certain things besides hearts through beating enemies, and that fills up the egg to create a new one.

I have serious doubts if all the usual Multi 5 PAL voice tracks would fit on the cart. There's a lot of conversations in this one.

I know it would probably cost too much money, but a multi 2-multi 3 would have worked. It has been done for other games.

Im saying this because is probably pretty impossible for some kids and other people to understand the dialogs of the game (that are some of the best thing the game has), as with all the action that happens is really hard to read the subs. I think thats a serious problem the game has, this game isnt played only by people that understand english perfectly.

Wii Tank

Just added myself to the FC list. I'm still working my waythrough the single player so it may be a little while before I jump into multiplayer. This game is incredible though I'm stoked to keep going

NeoRausch

I don't want to finish this game T_T

I want a DLC chapters please

I want a WiiU version

THIS GAME
Well looks like there will be dlc...or patches or stuff. With the NN logo one the box, the patches-hook and the (rumored) upcoming 3DS update that will iclude some kind of Nintendo Network support.

let's wait and see.

Well looks like there will be dlc...or patches or stuff. With the NN logo one the box, the patches-hook and the (rumored) upcoming 3DS update that will iclude some kind of Nintendo Network support.

let's wait and see.

The NN Logo just means that it connects to the online. (Which it of course does for multiplayer).
I doubt we'll get DLC levels/missions.

Tuck

Holy hell at Chapter 9... that was an incredible level! Easily my favorite in the game so far. Threw everything at you.

Bullza2o

You know how in the "Together" menu, when you get to choose Far Away or Nearby, what are those icons on the top right near the battery icon? Right now I have a blue dual-sword, and 6 green daggers. What do they mean?

SmithnCo

The NN Logo just means that it connects to the online. (Which it of course does for multiplayer).
I doubt we'll get DLC levels/missions.

Especially with Sora moving on to the Smash games. But if there's any series that needs DLC, it's those. So I hope they build in the hooks for that.

KevinCow

Banned
How in the hell are you supposed to escape the Tempura Wizard if you get turned into his Tempura? He runs so much faster than you. It's total bullshit that that's a one hit kill.

Top Bottom