• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer7 remaster announced for PC (Fall 2018)

GrayChild

From the minds of iconoclast writer/director SUDA51 (Goichi Suda) and legendary directors Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Shinji Mikami, killer7 returns for the first time in over 13 years! From the legendary studio Grasshopper Manufacture, Ltd. comes a cult classic adventure game that cemented the studio in international fame and recognition.

Dive into a dark world of underground assassins in a tale of revenge as Harman Smith, a man who manifests 7 deadly personalities into the real world, known as the killer7. Take control of this distinct murderers' row as they hunt down the sinister Kun Lan, to stop his plan of world dominance, and end his organization of deadly suicide bombers known as "Heaven Smile."

The official Steam page is also up:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It's awesome and crazy that they're releasing this. I remember playing this game, seeing it on the store shelves at EB Games, and clips shown on XPlay.

brap

Banned
I don't see how much better this game can look since it's already pretty simple looking. Will stay cautiously optimistic.

Shifty

Awesome. I always intended to play theough Killer7 but never got around to it.

Just make sure the port's good.

-MD-

I remember seeing Killer7 in magazines and dying to play it but it somehow slipped by me, this is very cool.

What are we thinking the price is? $20?

Shifty

What are we thinking the price is? $20?
Probably $30 based on the DMC HD Collection's steam price.

Maybe $40 because Capcom has no shame and knows full well that this is the first release of the game outside of the GC/PS2.

B_Signal

mouse aiming might ruin Killer 7 but I kind of hope it's in. I loved the game back in the day, I'm not sure I've got the patience I had back then. I have been looking for an excuse to play it again though so I'm up for this

RPGCrazied

Very cool. I hoped it would reach consoles, but can't have everything I guess. They did No More Heroes already, on PS3. But the port wasn't that good.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Still Suda's best game by far.
I always wondered why this game never got re-released. Its one of the standout games that never got dropped on xboxlive or PSN over the years.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Im glad have it the Gamecube version for 4.00$

For the university i cant pass of the third level.

I hope they can release in PS4 Version.

Yagami_Sama

So, this is the remaster that would be released in the next 10 years ? Or is just a straight port ? In any case, this is such a great game. I played it a lot on Game Cube back on the day, and even I played the "extra mode" last year.

I hope they consider to port for another platforms.

Velius

Banned
Master...

We're in a tight spot!

A really, really tight spot!

Capcom is going to charge $40.00 fucking dollars for a widescreen patch!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Ha, I think it was Brian Altano (IGN) that just this week said that a Killer 7 remaster was his dream E3 announcement or something. He’d be happy. Although, amusingly, I don’t think he is a PC gamer. Will most likely come to consoles though.

Some people are upset by an FPS counter in the trailer right out of the Dolphin emulator. The emulator developers said they are looking forward to see if the final version uses their emulator and releases the complete source code in compliance with the emulator's GNU license.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
wow, I didn't see that coming. I love this game.
Ha, I think it was Brian Altano (IGN) that just this week said that a Killer 7 remaster was his dream E3 announcement or something. He’d be happy. Although, amusingly, I don’t think he is a PC gamer. Will most likely come to consoles though.
I guess that this games doesn't require that much of hardware, so if he is like me that buys a PC game more for nostalgia, he's gonna have some fun.

HotPocket69

Banned
Is this ever coming to consoles?

It's one of my favorite games of all time. Suda's magnum opus. I play it annually and am considering dragging out my BC Wii and Wavebird once again to run through it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom