• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 4 Uses Raytracing For Its Real-Time Reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guilty_AI

Killzone has never been just SP though. It’s SP and MP. Killzone 2 was touted the “halo killer” which never happened but Sony put out 4 Killzone games (5 with handheld one).

You don’t need COD numbers.

COD launches in October/novembwr. So launch this in April. It can carve out a healthy community size that will buy into battle passes etc.

The biggest misstep of products these days is launching in a shit state. Sony avoids that. Guerrilla is a powerhouse studio. If they launch a functional and fun FPS with MP and SP, it will sell, and it will retain a solid player base.

Shit games like the finals still have 17,000 players on steam alone. I don’t think KZ would do helldivers 2 numbers but it could likely hold 20-50k players at a time between season launches.
yeah... these expectations don't seem too unreasonable (though i think 20-50k between seasons sounds too optimistic), but i don't think Sony would invest so much for only that. At the very least i don't think they'd put Guerrilla up to make it.

Its important to understand Killzone was never that much of a seller in the first place, even if people remember it fondly these days. At least it can't hold a candle to most other of the major PS IPs. Why make this when they could make some Horizon ZD/FW MMO or something, especially when they're already investing in Bungie for MP FPS games.

Last edited:

XXL

That was screen space reflections. EDIT, read 2023 not 2013
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Replying to a post from 11 years ago is nothing short of legendary.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
yeah... these expectations don't seem too unreasonable (though i think 20-50k between seasons sounds too optimistic), but i don't think Sony would invest so much for only that. At the very least i don't think they'd put Guerrilla up to make it.

Its important to understand Killzone was never that much of a seller in the first place, even if people remember it fondly these days. At least it can't hold a candle to most other of the major PS IPs. Why make this when they could make some Horizon ZD/FW MMO or something, especially when they're already investing in Bungie for MP FPS games.
It has a place and prior KZ games didn’t do any micro transactions.

Now with skins and seasons it can be a much better investment for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom