• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Alboreo

I'll add myself to the spreadsheet when I can, but my PSN ID is josqpiercy. I've been playing pretty much constantly since it came out and am loving it so far.

Gator86

I didn't even notice the game chat issue. I usually just mute everyone anyone. Kind of crazy they wouldn't add it for something as team-based as this MP

There really isn't voice chat? That's crazy to me...

Three things they need to address in an upcoming patch:

• Improved FOV
  • Voice chat
  • Party system

Is no one having luck editing the spreadsheet? I see a bunch of people in there, but nobody is adding anything.

EDIT:
Fixed it. Should be good to go. Sorry about that.

Grenade launcher on assault class! That thing is crazy. I feel like once everyone gets one the game will be ruined.

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

Added myself to the Google Doc. I'm GMT+9 (Japan) but I can play with US West Coast GAF on your Friday and Saturday nights.

Also, in the Google Doc comment section, I added my main class (support)

Ubiquitar

Neo Member
I've never played MP in any game--ever. Believe it or not this was the first MP game I've ever tried. I don't understand a thing and I get killed and killed and killed. But I like it! WTF do I do to get better? Keep playing?

CheezyMac88

What is everybody sensitivity because this is the first game I actually have trouble keeping my cross hair on somebody.

I've never played MP in any game--ever. Believe it or not this was the first MP game I've ever tried. I don't understand a thing and I get killed and killed and killed. But I like it! WTF do I do to get better? Keep playing?

Yeah, there's quite a bit of a learning curve. All about head shots, and using the abilities on the left and right on your d-pad.

I'd encourage everyone to read all the abilities while editing your classes. I didn't understand what the Stun on assault even did for a while.

What is everybody sensitivity because this is the first game I actually have trouble keeping my cross hair on somebody.

I keep it at default. You actually have to line your shots up precisely with your analog stick movements, as there isn't a "snap to target" aim-assist.

Yes I know that but still what's the best to improve my aim?

All I can say is be patient with your shots and don't move your analog sticks too much. Zone in right at their upper chest and burst fire if applicable.

It might be good to be Support Class, stick with your teammates and have them meat shield for you, revive them when necessary. Assault could be a good option too, since you can deploy a shield. Try not to run around the map alone, you could get ambushed. Find a weapon you like and stick with it. Never stand still, always keep on the move but be wary when going through doors or when you're in the open. Change your stick sensitivity around to your liking. Maybe go into bot matches to get a feel for each map and the guns. You can't earn Challenges to unlock attachments there, but you can practice your aiming and shooting.

Sanke__

Yeah, the campaign is brutally bad in pacing, acting, A.I The whole package is rather bad, IMO.

I feel like at some point in development they just gave up on the singleplayer and focused on the multiplayer.

The multiplayer is awesome but it kinda sucks having so many launch fps games and none of them have a good singleplayer.

Oh and the shield is AMAZING
Shield pistol all the way

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
The no in-game chat will kill this game. Also, there are no official 24 player Warzones...such fail.

Mikey Jr.

I like it so far. Wish the maps were a little bigger. Kinda feels claustrophobic.

One thing that HAS TO BE FUCKING CHANGED. Reloading. For some reason, I sometimes have to press square twice because it doesn't register the press.

Like, I'll zoom in, shoot, then let go L2 and as soon as I do, I press square to reload. Except it doesn't reload. It is fucking aggravating.

Not many play as support, and those who do don't seem to revive very often.

That's a shame. Revive+Spawn Beacon is a ridiculous combo to have on a single class.

I wonder how bad 64 players would make the framerate drop. (If i was in a BF4 thread).

What I was getting as is that perhaps performance isn't optimal with that many players and that's why GG hasn't enabled it as a public playlist. IDK how well BF4 runs with max player count but at least they're offering it (if it worked).

A flagship PS4 title with no voice chat is the reason why no one chats in PS4 in the first place. What's the point of that headset?

What a shitty scenario.

I talked for the entire game, and now they tell me there's no voice chat!

Ellite25

One thing that HAS TO BE FUCKING CHANGED. Reloading. For some reason, I sometimes have to press square twice because it doesn't register the press.

Like, I'll zoom in, shoot, then let go L2 and as soon as I do, I press square to reload. Except it doesn't reload. It is fucking aggravating.
I've noticed the same thing. I tap it at least 2-3 times to get it to reload.

Grinchy

Banned
The nearly non-existent aim assist in this game becomes much more apparent after playing BF4. I'm liking both so far though.

Arklite

A flagship PS4 title with no voice chat is the reason why no one chats in PS4 in the first place. What's the point of that headset?

What a shitty scenario.

I talked for the entire game, and now they tell me there's no voice chat!

Its pretty damn strange. I was tempted to get on a mic to call out where I'd placed spawn beacons since theres a lot of new guys not paying attention, but its pointless apparently.

GodofWine

What do I select to get pure deathmatch?

No clue. the interface is obtuse.

they need:

-voice chat (i cannot get past the dumbness..)
-clearly defined official games. they need to act like all their players only played COD and need an easy way to play modes they like-It took me multiple sessions to realize i could search for more warzones beyond the recommended ones.

Mikey Jr.

I really really REALLY hate the challenge system to unlock gear. One of the unlocks now is "get X amount of kills with the grenade". Ohh man, fuck that. I rarely get grenade kills as it is when I try.

Wish they kept the XP system, but left the challenge system for cosmetic stuff.

Also, what is XP for anyways? I'm seemingly not getting anything out of it besides my rank going up.

No clue. the interface is obtuse.

they need:

-voice chat (i cannot get past the dumbness..)
-clearly defined official games. they need to act like all their players only played COD and need an easy way to play modes they like-It took me multiple sessions to realize i could search for more warzones beyond the recommended ones.

I'm glad I am not the only one. I felt so stupid.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Added myself to the spreadsheet.

Also, if you guys haven't turned on adaptive aim toggle, it's fantastic. Hold the trigger and you'll lower your gun when you release it. Tap the trigger and you're in "holding" mode for aiming.

Mesoian

So tell me something GAF, SF is my first killzone.

Why is it that when I'm in dash, and someone comes into my view, and I press L1 to aim down the sights, the gun drops to the left for half a second before actually rising up into looking down the sights mode? Is that a killzone thing? Because I find it infuriating.

Top Bottom