• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Underwhelmed by the Graphics on God of War Ragnarock!

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I love God of War on the PLaystaiton 4. One of the best games made period! Infact I replayed it 2 months ago on my PS5.

The issue I have with the Trailer today is it did not wow me. In fact, it looks exactly like God of War on the ps4 pro. I was expecting graphics that dazzled me and really showed an evolotuion of the game but didn't see any of that in the trailer shown today. I know the game isn't finished and they didn't show much but it's unusual for a game to look dramatically different from it's initial game play reveal. I will no doubt be buying the game day 1 but kinda depressed the game doesnt look like a huge leap forward graphically.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
willem dafoe smile GIF
God Of War Kratos Nod GIF by PlayStation
whut ?

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Yep, a year and a half after the launch of their shiny new console, sony is developing games targetting the ps4.

Hey, remember 7 years ago when a year an a half after the ps4 released we got bloodborne? Now we're getting uprezzed ps4 games.

Fucking conmen, they're selling a 500$ piece of kit and treating its customers as second rate suckers.

I should stop posting for some time, I'm seriously upset over this.... and you know the worst? by the time they start releasing proper ps5 games, the ps5 pro will be out! Sony business strategy makes the ps5 obsolete.

I am going to stop posting for a while.

fersnake

the first game was 30fps, then we got spoiled by the ps5 at 4k/60fps im literally starting to play it for the first time and looks so good and i get what you mean by it, but no this looks so much better, i think Horizon looks better but i think it's just the color saturation.

I was underwhelmed. The first is my GoTY. This looks like more of the same. It will be good but the showing was shockingly underwhelming. No Thor, no compelling narrative, no compelling combat choreography shown, no new gameplay shown.

It was basically a trailer showing off Boy after puberty and some lake shots.
Yeah, and boy did that boy face look ugly and just.. Bad.

MiguelItUp

I'm fully invested, but was expecting cross gen. So I'm not too surprised. Still looks great though, and a step up from the last game in a lot of ways.

I think a lot of folks are associating it with DLC because so much of it looks familiar to the previous game. But it makes sense regarding when the game takes place, etc. At times it does look expansion-like, for sure.

Definitely the most exciting part of the show for me.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Looks more than good enough.

I guarantee if you took a high Res Image from God Of War on ps4 pro and God of War Ragnarok on Ps5 it 's going to be hard to tell the difference. Either is not a bad looking game at all but with ps5 being almost 4x as powerful I thought I was going to have to change my pants after they showed Ragnarok.

Despite PS4 being lead platform it's still gonna be a hit. Looking forward to it. Gonna look razor sharp on PS5. PS5 owners going to be much happier when you consider faster load times and gameplay that won't struggle to hold 30fps. Still don't have a PS5 yet but I'm sure by the time PS5 are more available Sony will have announced a PS5 Pro. I'll have that to look forward to. Which is nice.

Top Bottom