• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinect in Sony TV? Maybe the Digitimes rumor was correct.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Damn that h.265 (HEVC) sounds incredible. Shame that its not scheduled for full standards ratification until next year. According to wikipedia anyway.

Zzoram

Kinect on Sony TVs would be a desperate last ditch move to claim the living room before Apple starts selling TVs.

NHDave

Ugh.... the more of those that are out there, the more Kinect games there will be.... even if people don't even know they fucking have one.

I wish this stupid thing had just flopped so we could quit wasting our time watching all these shitty titles come out for it.

Actually our family has quite a few titles for Kinect and my family plays games together, so that is a bad thing?

one Xbox is for Kinect....kids...... family.......

the other Xbox is for my man cave ( BF3 Gears etc....)

Damn that h.265 (HEVC) sounds incredible. Shame that its not scheduled for full standards ratification until next year. According to wikipedia anyway.
Working draft has already been published which means it can be used now. For companies like Sony that create and sell Media as well as create the hardware that displays the media can use h.265 or their own creation to reduce IPTV bandwidth used or increase picture quality now. Sony is already using Zlib (open source) to compress data sent over the internet. Zlib can be used with programs as it's totally loss-less. Media can have some loss so a compression scheme for media can be more aggressive and media for the most part has duplicate data between frames which Programs don't have.

LG and others stating that 4K blu-ray will be released 2013 after the h.265 final draft Feb 2013 also is predictable.

Sony is releasing a "1080P" blu-ray player that up-scales to 4K this year. Changes needed to support a 4K blu-ray player are a faster CPU (to support h.265) and larger buffer memory (drive does not have to be modified) which would be in a 1080P to 4K up-scaling blu-ray player (This is the current consensus on the internet). I would guess that sometime after 2013, Sony will announce that their 4K up-scaling players already support 4K blu-ray as does (possibly) the PS3 (maybe only the slim).

PS3 will have "capabilities that are going to be market leading in 2012 and 2013"

Sony Publishes a Kinect style "USER-DRIVEN THREE-DIMENSIONAL INTERACTIVE GAMING ENVIRONMENT"

isthisthepstationmotionjtjt.png

An invention is provided for affording a real-time three-dimensional interactive environment using a depth sensing device. The invention includes obtaining depth values indicating distances from one or more physical objects in a physical scene to a depth sensing device.
This can also be used for CE equipment just like the Kinect speculation.

Top Bottom