• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 new info and tidbits from E3 interviews

RK128

This is some amazing fanficiton.

Please be a stealth insider, please be a stealth insider, please be a stealth insider

Just making guesses man :l. I love the series, so I love going into this guessing discussion XD. So really excited when the Hunchback level was announced for KH3D for example :).

Considering this is a huge tittle for both Square and Disney, this needs have a strong hype-level. I mean, look at my list; trailers for every month or two, announcing a gameplay demo ala FFXV and even a realistic release date. They need to keep the game fresh in peoples minds, and I feel that my list does that :D.

I don't expect that to happen....but I hope I'm right :).

Ahnez

Hm, D23 will be in August, right?

Maybe a 2016 release is not impossible
But also not very likely :(

Carbonox

Square-Enix in motherfucking overdrive mode right now.

I do hope the Drive Forms are back, loved how flashy and badass they were in KH2.

I hope they keep some of the worlds secret.

This so much. Learning about Tron, Steamboat and Pirates beforehand took away some of the best surprises the game had to offer, although I can imagine Disney and SE wouldn't want to pass up the immense marketing opportunity of announcing the new worlds.

Arsenic

They were back with FF14: A Realm Reborn. Anyone who likes SE and is not playing that game is doing a disservice to themselves.
I disagree. With whatever game theory they decided for ARR (boring, repeat fetch quests; Follow marker here; No real customization) I really hope they never put in future SE games.

If you mean by production speed, then yes, they seem to be back. It would be something amazing if they release the next 3 big games within the next 3 years.

Caronte

Western studios.

Like it or not, the reality is that they've split their resource allocations between Square Enix & Square Eidos.

If you think of the "Japanese" games they could've funded with the money they put into Hitman, Deus Ex, Just Cause, etc, suddenly we'd see 'a lot of Japanese games.'

But that's not the reality. The reality is that Square today is a Western & Japanese publisher.

Are you saying Eidos isn't self-sustainable?

-Reaction Commands (Quick Time Events) have been removed for KH3.

of8zIMN.jpg

Life is so unfair.

Just making guesses man :l. I love the series, so I love going into this guessing discussion XD. So really excited when the Hunchback level was announced for KH3D for example :).

Considering this is a huge tittle for both Square and Disney, this needs have a strong hype-level. I mean, look at my list; trailers for every month or two, announcing a gameplay demo ala FFXV and even a realistic release date. They need to keep the game fresh in peoples minds, and I feel that my list does that :D.

I don't expect that to happen....but I hope I'm right :).

Haha not giving you a hard time for them at all! I really hope you're right too, I would kill for a Big Hero 6 level. Here's hoping on release day we can come back to your post and stand amazed by your predictions xD

Bousf

If SE is really REALLY in redemption mode, they must be AT LEAST trying to make both KH3 and XV happen next year to drop the VII Remake in 2017, FFVII's 20th anniversary. Doesn't mean they'll make it happen though.

And we may know as soon as in Gamescom this year. If FFXV gets a release window (it sorely needs one lol) and it's anything further than 'Spring 2016', then KH3 is 2017, for marketing reasons. If we get 'Spring 2016' or earlier though.... *0*

Also, god bless QTEs being out, but I need my drive forms. I found the skills crossing over to Sora (Air Dodge, Glide, etc) one of the coolest ways to get gameplay advantages in KH2.

RK128

Haha not giving you a hard time for them at all! I really hope you're right too, I would kill for a Big Hero 6 level. Here's hoping on release day we can come back to your post and stand amazed by your predictions xD

I was trying to be realistic with my guesses, so I hope they happen man :).

A big Hero 6 level would be amazing and is the perfect 'Marvel' representation for the KH series :).

In what interview was this confirmed??

Here
When KINGDOM HEARTS III was presented at E3 2013, there was tremendous excitement. This E3, it looks like KINGDOM HEARTS III has been making several updates.

In regards to supplementing the gameplay, we have removed the Reaction Commands in KINGDOM HEARTS III. QTE (Quick Time Event. Actions that execute at the touch of a button according to when it displays on screen) isn’t there anymore. For people who have seen the “flashy” battles in KINGDOM HEARTS II, it felt like there were too many of them when doing these operations.

Are there no longer Reaction Commands in boss battles?

That’s right. While removing the elements of QTE in KINGDOM HEARTS III, being referred to as flashy battles, we are making it more challenging. All actions will be based on good or favorable timing.

Rocky

Banned
Drive forms were pretty fun, it'd be interesting to see them return.

Or alternatively, what replaces them.

Also, if this is true...

Prepare for Elsa freeze powers.

Curious on what will replace reaction commands, or if Sora just becomes that more agile to do all that kind of stuff manually.

Actually for Frozen, I'd like to have Anna as my party member and we journey to the Ice Castle to battle Heartless Elsa.

If SE is really REALLY in redemption mode, they must be AT LEAST trying to make both KH3 and XV happen next year to drop the VII Remake in 2017, FFVII's 20th anniversary. Doesn't mean they'll make it happen though.

And we may know as soon as in Gamescom this year. If FFXV gets a release window (it sorely needs one lol) and it's anything further than 'Spring 2016', then KH3 is 2017, for marketing reasons. If we get 'Spring 2016' or earlier though.... *0*

Also, god bless QTEs being out, but I need my drive forms. I found the skills crossing over to Sora (Air Dodge, Glide, etc) one of the coolest ways to get gameplay advantages in KH2.
Time to accept that XV will release after KH3 :))

Mortemis

Banned
A new world reveal at Japan expo seems too close, like its too good to be true. God I hope so.

Nomura: "y'all thought that XV being delayed was my fault, look how fast I got kh3 out. Now enjoy my game with a cameo of Noctis, and yes, Stella."

RK128

But isn't XV much further along than KH3? I mean, we even got a playable demo of FFXV, so we know for sure that it's a 'real' game now. KH3, while it made really rapid progress over the past two years (E3 2013 teaser, TGS 2013 Demo footage, E3 2015 impressive gameplay demo + Disney Worlds being announced), was still announced in 2013. I don't expect the game to launch next year honestly even with the rumor of it being a fall 2016 tittle.

My expectation on Square's release line up is the following:
-FFXV: Spring 2016 (JP), Summer 2016 (US/EU)
-KH3: World Wide Spring 2017 Release
-Unannounced JRPG from new studio: Fall 2016
-Star Ocean PS4: Summer 2016
-FFVII Remake: Fall 2017 (World Wide Release in celebration for that games anniversary)

LuuKyK

Yeah its all sounding good, and I still can't get over that gameplay from E3. Tangled world looked so like the movie. Amazing.

And yeah, next world is totally either Frozen or Star Wars.

Yeah its all sounding good, and I still can't get over that gameplay from E3. Tangled world looked so like the movie. Amazing.

I bet Star Wars, Toy Story and Frozen will be saved for later when the game is looking more polished. ''Smaller stuff'' like Tangled is perfect for early reveals.

But isn't XV much further along than KH3?

XV is also much bigger and more ambitious game so it's impossible to compare how the two projects are going. I can see it going either way but they will probably release relatively close to each other anyway so it's not like it matters. Definately less than a year gap I expect.

RK128

Frozen will be announced at TGS this year, as that move is HUGE in Japan. Star Wars I could picture being saved for E3 next year (through I could see it being teased in a Pixar-themed trailer as Force Awakens does launch this year; great cross-promotion I think).

DarkKyo

[*]Big focus on new areas not visited in previous games.

GOOD! Too many KH games suffer from having their areas and stories rehashed over and over again. There are only so many times I can care about Monstro or Wonderland... KH3 needs to be 98% new and original in the movies and locations it uses for levels.

silva1991

They are considering bringing Drive Forms back.

Considering really? forms were one of the nest things in KH2 especially the final form and the KH1 skin form what ever it was called.

They must bring them back or atleast replace them with something as good.

tumblr_lxpc3j5ZPI1qawyolo1_400.gif

GOOD! Too many KH games suffer from having their areas and stories rehashed over and over again. There are only so many times I can care about Monstro or Wonderland... KH3 needs to be 98% new and original in the movies and locations it uses for levels.

Obviously it means they want a bunch of brand new worlds but even in returning ones like Olympus we see they are at the actual mountain that has not been in any of the previous games.

Son Of D

On the bright side, if we get Agrabah back it'll likely be based on the Prince of Thieves film so it won't be the Jafar plot.

Agrabah will be coming back, and you're gonna love it.

Kain

I hope they keep some of the worlds secret.

Not a chance, they love to reveal the worlds xD

I want command decks and command styles, I want Aqua burning everything and Riku doing Dark splicers all around the battlefield. Just that Nomura, just add that shit please.

PS: And a Temple of Doom world. Indy with the whip is ideal as a companion, come on, he could summon Short round and Kate to scream at heartless to death goddamnit

StarVigil

They were back with FF14: A Realm Reborn. Anyone who likes SE and is not playing that game is doing a disservice to themselves.
No no no no no no. I'm doing myself a big service. Not gonna play it until I'm done with university. I think.

Is Nomura, the greatest game designer to walk on this shithole of a planet still heading this game? A FFVII Remake is lovely and all but I want him to have full control of KH3, the reason it's my most cherished franchise is because of him.

Kain

Is Nomura, the greatest game designer to walk on this shithole of a planet still heading this game? A FFVII Remake is lovely and all but I want him to have full control of KH3, the reason it's my most cherished franchise is because of him.

Yasue is in charge of this, Nomura has his hands full with the remake.

You can trust Yasue.

As far as we know Yasue is the one doing the heavy lifting and team directing while Nomura is behind the main story and gameplay concepts. He is located in a different city than the team working on the game. It was the same thing with BBS and DDD.

Of course the big question remaining what about Gummi Ships?

CMgpW79.jpg

My pride and joy will fuckin return!

Soriku

I also noticed that Free-Flow is back in the trailer, Aena wil hate that.

But I love it. Flowmotion is so much fun. But I get the complaints that it was unbalanced in DDD, so let's just see how KH3 handles it...

No reaction commands is kind of disappointing, but there will be a lot of cool gameplay mechanics anyway. Hope Drive Forms or something similar are in.

Also, minigames are in:

For KINGDOM HEARTS III, the minigame production has already been started. Several things are in a state that can be simply played alone. There is likely a lot of minigames in KINGDOM HEARTS III. 

Aw man, hearing it's advanced in development is soooo surreal. I can't wait to play all the new worlds. Hearing they're really big is exciting.

Leeness

:(

40 hour work weeks (with 2.5 hours of commute a day), plus school, plus little money to toss around = no ARR for me at this point in time, even though I consider it almost once every couple of weeks.

Anyway, hopefully this comes out in my lifetime?! Maybe before I'm 30? :D

Capella

• Reaction Commands (Quick Time Events) have been removed for KH3.
  • Summons return.
  • They are considering bringing Drive Forms back.
  • Huge decrease in load times, areas much bigger and more seamless compared to other KH games.
  • Big focus on new areas not visited in previous games.
  • KH3 will be present at D23 expo, more info coming this year.

dmd1czc.gif

ZangBa

I'll actually miss reaction commands. I know they are just glorified QTE's, but I don't know, they felt special.

Chilikar

I wish I could play FFXIV:ARR, but the monthly fee on top of paying for the actual game is just too much of financial burden for me currently :(

Top Bottom