• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Wouldn't mean anything.

The game will move virtually the same units on both platforms. Which is like 90% on PS4 and <10% on Xbox One.

Sure, but they have pulled this stuff off twice before, first with MGSV and then FFXV. Both are games that are heavily associated with Sony and it showed on sales. I don't think it's as much about trying to go after the JP gaming market as it is ''we got all kinds of games covered, don't worry about it.''

Why KH3 specifically? Because it's the ONLY big name franchise I can even think of that is confirmed to be on XBO that isn't something you'd expect for them to show. Maybe it will, maybe it won't but I wouldn't be surprised if it does. Also I'd imagine they will try to get all the big 3rd party releases they can get to show on their stage anyway with Sony having already secured the marketing for CoD, RDR2, Destiny 2, BF2, all games that MS would definately show on stage if they could.

Now they have what, Shadow of Mordor and Assassin's Creed? They gon need anything they can get.

Sure, but they have pulled this stuff off twice before, first with MGSV and then FFXV. Both are games that are heavily associated with Sony and it showed on sales. I don't think it's as much about trying to go after the JP gaming market as it is ''we got all kinds of games covered, don't worry about it.''

Why KH3 specifically? Because it's the ONLY big name franchise I can even think of that is confirmed to be on XBO that isn't something you'd expect for them to show. Maybe it will, maybe it won't but I wouldn't be surprised if it does. Also I'd imagine they will try to get all the big 3rd party releases they can get to show on their stage anyway with Sony having already secured the marketing for CoD, RDR2, Destiny 2, BF2, all games that MS would definately show on stage if they could.

Now they have what, Shadow of Mordor and Assassin's Creed? They gon need anything they can get.

This is all well and good, I was just saying it wouldn't really mean much in the long run. Most of the people who want KH3 are gonna get it on a PS4.

If Sony brings back a live orchestra then I hope the KH III will be featured in their conference. It not, then it's a whatever situation, it's a multiplat game anyway so it doens't matter in which conference the trailer will be featured.

Tried playing Re:CoM for the third time. Still don't like it at all lol So I moved on to play 358/2 Days. Really liking it so far. The way you handle your level-ups, abilities, keyblades, magic, etc. by using panels is fun to do. Having the Org XIII as your party members (and playable characters) is great as well! I also love (KH2 spoilers)
how the visits to Beast's Castle show how Xaldin learnt about the rose and Beast which lead to the KH2 Beast's Castle events!
. Screw the Olympus Coliseum tho >_>

Malyse

63964789.jpg

JTripper

I'll never not be over-hyped to hear potential news about KH3 at e3 but I still bought a carrying case for my L just to be prepared.

pls Nomura

Nomura walks to the stage and presents the ''new'' KH3 trailer. Reused music, 90% old locations, characters look like fanmade models, game runs at sub 30fps with frame pacing issues and the dialogue is bottom of the barrel anime drivel. Now in development.

After that Hino-sama takes the stage, shows the new trailer for NNK2. Joe Hisaishi brings the house down with perfect new OST, all new locations and characters, the artstyle and character models are PERFECT, rock solid 60fps, top tier charming dialogue. Coming in 4 months.

''KH3 won E3!''

JTripper

Nomura walks to the stage and presents the ''new'' KH3 trailer. Reused music, 90% old locations, characters look like fanmade models, game runs at sub 30fps with frame pacing issues and the dialogue is bottom of the barrel anime drivel. Now in development.

After that Hino-sama takes the stage, shows the new trailer for NNK2. Joe Hisaishi brings the house down with perfect new OST, all new locations and characters, the artstyle and character models are PERFECT, rock solid 60fps, top tier charming dialogue. Coming in 4 months.

''KH3 won E3!''

Only new footage we'll see is a 2 second scene of Sora approaching a hooded figure, who then
activates a lightsaber
. Low effort E3 showcase for Square that would still make people lose their minds!

DKHF

Know you're joking but there's no way they will come to E3 with mostly old footage/locations for the KHIII trailer. Square Enix brings their big guns to E3. There will be a minimum of two new worlds shown and it will be a decent-length trailer.

The only sad thing is I think they might choose to focus just on KHIII at E3 and hold FFVIIR back for later and I wanna see that game really badly as well (though maybe not quite as much as KHIII).

I'm also expecting the KHIII trailer to be shown at the Los Angeles concert on June 10 (considering Nomura said it will appear at one of the upcoming concerts and that he will probably go to the LA one because of E3) so we're getting extremely close now.

gosoxtim

Know you're joking but there's no way they will come to E3 with mostly old footage/locations for the KHIII trailer. Square Enix brings their big guns to E3. There will be a minimum of two new worlds shown and it will be a decent-length trailer.

The only sad thing is I think they might choose to focus just on KHIII at E3 and hold FFVIIR back for later and I wanna see that game really badly as well (though maybe not quite as much as KHIII).

I'm also expecting the KHIII trailer to be shown at the Los Angeles concert on June 10 (considering Nomura said it will appear at one of the upcoming concerts and that he will probably go to the LA one because of E3) so we're getting extremely close now.

i mean it not psx is best place to show ff7 reamke it even to clos to final fantasy 30th anniversty date

Malyse

Except
780x463-expo-2017-announce.jpg

Something both DDD and BBS have hinted at is that we're gonna get a lot more backstory for Young Xehanort (and his departure from Destiny Islands) in KH3. There's also the very strong odds that the chess (or whatever) game YX is playing with Young Eraqus is going to be the major framing device for a lot of the game's story.

Between that stuff, the near-certain Luxu flashbacks, and the also-near-certain Lea/Isa flashbacks, I hope Sora doesn't feel like too much of a passenger in his own game; I'd rather he be a protagonist who drives the plot instead of mostly just witnessing it.

DKHF

Considering it's only a month after E3 (where I think they will give it a blowout) I don't think they will have much if anything to show for KH3 at D23. Though I guess if E3 is the start of KH3's proper marketing they might save something for it and they seem to like showing up with KH3 at D23 (at both D23 Japan and USA).
i mean it not psx is best place to show ff7 reamke it even to clos to final fantasy 30th anniversty date
Nah this E3 would be the best place to show it because XV's finally out of the way (besides DLC) and Nomura said he would show it once things quieted down with WoFF, FFXV and 2.8. It would also be an amazing comeback if its accompanied by the live orchestra Sony now uses. If Square's worried about KH3 and FFVIIR competing for the spotlight they could just space it out between a KH3 trailer on June 10 at the concert and FFVIIR at Sony's conf 2 days later.

PSX being close to the series 30th anniversary date is poor logic considering they've shown they don't care about releasing trailers around the time of major anniversaries. Regardless of that particular poor reasoning though, I am starting to think they will save it for PSX just because they want the spotlight on KH3 at E3.

gosoxtim

Considering it's only a month after E3 (where I think they will give it a blowout) I don't think they will have much if anything to show for KH3 at D23. Though I guess if E3 is the start of KH3's proper marketing they might save something for it and they seem to like showing up with KH3 at D23 (at both D23 Japan and USA).
Nah this E3 would be the best place to show it because XV's finally out of the way (besides DLC) and Nomura said he would show it once things quieted down with WoFF, FFXV and 2.8. It would also be an amazing comeback if its accompanied by the live orchestra Sony now uses. If Square's worried about KH3 and FFVIIR competing for the spotlight they could just space it out between a KH3 trailer on June 10 at the concert and FFVIIR at Sony's conf 2 days later..
wouldnt make more sense to show the kh3 e3 trailer agin on the 14th insead on the show to generate buzz and market the game then of showing the new trailer on the 10th as for d23 i think there stuff at d23 what though is anybody guess

Nah this E3 would be the best place to show it because XV's finally out of the way (besides DLC) and Nomura said he would show it once things quieted down with WoFF, FFXV and 2.8. It would also be an amazing comeback if its accompanied by the live orchestra Sony now uses. If Square's worried about KH3 and FFVIIR competing for the spotlight they could just space it out between a KH3 trailer on June 10 at the concert and FFVIIR at Sony's conf 2 days later.

Agreed with all of this; also, KH3 is much more likely to be far along in development than FFVIIR is at the moment, I think.

gosoxtim

i do think they way far into devlopment of kh3 and going to call voice actors at the end of the year plus i think some people have been serectly voice acting

KH3 and VIIR will be absent and SE stans will rush in to say it's ok and we were stupid to expect anything since we got ''info'' on the remaster of one of the worst FF games and a look at an expansion of a mediocre MMORPG.

Well, at least we got DQXI releasing soon if nothing else.

DKHF

wouldnt make more sense to show the kh3 e3 trailer agin on the 14th insead on the show to generate buzz and market the game then of showing the new trailer on the 10th as for d23 i think there stuff at d23 what though is anybody guess
If they show it on the 10th that will be the weekend where there is no other game news except EA's conference in the morning which is mostly a totally different audience and the concert will be hours later at night. They will have a lot of room to generate buzz there. The 14th will be in the thick of E3.

Tsunamo

I'd really love Pirates of the Caribbean to return in 3. Probably wont happen but i'd love seeing a ton of the movies set pieces in the new engine.

Top Bottom