• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Mecha

Biggest troll SE can do now is not announce 2.5.

So I'll just have to expect that to not be dissapointed.

Actually I would still be dissapointed so I guess I am utterly at the mercy of Lord Nomura.

edit: also lol at ''surprise'' announcement.

If 2.5 is not announced I expect mass riots, the timing is too good for them not to do it now.

LiveSpartan235

Neo Member
Biggest troll SE can do now is not announce 2.5.

So I'll just have to expect that to not be dissapointed.

Actually I would still be dissapointed so I guess I am utterly at the mercy of Lord Nomura.

edit: also lol at ''surprise'' announcement.

Bob Iger CEO of Disney also mentioned during his speech that there will be an announcement on the 14th I don't if this announcement is the one Nomura is mentioning or another one entirely though.

Off to sleep. If my understanding of time zones is correct there better be this:
EfwVCCz.gif

When I wake up.

Enfinit

So it starts in three hours. Is it streamed or anything? Or do we just wait for the news?
No mention of a stream, and I don't think there will be one considering nothing else for D23 has been streamed. Just going to have to sit on Twitter for the announcement.

T-minus three hours!

Enfinit

Some of the KH3 trailer looked a little rough gameplay wise, but it was still enough to get me hyped. Visuals look sooooooooo gorgeous.

botty

Banned
With all of those "attacks" in the KH3 trailer being so light focused, I wonder if Sora will fully control the power of light by the end of this game.

Trigger

I wonder how many attractions will become abilities and if this is replacing the drive forms from the last game.

The KH3 trailer got me so fucking excited, I really need to get that KH1.5HD soon.

BUT I HAVE NO MONEY GODDAMN IT

lol, I know that feel.

Tenrius

I gotta say, I'm not enjoying BBS as a much as I enjoyed KH1. Everything is too sketchy: the worlds are very small, the story bits are pretty thin, etc. A pretty fun game, but it doesn't feel like a full-scale KH experience. Don't know, maybe it's some kind of handheld bias or the fact that I'm still like 4 hours into Terra's story.

aravuus

I gotta say, I'm not enjoying BBS as a much as I enjoyed KH1. Everything is too sketchy: the worlds are very small, the story bits are pretty thin, etc. A pretty fun game, but it doesn't feel like a full-scale KH experience. Don't know, maybe it's some kind of handheld bias or the fact that I'm still like 4 hours into Terra's story.

I have had the exact same opinion about every handheld KH. It's most likely just the fact that the Disney worlds are smaller and there aren't as many, but the adventure just doesn't feel as... Grandiose, as it does in KH1 and KH2.

It's pretty obvious to me that the attractions are much more likely to be set pieces for specific parts of the game than abilities that get called out over and over again. I think if they got used repeatedly they'd honestly be kinda bland, to be totally honest. Give it to me only once but make it really memorable.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I started continuing my first playthrough of kh2 today. Cleared the last of the disney worlds and nearing the endgame. also...

Roxas in the dark city
is a GODDAMNED ASSHOLE. What kind of cruel bullshit difficulty spike is this?? Once you steal his keyblades and he starts using lasers, god help your ass. Want a chance to heal? Hahaha go fuck yourself and eat some more lasers. Timing your guards when it's so hard to tell what he's going to do next, and if you mess up at all you're stuck eating the rest of his combo for a good 5 seconds.

I finally beat it after like 8 attempts. I've been wanting the game to ramp up the challenge for a while, but this seemed like a bit too much too quickly. It would have been way more manageable if i had some kind of dodge roll or evasive move. :p

i've barely been touching the forms... the game's been so easy until now i never really had a reason to use them :(
If you level the forms, you get High Jump, Air Slide, Dodge Roll, double jump (that blocks attacks) and Glide.

You've been missing out a lot. And Dodge Roll is OP in KH2.

I started continuing my first playthrough of kh2 today. Cleared the last of the disney worlds and nearing the endgame. also...

Roxas in the dark city
is a GODDAMNED ASSHOLE. What kind of cruel bullshit difficulty spike is this?? Once you steal his keyblades and he starts using lasers, god help your ass. Want a chance to heal? Hahaha go fuck yourself and eat some more lasers. Timing your guards when it's so hard to tell what he's going to do next, and if you mess up at all you're stuck eating the rest of his combo for a good 5 seconds.

I finally beat it after like 8 attempts. I've been wanting the game to ramp up the challenge for a while, but this seemed like a bit too much too quickly. It would have been way more manageable if i had some kind of dodge roll or evasive move. :p

Roxas
is probably the most difficult non optional boss in the series. It's hard because unless you've taken time out to fight Sephiroth at that point, the game doesn't ever force you at all to learn how to dodge and counterattack properly. Fighting
Roxas
is all about guarding, countering to create that opening, then going in. You're also better off eating the damage from that reaction command instead of going for the triple wielding, since his AI tends to go batshit until he swipes em back from you.

You could have totally had Dodge Roll by then, though! Have you been using Limit Form? It's far and away the best Drive Form in the game. It's also the only one you can use in that particular boss fight too, since it doesn't require Donald or Goofy to activate.

Just took a rough look at the japanese sales of 1.5. KH has been famous for being ''bigger in the west (america) than in japan'' unlike FF and 1.5 is no exeption. I'm an amateur at looking for japanese numbers but I just spotted on my media crate search that in 3 months 1.5 had sold 210k in Japan and probably is around 215k to date. While in the US it reached 270k+ in under a month.

Tales from my ass numbers would be probably around 800k worldwide when all is said and done. Not too bad. I expect 2.5 to sell even better by the way.

I totally expect 1.5 to outsell Lightning Returns in the west unless SE does a big marketing push.

In the same month as GTAV, no less. Outside of GoW Collection, 1.5 is pretty much one of the best selling HD collections released thus far, isn't it? It completely deserves it.

In the same month as GTAV, no less. Outside of GoW Collection, 1.5 is pretty much one of the best selling HD collections released thus far, isn't it? It completely deserves it.

Yup. I think MGS collection is likely next after 1.5. No idea how the GoW origins collection did. The impression I have is that it didn't do nearly as well as the first one but still better than most collections.

Tho it is even more impressive considering 1.5 is PS3 exclusive and MGS collection is on 3 platforms.

I think 2.5 will hit 1 million worldwide if SE does even a lil more marketing this time now that 1.5 clearly shows there are a lot of people willing to get it. I think the current fanbase is cultivated more by KH2 even when KH1 sold better. KH2 is the most popular game within the fanbase and there are probably lot of people (in the west) that didn't get a chance to pick up BBS and there is a lot of good word of mouth for that game unlike Re:CoM.

I have had the exact same opinion about every handheld KH. It's most likely just the fact that the Disney worlds are smaller and there aren't as many, but the adventure just doesn't feel as... Grandiose, as it does in KH1 and KH2.

Dreap Drop Distance has really big worlds.

Tsunamo

I take it you haven't been leveling Limit Form?
Limit Form is a godsend in Final Mix. I rarely used my other drive forms, but I used Limit quite often in my playthrough.

Yeah, that was a heptic month and it still managed to pull off some good numbers.

It makes me really happy as it shows there's still a decent audience on consoles for the series.
Probably would have done even better if they had aired a commercial like just about every other Kingdom Hearts game ever released stateside:

Oh well, at least Australia got one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-GFWC9RYfw
Not a TV commercial according to the comments so I'm not sure where else it could have aired here, nor where it could have come from.

Soriku

If you level the forms, you get High Jump, Air Slide, Dodge Roll, double jump (that blocks attacks) and Glide.

You've been missing out a lot. And Dodge Roll is OP in KH2.

Not only are those skills very useful, they're also lots of fun to use.

Level up those Forms.

Top Bottom