• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Prologue Chapter announced - KH 3D HD + KH 0.2 BbS (PS4)

impact

Banned
So instead of putting Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 on the platform that is getting 3, they put these trash handheld games in 1080p and call it 2.8

only Square-Enix could pull this shit off

Kouriozan

The reason I don't want to play the PS3 ReMIX is because Square Enix didn't even bother putting the French dub for KH 1 & 2, and for once we got a very good one. My brother bought it just for BbS apparently.
Plus no digital ensure that I'll only play on current gen platform.

HD DDD
I fkn loved DDD, and now it's in HD-- beat still, my heart.
And the down-low on the Foretellers, and BBS v2?!
I coulda sworn my birthday was in April.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So instead of putting Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 on the platform that is getting 3, they put these trash handheld games in 1080p and call it 2.8

Nomura did say that we werent getting them already. And DDD is actually pretty fun. Along with BBS 0.2, i'd say it was a worthwhile package if it was priced appropriately

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

1. BbS 0.2 has never been released, only teased in KH BbS, which is one of the best KH games.

2. I'm assuming KH χ Back Cover is a brand new story (movie) set in the KINGDOM HEARTS χ world.

3. DDD is still a good game despite being the "worst of the good KH games".

^ totally called it.

oh well, enjoy.

I bet you guys will still buy it. :p

Sciortino

Jesus Christ. BBS 0.2 itself is a brand new playable prologue/episode in the series which isn't part of the handheld games. DDD is decent and had to be ported in HD to tie into 3. And X will be cutscenes just like 358/2. Lol none of this is considered trash.

sn00zer

1442303774-kh.gif
where did this gif come from?

botty

Banned
There is a trailer on youtube from the conference FYI.

Edit: I'm so happy about this news btw.

edit2: I wonder if Kagari is ready to accept Aqua for her new Avatar.

As someone who knows nothing about kingdom hearts but would love to start playing the series, I have to say the titles are a complete turn off.

As someone who knows nothing about kingdom hearts but would love to start playing the series, I have to say the titles are a complete turn off.
Oh u ain't seen nothing yet. No one can ever fully understand the story of kingdom hearts. I've played every-game (don't have a 3DS but borrowed my cousins one for it) and I still can't quite wrap my head around it completely but thats honestly almost WHY I love it so much

hamchan

It's so much easier for new players to the series these days since all you have to do is buy these HD collections and you're set, shouldn't be much confusion there. Think about the longtime fans since 1 that have had to go through multiple platform changes just to play every game, most of which are important to the overall plot. It was a huge nightmare.

Astarte

Oh u ain't seen nothing yet. No one can ever fully understand the story of kingdom hearts. I've played every-game (don't have a 3DS but borrowed my cousins one for it) and I still can't quite wrap my head around it completely but thats honestly almost WHY I love it so much

It's entirely understandable. If you're having trouble with some things there are videos on youtube, like the helpful GameTrailers ones.

Jesus Christ. BBS 0.2 itself is a brand new playable prologue/episode in the series which isn't part of the handheld games. DDD is decent and had to be ported in HD to tie into 3. And X will be cutscenes just like 358/2. Lol none of this is considered trash.

3D is trash so he isn't completely wrong.

The problem is that I don,t own a PS3, otherwise I would have played the HD remasters already. Is the gameplay on these games like I and II? If so i guess i'll just bite for the gameplay.

Oh. Well, then yes, the games here do play like I and II (although KH3D had some extra systems, some of which will be in KH3, some of which were exclusive to KH3D).

Then I guess for you the best really is to see if they will release a collection before KH3 comes out, though.

I really enjoyed Dream Drop Distance personally - thought it was really fun. The story is pretty crazy, but welcome to Kingdom Hearts. It's not as good as Birth by Sleep no, but still an enjoyable time. My MAIN complaint is just the dreameater bullshit. That's why I never did replay it - I don't want to fool around with those creatures just to get Sora and Riku abilities. I missed the command melding/etc from BBS. :(

This is such an exaggeration. It's a solid game, even if it wasn't as good as BBS.

The game was filled to the brim with huge empty maps, there was very little you could do outside of the main story, it was poorly coded, had a disappointing score and was overall rather boring. It's the only truly bad KH game.

Fair enough.

I don't know, I get I'm a bit over critical over the whole thing but encountering stuff like FPS drops and glitches that hinder my progress really takes away from the experience for me.

I'm sure some of my complaints will be fixed with the HD remaster so I'll give 3D another shot whenever 2.8 comes out.

I don't know, I get I'm a bit over critical over the whole thing but encountering stuff like FPS drops and glitches that hinder my progress really takes away from the experience for me.

I'm sure some of my complaints will be fixed with the HD remaster so I'll give 3D another shot whenever 2.8 comes out.
Those are fair complaints, though (and ones I also share as well). I think it's high points keep it from being a truly bad game, but it's definitely undercooked in a lot of areas, and that's on top of being the least polished game in the series.

I think 2.8 will probably fix some of the basic things (framerate, glitches, etc) but the wide open empty maps and the piss poor game balance will probably remain.

The game was filled to the brim with huge empty maps, there was very little you could do outside of the main story, it was poorly coded, had a disappointing score and was overall rather boring. It's the only truly bad KH game.

And BBS was filled to the brim with tiny empty maps. Opposites that are equally bad. On the flip side of your criticisms, DDD still had a good combat system, a completely new set of worlds, Flowmotion (balance issues aside, this was a very fun addition to the series), and the monster capture system for those who are into that stuff. While I agree that it never reached the highs of the better KH games, it stayed competent throughout.

See, I never encountered any glitches like that, and FPS drops are all too common in handheld games anyway, so these did nothing to detract from my experience. And like you said, these problems can expect to be resolved for the remaster.

Top Bottom