• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts series finally coming to Steam on June 13th

KiteGr

Kingdom-Hearts-III-Mod-0.jpg

Larxia

I really started to give up on this, this is amazing and I've been wanting this for years.
As someone who does modding for the game, I'm also really happy because this will bring more visibility to modding and the PC versions as a whole.

I'm confused by all the hate comments in this thread though. Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite series, the gameplay is just incredible, especially on Critical Mode, so I don't know why people here are mocking it for some reason.

squarealex

both are available on PC.

And this is why is funny and a stupid complain.

People refuse to go another store in the SAME OS and the SAME hardware.

The same people wanting "a free store" on consoles, bc "cOmPeTiTiOn iS gOoD", but refuse to go on EGS bc "oh no, another launcher, I need to do another click"

Last edited:

Skifi28

Gold Member
I'm confused by all the hate comments in this thread though. Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite series, the gameplay is just incredible, especially on Critical Mode, so I don't know why people here are mocking it for some reason.
The gameplay was probably the worst aspect of the series. Too much spamming the same button to get random air spinning animations. I'm not sure what critical mode would add to a playthrough other than unneeded frustration, the first game especially was a slog even on normal.

Anyway, the games are not terrible or anything, but they really lack in combat. Birth by sleep was probably the best in that regard and don't even get me started on the card spin-off that I had to force myself through for the story.

Larxia

The gameplay was probably the worst aspect of the series. Too much spamming the same button to get random air spinning animations. I'm not sure what critical mode would add to a playthrough other than unneeded frustration, the first game especially was a slog even on normal.

Anyway, the games are not terrible or anything, but they really lack in combat. Birth by sleep was probably the best in that regard and don't even get me started on the card spin-off that I had to force myself through for the story.
I'm not sure what to say, Kingdom Hearts 2 and 3 have the best boss fights of any games for me. It's really not just spamming at all, if that was the case I wouldn't have spent up to 4 hours on some (amazing) boss fights.
Critical Mode rebalances the game, it's definitely a lot harder, but you have access to a lot more abilities, so it's like an higher skill ceiling providing you more tools for that added challenge.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I didn't realize there was already a thread for this. Allow me to re-post what I said in the other thread:

OH YEAH!!! FUCK YOU TIM SWEENY YOU RAT-FACED PIECE OF SHIT WITH YOUR BULLSHIT TIMED EXCLUSIVITY! SUCK MY BALLS YOU DUMBASS BUTTHOLE-SNIFFING FART-LICKER! YOU'RE A RETARDED-ASS LANKY LIMP-DICK FUCK-HOLE THAT NOBODY LOVES!

EDIT: I mean, "Awesome. I'll buy it." Stupid autocorrect.

Creeping Parks And Recreation GIF

Last edited:

Techies

Been playing it a bit in VR. Started over though, because the difficulty above normal is actually pretty damn hard. Boss two shots you basically. Normal on the other hand feels like story mode difficulty.

It's probably the weirdest difficulty scaling I've seen.

Saber

I've never played the series, but I've heard it has the deepest and most complex story in gaming and possibly all of fiction.

A friend compared it Dostoevsky. If it really is that deep then I really should look into giving this series a go.

The story is like Kojima smoke some cocaine and drink some alchool before writting.
Its kinda good, but as it develops it gets complex(in a god way though) and at the end it kinda sucks. Birth by Sleep is by far the best since it is a prequel and things gets dark fast and the main villain is like very strong.

Last edited:

peronmls

I've never played the series, but I've heard it has the deepest and most complex story in gaming and possibly all of fiction.

A friend compared it Dostoevsky. If it really is that deep then I really should look into giving this series a go.
People saying Kingdom hearts has a deep story is hilarious. Just play KH1-2 by the FF devs. Everything else is just anime BS by some random mediocre team.

Last edited:

MAtgS

Play critical at level 1 then. Then you're basically forced to actually learn the games instead of taking the lazy approach.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
People saying Kingdom hearts has a deep story is hilarious. Just play KH1-2 by the FF devs. Everything else is just anime BS by some random mediocre team.

So not like Dostoevsky then? Either my friend was trolling me into buying these games or he's never really read anything by Dostoevsky.

In fact the video below probably answers that question.

have a spoiler free sneak peak:

Fucking hell. The voice acting is atrocious and the writing sounds like it was written by a 5 year old. And people fap themselves into oblivion over that?

kiphalfton

Ooh yay they're on steam 🙄

They've been on PC for a year or two at this point, whoop-de-fucking-doo if they're on steam.

Watch them be like full priced releases again.

Of course they will. Look at all the idiots who are jumping for joy.

The prices these are on the epic store are hilarious!
SE can go suck a dick at those prices.
Tisha Campbell Gina GIF by Martin

They've been down to $15 to $20 each on sale, on the epic store.

Will you say the same thing, when they're $60 each on steam. Probably not.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Ooh yay they're on steam 🙄

They've been on PC for a year or two at this point, whoop-de-fucking-doo if they're on steam.

Of course they will. Look at all the idiots who are jumping for joy.

They've been down to $15 to $20 each on sale, on the epic store.

Will you say the same thing, when they're $60 each on steam. Probably not.

Calm down Timothy.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'll buy the whole package for 50 at this point. They messed up totally by making this Epic exclusive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom