• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Community Thread: What's Pink And Round?

We'll always have fan art!

But I'd love to have her return, along with the Animal Friends. Enough with the cameos, bring them back!

Omg those are great! Adeleine is absolutely adorable. I really hope she makes a return.

I want a 3DS Kirby. And another AirRide too, but that's a lost cause at this point unfortunately.

Holy mother.... YES! I crave another Air Ride. My brother and I had so much fun with the original, especially city trial.

Best power combo from Kirby 64 is the ninja star bomb. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Yeah the ninja star is definitely in the top 5, along with:
- Stone bird (stone/cutter): getting it is random, but when you do you are effectively invincible, move super fast and can fly. My favourite combo.
- Drill (stone/needle): makes you breeze through levels, acts as a shield, can be used as projectile, super versatile.
- Fridge (ice/spark): unlimited food and projectiles. LOL.
- Missiles (bomb/bomb): hit/hold B and problems go away.

Jeeves

Another nice one is Spark/Spark. Anything entering your personal space gets fried.

Weight has an impact on Glide, but it also gives your Ride more traction on the ground. So it's a good idea to gain Weight if you have a lot of Top Speed and Glide, alongside Turn to get more traction and control. Once you get to the higher stat levels, Weight's impact on Glide becomes negligible if balanced like a 1:2 ratio of sorts.
Ahh, traction. It still seems like the most unimportant stat of the bunch to me, but that's good to know.

DaBCGang

Neo Member
I'm not qualified to talk about Kirby's usefulness in any of the Smash games. I use Ness. He's only got one niche to fill, and that's being a god of aerials.

You are one of the brave ones to take on Ness. My buddies and I would go to KFC and then try playing with the chicken grease still on our fingers. Good lord so much hilarious death.

At least before everyone was aware of tiers I could always claim that I only used Kirby in smash 64 because he was my favorite vidjagame character.

Speaking I need to get me a Kirbah avatar up here once I figure out how to make them.

This is your best avatar yet.
No it isn't.

The greatest avatar I could ever have would be a full image of Frank Zappa, riding on a horse, in 19th century French dragoon attire and, yes, regalia. Wait—scratch that: Frank Zappa in that outfit, riding on The Heresy Dragon from Panzer Dragoon Saga.

There we go. A three-in-one punch of an avatar. I want to see someone do this. It might be the key to alleviating my infectious Avatar Compulsion Disorder™. I just know it.

Oh: we're in Community now. Say hello to Dan Harmon, folks!

Kokonoe

Banned
No it isn't.

The greatest avatar I could ever have would be a full image of Frank Zappa, riding on a horse, in 19th century French dragoon attire and, yes, regalia. Wait—scratch that: Frank Zappa in that outfit, riding on The Heresy Dragon from Panzer Dragoon Saga.

There we go. A three-in-one punch of an avatar. I want to see someone do this. It might be the key to alleviating my infectious Avatar Compulsion Disorder™. I just know it.

Oh: we're in Community now. Say hello to Dan Harmon, folks!

Yet.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if there's a fanart chart out there on various Kirby with different hats based on different video game characters.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
hnngh less than a month till Dream Collection bliss

I'm banking on Futureshop having a Trade 1.

Also, I was lucky enough to finally pick up Return to Dream Land at Staples for $19.97. This is really the year of Kirby for me, considering I finally beat Dream Land 3, Mass Attack and Epic Yarn. Now time for RtDL and the Collection.

Anyone know how Kirby's Dream Land for the GB going to be handled? The GB was a pretty low res black and white device. Curious how it translates.

Drago

Man, I would love to have been part of this. Those T-shirts are ace.

http://tinycartridge.com/post/30722057304/536-kirby-fans-set-a-world-record-at-pax-by

tumblr_m9pacwiZDh1qz9wb4.jpg

I WANT

Chopper

I just finished Kirby's Dreamland 2 yesterday. Not played it before its release on the eshop here in the UK, so I enjoyed tucking into it. Immediately it occurred to me that it was much harder than the original, but the addition of power-ups and friends really mixes things up. Some of the combinations required to find the objects that unlock the final boss are ridiculously obscure. I found the last boss pretty hard too. Google and save states were my friend. Definitely took me by surprise. Would play again.

Chopper

I can't believe Europe hasn't got a release date yet. I mean, they even distributed a Kirby anniversary puzzle for the 3DS's Streetpass Plaza here. Fucking teases!

Kokonoe

Banned
I've been playing Kirby's Amazing Mirror and I just got the power up from Master Hand that turns you into Smash Kirby. So awesome.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've been playing Kirby's Amazing Mirror and I just got the power up from Master Hand that turns you into Smash Kirby. So awesome.

I've only touched it a bit thanks to my Ambassador status on the 3DS. Seems like a really cool concept, although the level design leaves me scratching my head sometimes. I just need to be more in the Metroid-exploration mood I guess and less in the Kirby mood to play it.

Kokonoe

Banned
I've only touched it a bit thanks to my Ambassador status on the 3DS. Seems like a really cool concept, although the level design leaves me scratching my head sometimes. I just need to be more in the Metroid-exploration mood I guess and less in the Kirby mood to play it.

It's definitely not a top favorite for a Kirby game due it's extremely confusing level design. (I don't know what I'm doing) But the Kirby combat and power ups themselves are quite fun.

Boney

Banned

It's probably one of the finest examples of just throwing an open world for whatever reason hoping it sticks.

Makes for an awful game because of that.

It's not "really really short". I'd say it's about medium in length.
Wario Land 4 hasn't got a patch on any of its predecessors in terms of length, honestly. I had it beat within a couple of days. Wario Land 2 and 3 took me a month or two. SML3: Wario Land would probably not take me that long to beat if I ever just sat down and did so...

Kokonoe

Banned
Wario Land 4 hasn't got a patch on any of its predecessors in terms of length, honestly. I had it beat within a couple of days. Wario Land 2 and 3 took me a month or two. SML3: Wario Land would probably not take me that long to beat if I ever just sat down and did so...

Wario Land 2 is shorter than Wario Land 4, I just recently played both. I think what it is is that Wario is much faster in Land 4, you might be mistaking it due to your ultimate speed platforming skills.

Emitan

Been playing Return to Dreamland with a friend and I had forgotten how much I love me a good Kirby game. It's so fun and ~so cute~. The music, the graphics, the new powers, everything is amazing. Kirby really knows how to see a system out.

Been playing Return to Dreamland with a friend and I had forgotten how much I love me a good Kirby game. It's so fun and ~so cute~. The music, the graphics, the new powers, everything is amazing. Kirby really knows how to see a system out.

You sure are late to the party. I'm glad you like it!

Quackula

Is Return to Dreamland more like Sakurai's Kirby games (Dream Land, Adventure, Super Star) or more like Sakamoto's (Dream Land 2, Dream Land 3, 64) Kirby games?

...'cause I don't care for Sakamoto's.

OMG Aero

Is Return to Dreamland more like Sakurai's Kirby games (Dream Land, Adventure, Super Star) or more like Sakamoto's (Dream Land 2, Dream Land 3, 64) Kirby games?

Return to Dreamland feels like a sequel to Super Star.

Emitan

I had no idea those games had different directors but it always felt like there were two different "types" of traditional Kirby games.

Quackula

I had no idea those games had different directors but it always felt like there were two different "types" of traditional Kirby games.

Always felt the same way, when I discovered that they had different directors it suddenly all made sense.

Top Bottom