• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KIRBY FIGHTERS DELUXE and DEDEDE'S DRUM DASH hit eShop today; $7

maxcriden

• Two Deluxe Downloadable Kirby Games: Bounce or battle with two new titles available today at $6.99 each in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. Dedede’s Drum Dash Deluxe and Kirby Fighters Deluxe are standalone downloadable games that first made an appearance in Kirby: Triple Deluxe, and are now updated with enhanced game-play features. In Dedede’s Drum Dash Deluxe, players move Dedede across the stage, bouncing to the beat in seven new stages exclusive to this downloadable version. In Kirby Fighters Deluxe, players use different copy abilities to defeat all of the arena opponents. This version includes five new stages and a new team battle feature. Players who already own Kirby: Triple Deluxe with StreetPass data will get bonus content in both downloadable games.

Yay!!!

Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236158-...s-hardware-bundles-ultimate-nes-remix-for-3ds

Trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MBhvuHo99MY

http://www.youtube.com/embed/BWgUgYrS9pI

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236164-...rum-dash-deluxe-out-today-in-america-trailers

Regarding file sizes:

Kirby Fighters Deluxe is 978 blocks Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe is 470 blocks #Nintendo #3DS #eShop
— NintendoTweet (@NintendoTweet) 29 augustus 2014

zigg

Original Kirby Fighters is pretty amazing multiplayer. I assume Deluxe still has Download Play? Long shot, but does it have more character options for the downloaders? The original limited non-owners to a smaller selection of powers.

Platy

Does the game works with multiplayer with a 3DS with Triple Deluxe ?

Any word on the bonus content ?

Might grab it when my Triple Deluxe arrives if only to have a multiplayer battle =D

maxcriden

Any word on the bonus content ?

Might grab it when my Triple Deluxe arrives if only to have a multiplayer battle =D

No more details just yet :(

(I'll try to find out from the JP release though since's already out there!)

daydream

Banned
DDD DD is excellent, loved it in Triple Deluxe.

I wonder what Streetpass data has to do with the extras, though. Usually it's save data that's relevant for unlocking cross-title bonus content, no?

Berordn

DDD DD is excellent, loved it in Triple Deluxe.

I wonder what Streetpass data has to do with the extras, though. Usually it's save data that's relevant for unlocking cross-title bonus content, no?

It's how the game verifies if you own Triple Deluxe, since there's no extra data saved with the game.

It's a bit hacky (and easily circumvented...), but it's the only way it has to check.

daydream

Banned
It's how the game verifies if you own Triple Deluxe, since there's no extra data saved with the game.

It's a bit hacky (and easily circumvented...), but it's the only way it has to check.

Hm, weird.

I guess you can delete the Streetpass data afterwards (limited # of slots, why), so it's no biggie.

maxcriden

So wait, if I have SP active but never actually got a SP for Triple Deluxe, will the game know I own it?

Fireblend

Banned
Kirby Fighters with online play would have been great to survive the wait for Smash. Smash being about a month away, I really don't see myself playing this unfortunately. Oh well.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

bonuses for having the streetpass data
(or playtime in the records? not sure)
for those who can't see the images

you get 3 masks for Dedede's drum dash deluxe, these masks are Kirby, Waddle Dee, and Meta Knight. Swappable in game by pressing L and R

You get Two abilities for Kirby fighters Deluxe, Bell and Beetle, as well as a stage, Waddle Dee train tracks.

Not sure if these are unlockable any other way.

Platy

bonuses for having the streetpass data
(or playtime in the records? not sure)
for those who can't see the images

you get 3 masks for Dedede's drum dash deluxe, these masks are Kirby, Waddle Dee, and Meta Knight. Swappable in game by pressing L and R

You get Two abilities for Kirby fighters Deluxe, Bell and Beetle, as well as a stage, Waddle Dee train tracks.

Not sure if these are unlockable any other way.

Awesome ...

Is there any way for you to test if they have cross play ?

zroid

Banned
Not sure if I need a Kirby fighters expansion with smash so close, but I am so ready for more DEDEDE'S DRUM dash

Thores

Holy cow, I heard these were being localized, but I didn't realize they came out TODAY until I was on the eshop this evening for other reasons. Now I can't decide whether to get Kirby Fighters or Gunvolt.

The answer is apparently no:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/kirby_mini_games_now_available_on_north_american_eshop#comment2587039 said:
i bought it for my son's 2DS, i already have the Kirby Triple Deluxe,

the bad thing is that Kirby Fighter and Kirby Fighter Deluxe ARE NOT COMPATIBLE for Multi Player...

come on nintendo, i really i can have full featured play with my son (vs limited selection Download Play)

too bad....
Seriously, Nintendo? It is like they didn't think anyone would want to buy the game for that purpose...

Makai

rKDeo0E.jpg

Makai

Any impressions or reviews?
It ain't bad. I just played through the single player of Kirby Fighters Deluxe with the starter charcters. It resembles Smash Bros, but there is almost no knockback on attacks so it feels more like Pocket Fighter. Items are king.

Bomb - Cannot be beaten
Hammer - Up attack is ridiculously strong
Beam - Good
Cutter - Pretty good
Sword - Invincible Up Attack. What the heck?
Parasol - Has the airborne equivalent of Peach's Down Smash
Fighter - Basically Sean from Street Fighter 3
Ninja - Beastly counter and dash attack
Whip - Attacks with precision
Bow - Awful. At least you look cute. Kirby hides in a fake bush when crouching.

Makai

Are you able to see what limitations, if any, are on Download Play with other 3DSes?
I'm afraid not. I got the Japanese version because I'm prepping to stream Smash Bros in a couple weeks. I can barely make it through the menuing so I don't know anything about the advanced features.

Camjo-Z

Yesterday in the Nintendo Downloads thread, I lamented that my current lack of 3DS internet would prevent me from getting Kirby Fighters Deluxe. Today I remembered that Nintendo Zones let you connect to the internet, and after finding the nearest location (the local mall an hour away) I set out to utilize it. I ended up running around for a good 30 minutes trying to figure out where the signal was best, only to finally discover that even with 3 bars I couldn't connect. I almost gave up hope entirely, until I noticed that a nearby Macy's had free Wi-Fi. After some fiddling around, I was able to connect to their network! I immediately rushed to the eShop and set it to "Download Later" while I read GAF on my phone. An hour later, the bus back home arrived, so I got on and opened my 3DS to play.

>97% downloaded

It ain't bad. I just played through the single player of Kirby Fighters Deluxe with the starter charcters. It resembles Smash Bros, but there is almost no knockback on attacks so it feels more like Pocket Fighter. Items are king.

Bomb - Cannot be beaten
Beam - Good
Cutter - Pretty good

You're invincible when you make that bush with the Bow.

Pikma

Banned
Yesterday in the Nintendo Downloads thread, I lamented that my current lack of 3DS internet would prevent me from getting Kirby Fighters Deluxe. Today I remembered that Nintendo Zones let you connect to the internet, and after finding the nearest location (the local mall an hour away) I set out to utilize it. I ended up running around for a good 30 minutes trying to figure out where the signal was best, only to finally discover that even with 3 bars I couldn't connect. I almost gave up hope entirely, until I noticed that a nearby Macy's had free Wi-Fi. After some fiddling around, I was able to connect to their network! I immediately rushed to the eShop and set it to "Download Later" while I read GAF on my phone. An hour later, the bus back home arrived, so I got on and opened my 3DS to play.

>97% downloaded
:lol

OmegaFax

Bomb - Cannot be beaten
Beam - Good
Cutter - Pretty good

Would you recommend it to someone who already has Kirby Triple Deluxe?

Top Bottom