• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's Epic Yarn |OT| The Grass Feels Like...Pants

Great OP man!

OW god this is my most anticipated game, to bad I have to wait until feb 2011 :( for an EU release.
Played the entire demo 2 times at GamesCom and I LOVED IT, it looks soooo good and it just puts a smile on your face :D.
Co-op was a blast also!

dock

I can't believe they've held this until next year for Europe! D:

This has me especially dreading the Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo are still cruel with their European releases, and region locking the handheld will make me cry.

Myriadis

Fantasy Final said:
Abilities

In Epic Yarn, Kirby can't copy abilities and he can't fly, but he has a variety of forms he can transform into.

Perfect.Flying made everything way too easy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I've got a copy pre-ordered from the states. Fuck waiting for an Australian release.

Dark Machine said:
EU = Q1 2011...WHYYY?!

;_;
Because Nintendo doesn't want to impact the sales of their many other big Christmas releases like Donkey Kong Country Returns or erm.... errrr.... Sleep Clock?

Oh forget trying to be reasonable, fuck you Nintendo Europe. My plans of spending Christmas Eve playing Kirby's Epic Yarn are in ruins.

[Nintex]

I played a demo it was awesome, NoE delayed it because they hate Kirby. With every Kirby game the same thing happens, they hate freedom.

bryehn

Regulus Tera said:

I live with a physical disability that makes using the sideways Wii Remote setup both uncomfortable and frustrating. 2D platformers should support the CC for disabled gamers. There are far more of us than you might think.

It's something those of us in the game accessibility community have been begging Nintendo for since the Wii was launched. More CC support for games that don't require pointer use (though that in most cases could be mapped to the right stick).

Super Paper Mario
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Wario Land

...could have all had the option to use a CC. Sadly, 3rd parties like EA and Capcom do a better job supporting the peripheral than Nintendo themselves.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
bryehn said:
I live with a physical disability that makes using the sideways Wii Remote setup both uncomfortable and frustrating.

Okay, I can buy this.

Have you tried any of those weird-looking shells BOSS or whatever put out for New Super Mario Bros. Wii

m.i.s.

Banned
bryehn said:
I live with a physical disability that makes using the sideways Wii Remote setup both uncomfortable and frustrating. 2D platformers should support the CC for disabled gamers. There are far more of us than you might think.

It's something those of us in the game accessibility community have been begging Nintendo for since the Wii was launched. More CC support for games that don't require pointer use (though that in most cases could be mapped to the right stick).

Super Paper Mario
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Wario Land

...could have all had the option to use a CC. Sadly, 3rd parties like EA and Capcom do a better job supporting the peripheral than Nintendo themselves.

The problem here is that the above games use motion controls which they would have to map to buttons if they used the CC (and thereby defeating the purpose of motion control in the first place).

Would you be able to use a controller "jacket" (fits onto wiimote like the Wii wheel) like this?

boss_controller.jpg

bryehn

M.I.S. said:
The problem here is that the above games use motion controls which they would have to map to buttons if they used the CC (and thereby defeating the purpose of motion control in the first place).

Would you be able to use a controller "jacket" (fits onto wiimote like the Wii wheel) like this?

Defeating the purpose of motion controls is entirely the point to having the CC option in place, at least for accessibility purposes. There are many (not myself) that can't use a pointer or tilt functions at all, but could press an extra button or shake the right stick.

Yes, I have tried shells and the Wii Wheel as well, but frankly I want to use the CC and CC Pro I purchased with some quality 1st party software. The option should be there is all I'm saying and it doesn't have to interfere with "regular" motion or pointer controls at all.

Wallach

Anybody wonder why Kirby even knows what pants feel like...?

Anyway... seriously, d'awwwwwwwww omg it's so fuzzy and cute. I wanna play.

zigg

bryehn said:
Defeating the purpose of motion controls is entirely the point to having the CC option in place, at least for accessibility purposes. There are many (not myself) that can't use a pointer or tilt functions at all, but could press an extra button or shake the right stick.

Yes, I have tried shells and the Wii Wheel as well, but frankly I want to use the CC and CC Pro I purchased with some quality 1st party software. The option should be there is all I'm saying and it doesn't have to interfere with "regular" motion or pointer controls at all.

I dunno, man. I guess you could technically map some of the tilt stuff to sticks (and, if you were particularly sadistic, the one pointer-based section we know of), but I think it would kind of suck.

zigg

So apparently this game has a general screenshot function with which you can flood your Wii friends' message boards with cuteness.

And I have one example of this waiting on my own Wii for when I get home.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The Wii is already the best system for platformers ever.

Can't wait to play this new Kirby.

Sadist said:
Need moar impressions
okay well i've only finished the first couple of worlds but here's what i'll say - the game is absolutely adorable, with incredibly inventive animation and design, but i don't really see much else there so far. which is fine by me! just don't expect a canvas curse-style revolutionary game mechanic to get much mileage out of or anything like that - it's very much "aww kirby turned into a cute tank, now let's go left to right a little faster than before".

i'm sure no-one in this thread is excited for a kirby game because they want a challenge, but it does seem like the only one this game will pose is collection-based.

Adam J.

Guts Of Thor said:
Definitely going to pick this up but it will have to wait until after Vanquish.

Do what I'm doing; Pick up Vanquish on Tuesday, then used the $20 gift card you'll get with it towards Kirby.

Top Bottom