• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kishomoto ruined Naruto for me.

So am not big on anime I only watched a handful. I used to watch more when they used to be on tv when I was younger but thats about it, haven't watched anything in years and obviously Naruto concluded a couple of years ago (Boruto is still going but idc about that).

I watched naruto from ~2005ish to the time it ended. so I've been a long time fan of the series and I always enjoyed the world building and the diversity of characters it had, hell my least favorite part of the show is the main characters, naruto sakura and sasuke. and yet it still became my favorite entertainment franchise easily and I grew up with it. some of my friends and family watched it . I played the video games many many times and it was always a big part of my life growing up

That really all changed around 150 or so episodes into shippuden when the writing stopped taking itself seriously. and everyone became a joke, every serious villain became a joke. power creep made everything hard to care about or look at with respect, every character not named naruto or sasuke took a back seat, villains became a joke and mostly silly. world building completely ceased we never saw anything from the ninja world after that. emotional development of characters and relationships stopped among many other reasons. a lot of people have the same views on why it sucked after a while. and I agree with many of them

honestly haven't watched a boruto episode or rewatched 1 minute of it since I saw the final episodes tho again. the show became very very disappointingly different after about 150-170 episodes into shippuden. it really became more of a nonsense I shoot my laser fist you shoot your laser first sort of thing and it just lost all context and took a big dump on prior villains and characters and everything the show built up just to give us some shitty storylines of characters that are shallower than a puddle in the middle of a desert that don't amount to anything. even the combat and animation took a back seat

watch an early shippuden episode, and then watch a later shippuden episode. how can an episode from 2007-2009 have better animation quality than 2015+. beyond me

every part of the story, animation. production went from a 8-10 to a 2-3-4 and the show just became so fucking bad am not afraid to say it is even tho I am a big fan of it.

honestly every time I think of it I get sad because it was such a big part of my life and the fucker just ruined it completely.

Fbh

Yep
I stuck with it because I was still curious to see how it would end and I was a big fan in my teens. Also since I read the manga it took like 3 minutes out of my week.

But it definitely went to shit soon after Shippuden started. Battles became less interesting, powers became less interesting, the side cast slowly but steadily became irrelevant and everything focused on Naruto, Sasuke and the Uchiha.

It's not just Naruto though. It tends to happen to most stories that make too much money and aren't allowed to end. Try to stretch out most stories indefinitely and most will turn to shit.

One piece is about the only one I can think that has been going at a steady pace for a long time and has remained fun (aside from a few boring arcs).

Last edited:

anujkrajput

Neo Member
I love naruto so much and it's my favourite anime to date. The stories the characters were really good till the end but I didn't like the development of female characters. Look at sakura she is nowhere when it comes to Naruto or Sasuke. Not only sakura but also other females, in the end, they end up useless.
And I hate Boruto, ninjas look cool when they are in old times using techniques with nature. Now, look at what they did to it, they simply modernise it. If they didn't I think it could be better.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

I love naruto so much and it's my favourite anime to date. The stories the characters were really good till the end but I didn't like the development of female characters. Look at sakura she is nowhere when it comes to Naruto or Sasuke. Not only sakura but also other females, in the end, they end up useless.
And I hate Boruto, ninjas look cool when they are in old times using techniques with nature. Now, look at what they did to it, they simply modernise it. If they didn't I think it could be better.

Pretty sure female's where hella strong in that series.

Fought and almost killed the most OP character in that universe, also the strongest akatsuki which where pretty much the elite of the elites in the entire universe.

main-qimg-b9ed9a39ba66a827569bd6d9e6f85193

Leader of the most OP village:

b93ef2160094b08020d6ea815ead8cb1.png

Leader of the hidden mist village which are extremely skilled fighters and she's the top dog of it.

15093.jpg

And then u got miss broken.

270px-KaguyaprofilAnime.png

Anyway.

I liked naruto because of the reason i ended up liking game of thrones.

It's a dark and gritty cartoon where everybody could die at any moment in.

The moment they introduced gaara and u saw stuff like this, where these kids ended up in this grinding dead machine of a contest it became real interesting real quick as you never knew how it would ended. Specially with those bunch of non experienced fighters vs full blown experienced ones. There was no way they would make it out alive. Which made it really interesting to see what would happen next.

Also gaara was a incredible interesting character.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f48716d514e6b794b4b32414358673d3d2d3231303935343031352e313433313131616532366637366437322e676966

Then u got epic fights like this, probably the most well known naruto fight that probably a lot of people got hooked towards it.

653c1e6dc4ac7dbd9cdf0a6ed964fb66.gif

The kid that has no skill, can't do any fancy shit, but almost completely murders that demon kid.

Thought gaara wasinteresting, then they introduced this guy:

Instead of the whiny little wannabe emo vegeta, we now had a actual good version of sasuke on the screen.

Itachi-1.png

U honestly wondered how anybody could fight this guy or ever beat him with his eye tricks. He really reminded me of that bleach aizen guy or the other way around. It's probably one of the most interesting
fighting techniques created.

DevotedDefiantBlacknorwegianelkhound-max-1mb.gif

From a guy that just purely fights ( lee ) with nothing but passion and no skills, to a monster that uses massive amounts of sand ( garaa ) and murders anybody on the spot towards a guy that is a extremely strong fighter that kills you in his torture dungeon for the rest of your life by just having to look at him.

Everything felt unique and really interesting.

The main characters however felt extremely dull, but i would say the same thing about game of thrones, all the main snows never where that interesting, it was the characters around it that made it interesting they just take u on the journey through that universe.

For me personally the series ended when itachi died. I did like the pain saga however tho specially with the frog guy vs pain where he ended up being killed. But other then that i don't think anybody or any story after itachi was finished was much more interesting. It also didn't help that everything became really predictable and the main cast had a plot armor as thick as the mount everest with power creeps that made no sense.

Specially the endless fillers and the endless war completely murdered my interest to ever watch it again, then the weak ass ending where they power pump that chick of there group up again to fight super overpowered endbosses felt extremely cringe and it took me a long long time to see the actual ending of the series. After 30th transformation and power creep of the end boss it just couldn't care anymore.

Last edited:

anujkrajput

Neo Member
Yes, they were strong no doubt in that but read again I was talking about female character development. None of them has it.

Panda1

Banned
i have yet to finish it - but i loved the start of shippunden. It was amazing flashback to Pain, the Akutuza(but allo the filler and constant flashbacks killed it for me - I need to binge the ending skipping all filler.

Shippuden got good when they brought Sasuke back, and was pretty damn good up to the end of the Pain arc. When they started focusing more on that masked dude tho there was a gradual dropoff. I stopped reading the manga regularly after the Sasuke vs Kabuto fight and checked out for good a little after Madara came back. The "war" just didn't feel like a war at all, too many characters and everything was just getting thrown in to tie off loose ends, a lot of it badly.

I think the scale and epicness they started reaching later on is what hurt the story; it just kind of crumbled under the weight and lost sight of what made it fun in the first place. Apparently Boruto's good; wouldn't know though because I haven't touched it yet (if ever).

SpoopySpeedster

Neo Member
The series was dead to me when he killed Jiraiya. Pervy sage was my shit and him remaining dead after Nagato used the "Outer Path" Technique seemed like bs to me.

Most explanations say it's because his body was at the bottom of the ocean, preventing his resurrection or killing him out right if it did. Dead bodies normally float and I just cannot accept it.

Top Bottom