• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knights in the Nightmare, direct feed screens

GhostSeed said:
That artwork is awesome. I made a few avatars out of it if anyone wants one.

5xpdvq.jpg
28h32p1.jpg
2zs8ikx.jpg
2irq3up.jpg

grr, if that Japanese text wasn't in the way the castle one would be really great. How's this?

ssb1.jpg

GhostSeed

Chris Michael said:
grr, if that Japanese text wasn't in the way the castle one would be really great. How's this?

ssb1.jpg

I see your point but I really like the moon. ;_; I hope we get a text free version of the picture in the future.

ethelred

Dragona Akehi said:
I don't think Riviera and Yggdra are officially related, are they? I realise they're on the banner but...

They are now! There were certain elements both games seemed to share, though it's true there was nothing too overt. I wonder if Knights will somehow tie them both together, since it's the fourth episode in the series and Riviera and Yggdra Union were the first and second episodes respectively.

The way the two games were, I could see something built off of what Riviera began, as its own sort of war of the gods. Once that's out of the way, it could presumably have a really big impact on the mortal realms, where Yggdra (and, presumably, Knights) takes place.

Mejilan said:
Be that as it may, it SHOULD be Ogre Saga.

It should be Ogre Battle Saga since the saga is about the Ogre Battle. :p

HK-47 said:
It seems similar to FFT in style. Does it play similar?

The series is similar in style because Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, and Final Fantasy Tactics all shared the same composers, writer, director, game designer, character designer, and art director.

Unrelatedly:
HVODofnWs.jpg

kiryogi

Banned
Screw megaupload! For those having trouble or not interested. I'll mirror the clips on my server shortly. Also if you'll find the connection to Riviera if you got the
bad ending. It basically illustrates that the famed Ragnarok war in Riviera was started by Yggdra. Tragic to think that's her fate. But it reminds me of how many of the true endings in Ogre battle were really unfortunate.
It also seems there's further emphasis about the areas and denizens in the PSP ver of Yggdra as it shows more of
Heaven's Gate and grim angels. Including one that has an outfit similar to that of Malice from Riviera.

The music on the site is the only sample so far that perks my ears up. Sounds kind of like the main theme from Legend of Mana.

I want to have faith in this game, but Riviera turned me off several chapters in and Yggdra even faster. The first asked me do all the right things for all the wrong reasons, the second didn't even ask but forced.

Thanks kiryogi, put in the OP.

also:
Chris Michael said:
By the way, in the official website, what does it say under Genre? (???????? RPG)

Does it really say turn based RTS RPG? I thought that was a mistranslation last week, because that still really doesn't make sense. Judging by the screens it seems like a normal turn based strategy RPG.

anyone?

kiryogi

Banned
Chris Michael said:
Thanks kiryogi, put in the OP.

also:

anyone?

i dont think it's as much of a mistranslation as its based off of what's said in the article when it explains the battle system. But the article called it a simulation RPG. I believe famitsu's article does too. Give me a sec.

Scan: Simulation/RPG
Famitsu: Simulation/RPG, Fantasy
Official Site: Active and Tactical RPG

jarrod

Banned
Mejilan said:
Tactics Ogre: LUCT was officially released here on the PSOne by Atlus. And a fan-translation of the SNES version exists as well, from what I hear.

The only one that wasn't localized (to my knowledge), is Ogre Battle Gaiden for some obscure handheld. NeoGeo Pocket, maybe?

Edit - Yeah, I guess you can say that the Saturn and SNES versions of TO:LUCT were never localized, but we did get the PSOne version. We received:

Ogre Battle: MotBQ - SNES
Ogre Battle: MotBQ Special Edition - PSOne
Tactics Ogre: LUCT - PSOne
Ogre Battle 64: PoLC - N64
Tactics Ogre: KoL - GBA

Or something.
Just to clean up...

Ogre Battle Saga JP
Densetsu no Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SFC) 1993 Quest
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (SFC) 1995 Quest
Densetsu no Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (PS) 1996 Artdink
Densetsu no Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SS) 1996 Riverhill Soft
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (SS) 1996 Riverhill Soft
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PS) 1997 Artdink
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (N64) 1999 Nintendo/Quest
Densetsu no Ogre Battle Gaiden: Xenovia no Ouji (NGPC) 2000 SNK/Riverhill Soft
Tactics Ogre Gaiden: The Knight of Lodis (GBA) 2001 Nintendo/Quest

Ogre Battle Saga NA
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SNES) 1995 Enix/Quest
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen: Limited Edition (PS) 1997 Atlus/Artdink
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PS) 1998 Atlus/Artdink
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (N64) 2000 Atlus/Quest
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis (GBA) 2002 Atlus/Quest

NOA had actually looked into releasing Tactics Ogre themselves on SNES btw. They did the same with OB64 and TO GBA originally too (part of the reason for such late Atlus releases in both cases was that NOA couldn't decide on them).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Knights and FE DS...good start for SRPGs on the DS this year. Hopefully they make it over here this year (along with ASH)

HK-47 said:
Knights and FE DS...good start for SRPGs on the DS this year. Hopefully they make it over here this year (along with ASH)
Disgaea is also supposed to be in development, haven't heard anything in a while though.

jarrod

Banned
There's the Front Mission 2089 remake and Summon Knight ports too. The genre's really starting to heat up on DS. :D

Oh yeah, Blue Dragon Plus too. :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
jarrod said:
There's the Front Mission 2089 remake and Summon Knight ports too. The genre's really starting to heat up on DS. :D

Oh yeah, Blue Dragon Plus too. :lol

And we havent gotten FFTA 2 yet either.

Also isnt the Disgaea thing just a rumor?

Worth a bump?

HK-47 said:
And we havent gotten FFTA 2 yet either.

Also isnt the Disgaea thing just a rumor?

They said themselves a while ago that "Disgaea fans can look forward to a DS game!" or something. I believe they mentioned it again at an anime conference last year.

jarrod said:
NOA had actually looked into releasing Tactics Ogre themselves on SNES btw. They did the same with OB64 and TO GBA originally too (part of the reason for such late Atlus releases in both cases was that NOA couldn't decide on them).

If not for the NGPC's spectacular, abrupt death due to SNK's bankruptcy and sale to Aruze, I wouldn't be surprised if we'd seen that one here too... we got all the others in the franchise, after all, and not many Neo-Geo or NGPC games were region-exclusive.

Oh, and I definitely want to see Summon Night here more, but a US release of ASH would be great too. There have been rumors of ASH US, at least... no so with Summon Night. :(

Llyranor

This is the game that made me read up on Riviera and Yggdra and throw away 90$ to track down new GBA copies of those games. This freaking game.

The music tracks are good stuff.

(incidently, YU just arrived today \o/)

I don't even own a DS, I just wanted to say that I think "Knights in the Nightmare" is the collest name for a videogame, ever.

I don't know why, but I really love that name.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
purvispisgah said:
I don't even own a DS, I just wanted to say that I think "Knights in the Nightmare" is the collest name for a videogame, ever.

I don't know why, but I really love that name.

You are missing out

Top Bottom