• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Reveals Kessen III for PS2.

Trevelyon

"At a press conference held today in Tokyo's Roppongi district, Koei unveiled for the first time Kessen III, the next entry in the Kessen series strategy titles that was born at the PS2's Japanese launch four years ago.

Coming two years after the release of Kessen II, Kessen III promises to make some big changes to the series. The genre for the game is "action strategy," which Koei claims to be an all new genre. The game gives you direct control over troop formations via button inputs. You move your troops, attack and defend directly with the controller just like with an action game, only in Kessen III, you're controlling a giant group of troops.

Strategy buffs fear not, Kessen III will be high on strategy as well. Despite the new action elements, Koei is promising a stronger strategy side to the title as well.

Those looking for a big game won't have to worry too much, either. The game now features a mode that lets you raise a general and equip him or her with over 450 items and weapons. The number of skills available to your generals has gone up by two for Kessen III."

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/542/542347p1.html

kessen-iii-unveiled-20040825113041730.jpg

kessen-iii-unveiled-20040825113037433.jpg

kessen-iii-unveiled-20040825113041308.jpg

kessen-iii-unveiled-20040825113042183.jpg

kessen-iii-unveiled-20040825113047699.jpg

kessen-iii-unveiled-20040825113048417.jpg

kessen-iii-unveiled-20040825113051433.jpg

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
You know what I just noticed? I really hate that guy on the original Tekken box art for some reason.

Gibbo

Sweet! I am a big fan of the series and will be looking foward to it. I do hope they make some drastic changes though...with games like Rome Toal War around the corner, being too similar to the previous 2 just won't cut it

From the straight bladed Tsurugis, I would think that this takes place in ancient Japan, but the infantry look like they are Sengoku period and the armor on the last guy looks like armor from one guy (its been too long to remember for sure , but I think it was Ishida, but it was defininitely someone much older) in the original Kessen.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Didn't expect this. I still have to pick up Kessen II for cheap. While I'm looking forward to Kessen III, where is Winback II KOEI!

shoplifter

Diomedeskun said:
From the straight bladed Tsurugis, I would think that this takes place in ancient Japan, but the infantry look like they are Sengoku period and the armor on the last guy looks like armor from one guy (its been too long to remember for sure , but I think it was Ishida, but it was defininitely someone much older) in the original Kessen.

The general on the left in the gameplay shots is Oda Nobunaga.

Top Bottom