• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Productions to have 'Special Announcements' in Konami's June 2nd Event

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
Your username reminds me of Grey Fox, AWESOME!
Was it intended?
Yes sir, that's exactly where it's from.

Do you remember Snake? The feel of battle? The clashing of bone and sinew?

edgefusion

Mashing said:
Obviously this is to announce his retirement (or his desire to make a painting game). You heard it here first.

He will announce his retirement then a month later announce he is working on a new game. Possibly painting related.

Angry Fork

Mashing said:
Obviously this is to announce his retirement (or his desire to make a painting game). You heard it here first.
I would lol so hard if he made a painting game. It would be so random but I could definitely see him doing something like that.

Anyway i'm so excited for this year's conferences, it's like everything that's been worked on for the last 2-3 years (for every company in general) is finally going to be shown. This year is so jam packed when it comes to E3 I can't wait, and most importantly a LOT of stuff seem to be unannounced things that'll surprise us which makes it even better.

Elios83

It seems that Uncharted NGP will be detailed/showcased on June 2 too.
Coincidence?
Imo no, the announcements will probably be:

1)PeaceWalker coming to PS3 through the PSP remastered series.
2)New PS3/NGP game announced
3)Some kind of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection announced
4)New trailer for MGS:Rising

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
edgefusion said:
He will announce his retirement then a month later announce he is working on a new game. Possibly painting related.
Then he'll stop making it to work on a new MGS game.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Elios83 said:
1)PeaceWalker coming to PS3 through the PSP remastered series.
2)New PS3/NGP game announced
3)Some kind of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection announced
4)New trailer for MGS:Rising

Not sure all will happen but these seem to be the most likely possibilities at this point

EXGN

I imagine one of them has to be Castlevania. MercurySteam pretty much confirmed a sequel was in development last year.

That aside, insert ZOE3 + Snatcher/Policenauts hype.

.la1n

After his twitter post i'm inclined to believe he will commit Seppuku on stage.

a glorious ending for our fallen hero *salute*

webrunner

He once said he envisioned ZoE when he saw the PS2 had two sticks and that gundams had two sticks.

Now, in the actual canon, orbital frames are controlled by these orbs you touch

kind of like the NGP touch controls.

Suzzopher

Here's what I think they'll announce:

Castlevania LOS 2
Peace Walker 2 NGP
Peace Walker HD
An old school top down Metal Gear for XBLA, PSN and iPad.

Just Zone of the Enders 3. That's it. No more Metal Gear please.

And whats with all this "HD version" crap that has taken over GAF?

rvy

Banned
Rahxephon91 said:
Just Zone of the Enders 3. That's it. No more Metal Gear please.

And whats with all this "HD version" crap that has taken over GAF?
Someone decided to steal B/C.

OMG Kojima Pro at E3! I bet they're going to announce the long awaited sequel to

metal-gear-solid-touch.png

Can't wait! So excite!

Lakitu

st5fu
You know what would be amazing?

Snatcher - HD Remake for XBLA, PSN and PC. This Christmas :D

Never going to happen though :(

AAK

If they are going to have an event on the 2nd of June which is mere days before E3, is it safe to say they won't be holding a press conference at E3?

I don't think Sony will actually open the NGP floodgates four days before their press conference, but if there's any third party they'd make an exception for, it'd be KojiPro. (Or SE, but they're apparently not holding any kind of pre-E3 event.)

yurinka

Whatever he announces here, I assume won't be for NGP.
Because looks like all the NGP related games are waiting to be announced in E3.
Teetris said:
Metal Gear Solid Touch is a good game
I don't agree, because of the gameplay and because a simple 2D duck hunt IMO isn't enough for a Metal Gear game.

Father_Brain said:
I don't think Sony will actually open the NGP floodgates four days before their press conference, but if there's any third party they'd make an exception for, it'd be KojiPro. (Or SE, but they're apparently not holding any kind of pre-E3 event.)

We know that we're getting details about the PSP2 Uncharted game on June 2nd. So they aren't keeping game details on complete lockdown until E3.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Frankly, even Suikoden 6 has a higher chance to be announced than ZOE3.

I'd say this is aaaaaalllll about MGS.

SolidSnakex said:
We know that we're getting details about the PSP2 Uncharted game on June 2nd. So they aren't keeping game details on complete lockdown until E3.

I know that, but that's a flagship first-party title and doesn't really speak in any way to their overall policy on third-party announcements.

ULTROS! said:
Frankly, even Suikoden 6 has a higher chance to be announced than ZOE3.

I'd say this is aaaaaalllll about MGS.

Kojima has made it clear that they're going to make a ZOE3 eventually while I don't think has made any statements about there being another Suikoden. I imagine that ZOE3 will surface on the next round of consoles.

Top Bottom