• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima-san possibly working on another PlayStation title

Recent flurry of tweets from Kojima reveals he is using Sony Santa Monica mo-cap studios located in L.A. (again) and also using Sony teleconference/presencing technology MADO for directing mo-cap performances all the way from Japan.

He used same mo-cap studio in the past for Death Stranding
FN6ySuWVgAAbmdC

And proof that it is SSM mo-cap studio
DCONDeoUMAAsS0o

Edit: Even an earlier tweet demoing the tech

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is the longest ive gone without a new Kojima game trailer since I became a kojima fan 20 years ago. It's been 2.5 years since death stranding came out and no announcement, no trailer, no cutscene. It sucks. I almost wish he had done a smaller Peace Walker style game while he was waiting to sign a new deal with Sony.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

This is the longest ive gone without a new Kojima game trailer since I became a kojima 20 years ago. It's been 2.5 years since death stranding came out and no announcement, no trailer, no cutscene. It sucks. I almost wish he had done a smaller Peace Walker style game while he was waiting to sign a new deal with Sony.
I’m pretty sure the Kojima game trailer wait period is not unique to you.

Deerock71

He's going to be working on a horror game called Platinum Hills. You're going to play a character named Phil Spencer just trying to live your life, but Hideki Kamiya WILL find you in this big, open world...WHEREVER YOU ARE, and he will beg for the water in your glass, the scraps from your plate...ANYTHING...just to make Scalebound.

CosmicComet

Please not death Stranding 2.

I love Kojima but he was high off his own farts for that game. Once I finished chapter 4 I just couldn't continue.

So...so boring.

This could be nothing or something, don't put your hope too high. Sony MADO is basically teleconference product made by SONY, so like Zoom maybe? My guess is he is using mado to connect with KJP branch in Japan.

A.Romero

This year we will hear something. I can feel it...

And I really hope it has nothing to do with Konami. I've said it many times before but Kojima is past them, I'm pretty sure he would rather keep his dignity than any amount that it would make sense for them to offer Kojima.

I want to believe it is going to be sci-fi horror.

If it's a Sony exclusive I hope that at least they can release for PC too.

kingfey

Banned
How many people does Kojima is working for now?
First it was google. Then it become signing intent letter with MS. Now he is making Sony exclusive game?

This guy must have mad skills.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I would love more “one of the best game I ever played”like games.
Death Stranding is perfection in game form.
But I’m open to a new IP too.

I mean, anyone who thought his next game wasn’t on playstation is smoking that glass dick.

Guy is best friends with Hermen and Cerny.
Everybody is dead set it is two Xbox exclusives.

Last edited:

yurinka

Kojipro usees Sony MADO but this doesn't imply they are working on a PS exclusive game. Sony MADO is a videoconference product, to improve their communication in this case between the Kojipro US and Japan studios, or between Kojipro Japan and that motion capture sttudio.

But yes, according to Norman Reedus they are working in the Death Stranding sequel. So probably this is why they are using again Sony Santa Monica's motion capture studio. But it could be for a non-Sony game too, traditionally mocap studios are rented to be used by other companies because their owners aren't using them every day.

Kojima days is gone, unless Sony wants to invest huge amount of money, with low return.
Go home, you're drunk.

They left Konami in July 2015, DS entered full development in 2017 and got released in November 2019. Developed by a team smaller than the biggest Sony games, Death Stranding not only became profitable both on its PS4 and PC versions in a few months (they mentioned it publicly), it's on track to become Kojima's best selling game ever.

It also got very good metacritics (82 DS PS4, 86 DS PC, 85 DSDC PS5) and won almost 120 GOTY awards, becoming the 2019 game with the biggest amount of GOTY awards.

Last edited:

Sega Orphan

Banned
I can't see his next game being anything other than a PS5 exclusive. Sony would be stupid to let him form an alliance with anyone else, and I don't think Sony is stupid.

I mean, anyone who thought his next game wasn’t on playstation is smoking that glass dick.

Guy is best friends with Hermen and Cerny.
Well, there are a lot of people who said his next game is Xbox exclusive…

I said from the beginning when these rumors turned up, that as an independent studio located in Japan, the only way I could see him doing something for Xbox is as a side project, while also working on a big Sony game…

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Kojima has pretty much confirmed that he is working on two games: one big and one more experimetal.

Pretty sure this is the BIG game that he is working with Sony. A Death Stranding type PlayStation Studios IP. And I'm very confident that his second "experimental" game is a PS VR 2 game for Sony.

Regardless, can't wait to see what he does next. Kojima is always a genius!

Last edited:
Top Bottom