• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami holding indie dev competition the winner gets to work on one of konamis

Skelterz

Konami are holding an indie dev contest at TGS2021, and the prize will be for the winning team/dev to work on a Konami IP from a list.
https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1348202.html

For now, the confirmed games in the list are
>Gradius
>Goemon
>Yie Ar Kung-Fu
>Twin Bee
But there's more.

Perhaps that's Getsu Fuma game by an indie studio is doing better than expected?

I literally copy pasted this from 4Chan whilst looking for Nintendo fake-leaks btw thought it would fair better as a topic on here as over there it’s incendiary always 😂 nobody discusses there it’s only pain.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Maybe it's the perfect occasion for Hassan to participate?

He may have a chance to work on Silent Hill if he win

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
must be pretty hard to put 3 GBA roms on a single cart call it the castlevania GBA collection and ask 60 dollars for it

CamHostage

That's one way to get some Konami games to play...

I'm in favor of opening old brands to indies. You do run the risk of diluting the brand if there are people who really, really care (although honestly, most gaming franchises have gone wrong a few times in the past anyway, plus when's Konami ever going to make a Yie Ar Kung Fu unless somebody makes it for them?), but it's helpful to keep the brand in memory and it's good for the indie that they get at least a little name recognition attached to their work. Square Enix has been dabbling at it (so far I think only the Fear Effect project has moved forward?), Croateam did it a while back with Serious Sam indies, and I think the most successful example has been the Kunio-Kun/River City games, with River City Girls and RCR Underground (still hoping that comes to console...) released alongside Arc System Works' own canon releases.

catvonpee

I sincerely hope someone makes a viable new Gradius game that isn't a mobile title. I even loved Gradius Rebirth until Android blocked my ability to play it.

I wish they would even do like an arcade Salamander/Life Force HD Remake. Those are some of my favorite games of all-time. I love being able to play Gradius 3 on Switch at least.

ManaByte

Maybe it's the perfect occasion for Hassan to participate?

He may have a chance to work on Silent Hill if he win

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

They probably have to finish a game and not re-release the same piece of shit with three different titles over six years.

KOMANI

KOMANI
sources
tcim7jA.png

Top Bottom