• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Gamestop has sold out preorder deluxe Wii U stock nationwide

I think that scalpers are extremely excited about the Wii U, but that the general gaming population is less so.

You think that only scalpers care, with no hint of interest from anyone else?

I don't think you're quite familiar with the mechanics of supply and demand.

Also,
KuGsj.gif

You think that only scalpers care, with no hint of interest from anyone else?

I don't think you're quite familiar with the mechanics of supply and demand.

Also,
KuGsj.gif

Yes, "excited...less so" means "no hint of interest from anyone else". Remarkable that you were able to grasp my meaning despite the words themselves saying something vastly different.

Misterhbk

Best buy preorders are sold out completely. GameStop preorders are sold out completely. Where the hell can I get one of these? I had my set up all planned out and come to find out I can't preorder it now. So depressing.

Someone please tell me there are other retailers I can preorder from without having to pay the whole thing at one time.

Best buy preorders are sold out completely. GameStop preorders are sold out completely. Where the hell can I get one of these? I had my set up all planned out and come to find out I can't preorder it now. So depressing.

Someone please tell me there are other retailers I can preorder from without having to pay the whole thing at one time.

Gamestop's still taking preorders for the retard edition, online via their website.

andthebeatgoeson

If ur just preordering now, you didn't have things set up.

Gravijah

it's funny that the superior looking systems are referred are called the "tard packs." on the 360, the standard/whateveritwascalledi'mdrawingablank didn't have the stupid chrome disc tray.

Bryan1321

Banned
So walmart now only offers the 8GB white system on their "bundles", and toys r us stores arent even accepting preorders from either black or white

My bro and I were able to pre-order a deluxe set from a local Toys R' Us. Maybe that'll work for you? :p

Rootbeer

Banned
Went back to Gamestop today to pay off the rest of my Wii U Deluxe pre-order. Found out they were able to take 14 orders before they cut them off. That is the total of both deluxe and regular they have been allotted for launch day at my store.

We talked for a bit, and he mentioned he ordered one and was happy for it since he seemed pretty confident that they'd be impossible to get until after Christmas (no surprise there). I asked how many employees at that store ordered Wii U units, and he said him and one other guy, so 2 out of the 14 went to employees. More power to em, I've heard all the horror stories about what working at gamestop is like -- if I couldn't at least pre-order a console at my own store, I'd be moving on to greener pastures.

Midnight launch seems unlikely since each store is getting so few units that it wouldn't really be worth it for them to be open. Still hoping they do.

IronRinn

So walmart now only offers the 8GB white system on their "bundles", and toys r us stores arent even accepting preorders from either black or white

Walmart has had the Deluxe bundle up and down all day. I managed to grab one about 30 minutes ago. Whether or not they'll be able to fulfill those orders is a different story.

Misterhbk

My bro and I were able to pre-order a deluxe set from a local Toys R' Us. Maybe that'll work for you? :p

How recently did you preorder? And did you pay the full price or just money down? The wife will kill me if I drop 300 right now. Been going over my gaming budget like crazy lately lol

IronRinn

What's the link to deluxe bundle?

There's no direct link that I am aware of. This is the link for the bundle:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-...-Choice-of-Wii-U-Game-and-Controller/21803986

Over the course of the day the option for the Deluxe has been coming and going. I actually carted one the second time it showed up but by the time I finished checking out it was out of stock. I just kept refreshing my cart until it showed in stock and then checked out.

Kai

I was able to reserve at a Best Buy locally in-store. They promised day 1 delivery (and midnight opening).

Went back yesterday to reserve Mario U and they are no longer taking pre-orders for both the White and Black versions. Looks like a good launch. Store manager said people will have to line up at midnight for one of their 20 or so non-preorder consoles they will have.

How recently did you preorder? And did you pay the full price or just money down? The wife will kill me if I drop 300 right now. Been going over my gaming budget like crazy lately lol
Well iirc the pre-order slip had $20 printed on it, so I think that's probably the minimum for preordering. I will ask my brother for clarification, since he's the one that put the money down. I believe this occurred on Sunday (September 16th).

I just got back from GameStop. They weren't taking pre-orders at my store, but they said that they were taking a company-wide waiting list. It's not the same as a pre-order, but they'll apparently call or Email you as soon as they know about another shipment.

The associate told me that he just received an Email about it at about 1:30 PM Central Time. He assured me that I would be high on the list. The catch? It apparently requires a Pro Membership.

Kyon

Banned
I just got back from GameStop. They weren't taking pre-orders at my store, but they said that they were taking a company-wide waiting list. It's not the same as a pre-order, but they'll apparently call or Email you as soon as they know about another shipment.

The associate told me that he just received an Email about it at about 1:30 PM Central Time. He assured me that I would be high on the list. The catch? It apparently requires a Pro Membership.

Omg :D

bill0527

Second this. Check your local TRU. I posted in this thread or another pre-order thread about this one.

I was in my local TRU yesterday and they had signs on the front and inner doors still offering WiiU preorders. No idea if it's for both systems or how much you have to put down, but don't sit around waiting. Call or go to the store ASAP.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

And here we go.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I guess this is the best place to post this (Advertisement banner from Wal-Mart)

rHMc6.jpg

I really hope this isn't their slogan for the Holidays, and instead is some lame Wal-Mart specific advertisement. I mean, "coming to YOU this holiday season", really? That's the best you can come up with?

Jeff-DSA

I have two preorders. I do this for all hardware launches now. I put one in at Gamestop and one in at Toys R Us. If one falls through, the second one saves me. If both come through, I give the second preorder to a friend or family member at cost. I don't look to profit from preordering, I just make sure that I'm taken care of.

This time around, nobody is super hyped for the Wii U to the point where they're already bugging me about the extra preorder. I'm sure my brother will want one for his kids by Christmas, but I may give it to a NeoGAF member instead since I already see panic setting in for some people.

Drago

I really hope this isn't their slogan for the Holidays, and instead is some lame Wal-Mart specific advertisement. I mean, "coming to YOU this holiday season", really? That's the best you can come up with?

Isn't the slogan (as far as we know) "How U Will Play Next"?

should've been "How Will U Play Next?"

GameStop is terrible. Can any GameStop employees confirm such an Email?

I'm still rooting for this:

VNnvD.jpg

Replace the Wii Remote with the GamePad and have him say, "Would U like to play?"

Top Bottom