• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Kotaku] New Trailer Teases MOD For Adding Liberty City To GTA V

dex3108

OpenIV was used to start cracking open Grand Theft Auto V back in 2015, and now the Russian developers behind the modding tool have set their sites on bringing GTA IV’s Liberty City into the series’ latest entry.

The group made the announcement yesterday, stating, “The Liberty City will not replace Los Santos or Blaine County, but appears across the sea. Using the power of OpenIV and openFormats, we was able to bring Liberty City right into GTA V map.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4hZLmxOQDE

http://kotaku.com/new-trailer-teases-mod-for-adding-liberty-city-to-gta-v-1790691971

I was all in on this until I saw this comment in the comment section:

I am irrationally bothered by implication that they decided to the put the city SW of Los Santos instead of NE. In my ideal GTA open world, you’d fly NE to get to Liberty City, N to get to San Fierro, E to get to Las Venturas, and ESE to get to Vice City.

Fuuuuuuuck

Why not just wait for the official LC expansion later this year? It's all but confirmed.

At least that one may actually work and look modern, there's a reason the trailer only showed the LC skyline, they're not going to be able to get traffic or pedestrian cycles working properly so it's just gonna be a big empty sandbox to mess around in, cool for some people but when rockstar is working on the real thing I don't really see the point.

Why not just wait for the official LC expansion later this year? It's all but confirmed.

At least that one may actually work and look modern, there's a reason the trailer only showed the LC skyline, they're not going to be able to get traffic or pedestrian cycles working properly so it's just gonna be a big empty sandbox to mess around in, cool for some people but when rockstar is working on the real thing I don't really see the point.
I thought Rockstar said they weren't doing any single player expansions to 5? Where did you see this?

Hip Hop

How is it all but confirmed?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The russians keep hacking everything

#HackermanPutin

I thought Rockstar said they weren't doing any single player expansions to 5? Where did you see this?

There's a rockstar employee that has been leaking future GTA5 updates months in advance on 4chan, so far he's been right on every single thing. Everyone doubted him when he claimed "a knight rider car with machineguns and missles with the ability to jump and use a parachute"...sounded way too fucking crazy to be true...yet it happened, it's in the game now. He's correctly predicted the past 6 months of updates so it's far from just a regular 'take it with a grain of salt' rumor.

It's not a single player update to my knowledge, but for GTA online, the employee said it will be a final send off for GTA5 and come sometime before RDR2's release date later this year, that it'll contain a final set of heists in addition to a fully reworked city, which isn't hard to believe since we've already seen that rockstar employees were working on revamping the GTA4 map to the GTA5 engine.

maxresdefault.jpg

Uh no. The guy who was saying this got called out because some of his previous inside info was bogus. It ain't happening.

Absolutely wrong, search the archives on google, he's correctly predicted months of updates before they ever happened.

You might be thinking one of the hundreds of bogus leaks that sprout up throughout the year, I'm not one to usually peddle hearsay, but the dude is legit.

Simo

Absolutely wrong, search the archives on google, he's correctly predicted months of updates before they ever happened.

You might be thinking one of the hundreds of bogus leaks that sprout up throughout the year, I'm not one to usually peddle hearsay, but the dude is legit.

Hmm probably, I just thought it was bogus? Everyone else seems to off waved it off and you never hear about it.

Mr Swine

Banned
There's a rockstar employee that has been leaking future GTA5 updates months in advance on 4chan, so far he's been right on every single thing. Everyone doubted him when he claimed "a knight rider car with machineguns and missles with the ability to jump and use a parachute"...sounded way too fucking crazy to be true...yet it happened, it's in the game now. He's correctly predicted the past 6 months of updates so it's far from just a regular 'take it with a grain of salt' rumor.

It's not a single player update to my knowledge, but for GTA online, the employee said it will be a final send off for GTA5 and come sometime before RDR2's release date later this year, that it'll contain a final set of heists in addition to a fully reworked city, which isn't hard to believe since we've already seen that rockstar employees were working on revamping the GTA4 map to the GTA5 engine.

maxresdefault.jpg

Booo if true, let us at least play the map in SP for petes sake :(

Spider-Vice

Neo Member
To add on to what's being discussed:

What happened and what I followed, was that before that picture was revealed, there were teasers of a Liberty City expansion made by someone who apparently was/is a conceited "leaker". Everyone believed it because he had leaked stuff from GTA Online before, so on and so on. I think he eventually either shut up about it, or revealed it was a farce.

Fast forward some time, while me and some other people were searching for assets and art in some developers' portfolios just for sheer curiosity, this ended up being found: GTAForums post | IGN coverage.

Very shortly after that, the developer's portfolio was basically nuked (like many others are now when people find stuff from even released games now). It also contained beta pictures of GTA V next-gen.

So basically, and realistically, we don't know what that LC expansion is for, whether it's for Online or for Story Mode, and whether it was scrapped or not. Ignoring the "leaker", the only thing legitimately found was that piece of art in the artist's portfolio.

I think the mod is great for people to mess around and make new stuff in the R* Editor, while waiting for the supposed expansion that might or might not happen.

As for the 4chan guy... We'll see, he was indeed right about the Import/Export DLC, but I actually don't recall him talking about LC. Maybe.

opricnik

Banned
They seems to have AI controlled car here. I guess pedes arent that off huh?
Would be amazing if they did it. Bring GTA 4 physics while you are it.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
I have heard that even add MOD in single player would get banned so I have not add any MOD.
Is that true?

Ploid 3.0

People still love those boring islands huh. I hope the modders added some interesting touches to them. Maybe the GTAV gameplay will make them more fun to run around in.

Top Bottom