• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: The Xbox One Will Not Launch On November 8 After All

OX3S.png

So late November Xbox launch date confirmed?

Xbox One will release 11:59 PM HST (Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time) Nov. 30th

See in November just like we said :p

That "leak" was poorly done and obviously fake after someone pointed out the zero IMO

Should have added the zero man.

And I think it would be "COD Ghosts" or "Call of Duty: Ghosts" instead of COD 2013.

rjcc

I've said since they announced, I think it will be the Thursday or Friday before Black Friday, I still think that.

*shrug* just based off of what kotaku actually said about the rumor they received, there never should have been a lot of stock put into it, but that's how the internet works.

I guess the ad clicks were not coming in at a high enough volume after the story release.

Any sane person would retract the story then, right?

fvng

Kotaku: We Should Really Stop Posting Rumors That Look Fishy To Even The Most Untrained Eyes.

Seriously, that had to be the worst rumor source ever considering how many inconsistencies there were. It was fun to talk about though!

I see rumors on GAF all the time too

It's almost certainly going to launch on November 22nd or later as Watch Dogs is listed as a launch game.

My guess is a WW launch that date.

Create sensationalist headline with no evidence.

become a hot trending story for 24 hours

enjoy all the clicks and ad revenue associate with being linked to all day

do a 180 and say your "source" was wrong.

Good job Kotaku.

Create sensationalist headline with no evidence.

become a hot trending story for 24 hours

enjoy all the clicks and ad revenue associate with being linked to all day

do a 180 and say your "source" was wrong.

Good job Kotaku.

But they did have evidence. Kotaku did nothing wrong. They were given/shown something that pointed to a certain release date so they posted a story about it. They showed exactly where they got their information from, so I can't see how you can possibly blame them if that turned out to be wrong.

JawzPause

If XB1 releases after PS4 it will be so bad for MS. PS4 will effectively have timed exclusives for COD/FIFA which will make matters worse for MS.

Top Bottom