• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku UK: 6 Games That Advocate Peaceful Discussion With Nazis

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/08/18/6-games-that-advocate-peaceful-discussion-with-nazis

By Laura Kate Dale on 18 Aug 2017 at 11:48AM

A lot of people have been discussing recently how to respond to a rise in far-right ideology across the UK and America, so we wondered whether video games might have any solutions to offer. Considering how often we've seen people arguing about the morality of violence against Nazis, we thought we would highlight our favourite games that advocate peacefully talking to a Nazi and explaining why their desire to ethnically cleanse entire populations isn't cool. In no way do all these video games advocate forcefully standing up to Nazis. Nope. No way.

The only good Nazi is a dead Nazi.

I've got to be honest, no game has given me the same gratification at seeing Nazis get their asses handed to them in the same way that watching Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade has. I'd sooner watch them for the hundredth time than play Wolfenstein to get my kicks.

I like the first comment on the article saying that Neo Nazis are different from WW2 German Nazis since we arent in WW2, like that there is a distinction between their beliefs. And one of my friends tries to argue that the alt-right didnt grow from Gamers Gate...

gngf123

1xW7HN6.png

jonno394

I like the first comment on the article saying that Neo Nazis are different from WW2 German Nazis since we arent in WW2, like that there is a distinction between their beliefs. And one of my friends tries to argue that the alt-right didnt grow from Gamers Gate...

Well there is a pretty big difference between the normal German people swept up in world war 2 and the only choice you really had was to join the German war machine, digital representations of whom we kill in countless games, and the people out on the streets over the weekend who are there purely out of hate.

Everybody needs to play The Saboteur. Just don't watch the video in the article, it's the ending and the ending is legit surprising and shouldn't be spoiled.

Well there is a pretty big difference between the normal German people swept up in world war 2 and the only choice you really had was to join the German war machine, digital representations of whom we kill in countless games, and the people out on the streets over the weekend who are there purely out of hate.

That almost sounds like saying the Republicans arent bad because they are swept up in the current wave of nationalism occurring in the US that has led to the events like this weekend.

I mean when boiled down, the nazi messaging = neo-nazi messaging, though neo-nazis are more "sensitive" as they seem to accept more folks into the hate fold who dont fit into the whole Aryan sect, which seems less restrictive than the Nazi's of WW2 and their grand view.

Maybe I'm cynical but having this come off her controversial TB interview seems like an attempt to redeem some respect she may have lost by being a fence sitter.

Not only that but it's also a dig at the section of her audience in an attempt to trigger people by the click bate title.

probably reading too much into it but I wouldn't be surprised

Fisty

I believe the cause for the resurgence of Nazis in our mainstream society is the lack of current games where you violently kill and maim Nazis without remorse.

only half joking

jonno394

That almost sounds like saying the Republicans arent bad because they are swept up in the current wave of nationalism occurring in the US that has led to the events like this weekend.

Its not comparable whatsoever imo. When you're an average German citizen, your country is being run by the nazis and you either conform or be seen as a sympathiser and get killed, you conform. Not every soldier in the Wehrmacht was a hate filled piece of shit, some had to do it for the safety of their family and themselves.

People out over the weekend were there out of their free choice to hate and express hatred. No one is threatening their families if they don't partake.

Top Bottom