• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kristen Wiig. Tobey Maguire. Haley Joel Osment. SPOILS OF BABYLON. January on IFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
ovXWb1x.jpg

EW has the exclusive first look at the trailer for the new Funny or Die-produced comedy The Spoils of Babylon, premiering January 9 at 10 p.m. on IFC. Spoofing classic nighttime soaps like Dallas and The Thorn Birds, the six part series chronicles the TV adaptation of the novel of fictional famous author Eric Jonrosh (Will Ferrell). His best-seller The Spoils of Babylon chronicles the melodramatic escapades of the oil-rich Morehouse family, led by patriarch Jonas Morehouse (Tim Robbins). Wiig plays Jonas’ daughter Cynthia who burns with taboo passion for her adopted brother Devon (Tobey Maguire). “The whole show is ridiculous and I mean that in the best way,” she says. “The things this family goes through, the murder and the lies and the affairs, is so absurd and bizarre and written so well.”

TRAILER: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/10/spoils-of-babylon-trailer-kristen-wiig/

This is the television event of our era.

Not sure why, but getting strong The Heart, She Holler vibes from this.

Speaking of which, season two premiers tonight on Adult Swim with Amy Sedaris replacing Kristin Schaal.

temp

posting on contract only
I don't want to be cruel, but Haley Joel Osment really does look like some special effects or something.

Wazzy

Banned
I don't want to be cruel, but Haley Joel Osment really does look like some special effects or something.

I've always thought he looks like a thumb with a face photoshopped on. A very small/squished photoshopped face.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh my I just had a good laugh when Haley appeared. I'm also crying at the Toby screaming "This. WILL. NOT STOPPPPP"

Baha

This is a drama parody, right? I laughed, but I don't know if I'd actually want to watch an episode.

Yep. From the link in the OP:

EW has the exclusive first look at the trailer for the new Funny or Die-produced comedy The Spoils of Babylon, premiering January 9 at 10 p.m. on IFC. Spoofing classic nighttime soaps like Dallas and The Thorn Birds, the six part series chronicles the TV adaptation of the novel of fictional famous author Eric Jonrosh (Will Ferrell). His best-seller The Spoils of Babylon chronicles the melodramatic escapades of the oil-rich Morehouse family, led by patriarch Jonas Morehouse (Tim Robbins). Wiig plays Jonas’ daughter Cynthia who burns with taboo passion for her adopted brother Devon (Tobey Maguire). “The whole show is ridiculous and I mean that in the best way,” she says. “The things this family goes through, the murder and the lies and the affairs, is so absurd and bizarre and written so well.”

Sign me up! Looks hilarious. Totally thought it was a movie at first and couldn't believe how many different settings there were.

Bread

Banned
IFC has been playing the shit out of these trailers for months, I can't wait for it.

The part with McGuire and the japanese soldier was hysterical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom