• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kung Fury, Best Thing Ever Made?

I love Mighty Boosh...but nah. Darkplace is consistent and genius, Mighty Boosh has some amazing highs and disappointing lows.

I can't think of an episode I don't enjoy after the first season. S1 is a little rough, granted, but I think as a whole the series beats Darkplace.

and which direction is that? Darkplace and Mighty Boosh are nothing alike.

Obscure late night British TV shows.

Salsa

anything david ashby ever made shits on it from a damn tall height

specially Danger 5

whoever likes this should watch Danger 5 season 2 (which is worse than 1, but more akin to Kung Fury), which is actually funny.

Wanderer5

It not even the best thing that does the retro 80s theme. Blood Dragon does it better honestly, through it still a enjoyable ride despite feeling a bit overrated now heh.

Leftfield. What does that have to do with Kung Fury?

Also, Mighty Boosh was on at like 9pm IIRC

It was just a direct response to the Darkplace mention, I thought it was relevant once that was brought up.

I never saw it during its original run, I'm American so I only discovered it after Old Greg became a minor meme when I was in high school. They make a joke in the doppelganger episode where the fake-Boosh says they've got a deal for a show on BBC 4 at 2AM (or was it BBC 2 at 4am?) and real-Boosh shouts "that's our bloody slot!" so I always thought that was its original air time.

gerudoman

I didn't like it very much, to be honest. I'm a sucker for cheesy movies and series, but I don't usually enjoy intentionally bad stuff.

Newlove

It was really good fun, I enjoyed it. Great VFX and soundtrack. Not to question your tastes with my opinion, but what you're saying is, it is better than Titanic, Die Hard, Drive, Unbreakable, Saving Private Ryan. It's also better than any invention the world has made a reality - the lightbulb, aircraft, computers, electricity, motor vehicles, mobile phones and the internet. The soundtrack is better than anything in the last 20 years - Star Wars, The Dark Knight, Lost, Tron Legacy. Are you sure?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It really shouldn't have gone beyond the trailer. It was funny as a 2 minute trailer, but the full 30 minute thing draaaaggggeddd.

Zubz

Banned
anything david ashby ever made shits on it from a damn tall height

specially Danger 5

whoever likes this should watch Danger 5 season 2 (which is worse than 1, but more akin to Kung Fury), which is actually funny.

Thanks for reminding me that I need to watch Danger 5; Italian Spiderman was phenomenal, and I keep forgetting that Season 1's on Netflix.

Anyway, I love Kung Fury, but the hyperbole in the OP is strong. I loved watching it, but it's not even the best "Overly 80's" piece of media. Still, I can't wait to see where that team goes next.

It's not even that the movie is cool. It's the sheer concentration of unmitigated untainted 100% pure cool. It's like a laundry detergent that's 2x strength but multiplied by 1000.

Salsa

Thanks for reminding me that I need to watch Danger 5; Italian Spiderman was phenomenal, and I keep forgetting that Season 1's on Netflix.

Anyway, I love Kung Fury, but the hyperbole in the OP is strong. I loved watching it, but it's not even the best "Overly 80's" piece of media. Still, I can't wait to see where that team goes next.

both seasons of Danger 5 are on netflix now

Great if you haven't seen its inspirations. As people have said, darkplace and danger 5 are far superior. Kung Fury even directly stole a gag from d5.

Maximo

People keep mentioning Darkplace and Danger 5 but never seen them, worth a watch ? Love everything Cheesy 80s,

People keep mentioning Darkplace and Danger 5 but never seen them, worth a watch ?

d5

c5f.gif

FYZGf5n.gif
(the gag kung fury stole)

Top Bottom