• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kung Lao in Mortal Kombat 11 is Amazing

Pejo

Gold Member
If you think that 8:14-8:22 combo was something, you should try an anime fighting game.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Maximillian Dood was saying if you play Kung Lao you should put Input Window to Medium in the options. Just a heads up.

Ar¢tos

This game got tits patched in yet? Cause that does look cool, but I'm a man of morals.
tenor.gif

... because the most important aspect of a fighting game is boobs...

Nymphae

Banned
tenor.gif

... because the most important aspect of a fighting game is boobs...

I consider them about as important as watching 30 second mutilation animations is, so, not very, but it plays to a crowd. I'd rather look at sexy models than organs being torn out of bodies and eaten, but hey NRS is trying to make this game more family friendly so good on them for taking out sexy costumes right?

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
I consider them about as important as watching 30 second mutilation animations are, so, not very, but it plays to a crowd. I'd rather look at sexy models than organs being torn out of bodies and eaten, but hey NRS is trying to make this game more family friendly so good on them for taking out sexy costumes right?
ColdToffee just doesn't get it. Part of MK's aesthetic was it violence and sex appeal. Now it has just the violence. It's like dating a girl for 5 years because she has a great personality and great tits. Then she decides to get a breast reduction and turn herself into a flat chested bird. Sorry but I was in it for the whole package!

Nymphae

Banned
ColdToffee just doesn't get it. Part of MK's aesthetic was it violence and sex appeal. Now it has just the violence. It's like dating a girl for 5 years because she has a great personality and great tits. Then she decides to get a breast reduction and turn herself into a flat chested bird. Sorry but I was in it for the whole package!

And the whole reasoning is what gets me - "you wouldn't wear a bikini to a fight"
There's a lot of things you wouldn't do in a fight that are present in MK, it's ridiculous for them to get on a high horse about costumes, and not the insane levels of gore.

Nvzman

And the whole reasoning is what gets me - "you wouldn't wear a bikini to a fight"
There's a lot of things you wouldn't do in a fight that are present in MK, it's ridiculous for them to get on a high horse about costumes, and not the insane levels of gore.
That excuse NR made is even dumber when you realize almost half of the male roster is either shirtless or has a shirtless costume. So it's a double standard.

Nymphae

Banned
That excuse NR made is even dumber when you realize almost half of the male roster is either shirtless or has a shirtless costume. So it's a double standard.

Well to be fair, dudes fighting each other bare chested is not really that far fetched.

Nymphae

Banned
Anyone remotely familiar with fighting games knows that tiers don't really mean shit.

Obviously, extremely skilled players are going to be able to perform well with any character in a roster. I think far too much emphasis is placed on the discussion of tiers to be honest, but there is also quite obviously a huge variance in the amount of tools and options that characters in a roster are going to have, some not being so lucky. The reason Diago switched from Ryu to Guile for SFV was that Ryu was not as blessed as others in the cast, and he had to work a lot harder each round for his wins.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
He was a lot more OP in Mk9 in my opinion. So many long combo strings. Justin Wong won a tournament with him too. They made him combo off his hat, combo off of his twirl a lot easier, and his combo into throw at the end. I still like him though.

Hinedorf

Banned
Kung Lao has some serious bullshit moves. My biggest problem with my limited knowledge of his combos facing him seems that he can follow up a combo starter with another combo starter with very minimal possibility to be punished in the middle of it.

You basically have to wait out the multiple storms of combo starters to find your jump in and if you don't capitalize with your best combo you're in trouble.

Top Bottom