• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lamborghini Countach reboot. Happy inner teenager here, I had posters of Countach on my wall.

countach_cover.jpg

countach_06.jpg

countach_01.jpg
countach_02.jpg
countach_03.jpg

countach_04.jpg
countach_05.jpg

LPI 800-4 – Future is our legacy
We’re excited to launch our latest creation: Countach LPI 800-4. Rooted in an iconic and ground-breaking heritage, our newest Super Sports Car reshapes the automotive landscape. Countach: future is our legacy.

Limited Series
Lamborghini presents the Countach LPI 800-4, the celebratory version that celebrates the fiftieth anniversary of the iconic model that since 1971 has revolutionized the panorama of modern super sports cars forever and inspired everything that came after, embodying the sum of Lamborghini's DNA. An even more visionary and futuristic design characterizes this new version totally reinvented and produced in only 112 units, destined to once again change the rules of the game and pave the way for a new extraordinary era of the automotive world.

Feel the Engine
Not only a breathtaking design, but also performance of the highest level. The 6.5-liter, 780 hp V12 engine of the new Countach, combined with a 48-volt electric motor mounted directly on the gearbox that provides an additional 34 hp, is the only example of Lamborghini hybrid architecture capable of creating a direct connection between the electric motor and the wheels and preserving the pure behavior of the V12, which with its 814 hp combined allows to reach the extraordinary maximum speed of 355 km / h.

Fast as the wind, light as a feather
The monocoque chassis and all the body panels are made of carbon fiber, which provide the optimal solution of lightness as well as exceptional torsional rigidity: the Countach LPI 800-4 has a dry weight of 1,595 kg for a dry weight/power ratio of 1.95 kg/hp. Mobile vents produced by state-of-the-art 3D printing technologies and a photochromic glass roof – which changes from matte to transparent with a simple click – remind us that this car, despite its historical inspiration, looks like the postcard of the automotive future of the 21st century.

I've read about car fetish people, marrying a car, shagging a tailpipe and today I stop laughing at those people. I'm texting my wife, selling the kids and house and investing myself in Lambo. What a triumph of modernised design while keeping the bones of the original. Bravo.

Tschumi

I always thought the Countach was the budget sibling of the Diablo. I could have been entirely wrong. But yeah. I also thought the Dodge Viper was the peak of supercars, so like I may have been a little off target in general back then. These days I'm all about the McClaren F1...

I had a Countach in GT6 I think and it was fucking fun... Gotta pay that...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I always thought the Countach was the budget sibling of the Diablo. I could have been entirely wrong. But yeah. I also thought the Dodge Viper was the peak of supercars, so like I may have been a little off target in general back then. These days I'm all about the McClaren F1...
Isn't that Ironic

Dural

I had a Countach in GT6 I think and it was fucking fun... Gotta pay that...

The Diablo was the replacement for the Countach.

I love the look of the new Countach, heard it's something like $3+million and they're all already spoken for.

Tschumi

The Diablo was the replacement for the Countach.

I love the look of the new Countach, heard it's something like $3+million and they're all already spoken for.
that makes sense. i formulated my opinions when i was about 13 and i preferred its name (named after my favourite grimdark game at the time) and it's looks... makes sense if it's a successor... like i said earlier though these days i'm just happy with the mcclaren f1...

...and they won't be spoken for in gran turismo 7 ^_^ :D <3 woohoooooo

Thaedolus

it's always pretty funny when i see a short guy with driving gloves in a short man's car hahahahahhaa
I no joke couldn’t fit in a Lambo or Ferrari at the track with a helmet on. I went with the 911 Turbo because the Porsche hump accommodated my height

I usually really enjoy new Lambos for their craziness but this just feels cynical. Its a body kit on the aging Aventador platform. The Countach name deserves better than this.

AJUMP23

I no joke couldn’t fit in a Lambo or Ferrari at the track with a helmet on. I went with the 911 Turbo because the Porsche hump accommodated my height
I feel you man, I have never tried, some friends laughed at me in college because I could not fit into a Maida. I'm 6'6" tall.

TheMan

All of their cars are minor variations of the same template. This looks almost exactly the same as the Diablo and the murcielago

Thaedolus

Whew. I'm only 5'10" so I'll still keep it on my dream car list.
I know UFC fighter Derrick Lewis drives around in a Lambo and he is 6'3" and 300 lbs. That car might have been built specifically for him though I'm guessing.
Caveat is that a helmet was required for the track. I probably could’ve been semi comfortable without it, but with it I basically had to lean my head over onto my shoulder to even get in. My 5’10” buddy was totally fine with the helmet.

I wasn’t too sad, I beat his time in the 911 and had an absolute fucking blast

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Did lamborghini ever made an ugly car?

Ferrari can go fuck himself, lambo is the real shit.
Lambo is the "muscle car" of Italian super cars. (Thank fuck they came out with the Huracan refinement of that platform and ditched the Audi-esque Gallardo designs).

Ferrari is more "refined classy" of the Italian super cars. The F8 Tributo is still such a sexy car with the dual round lights in the rear. Not a fan of the Camaro style ovals on the SF90.

GymWolf

Lambo is the "muscle car" of Italian super cars. (Thank fuck they came out with the Huracan refinement of that platform and ditched the Audi-esque Gallardo designs).

Ferrari is more "refined classy" of the Italian super cars. The F8 Tributo is still such a sexy car with the dual round lights in the rear. Not a fan of the Camaro style ovals on the SF90.
Only ferrari i ever loved was the enzo.

DJ12

It's not a proper countach without a stupidly large rear wing. Will wait for that version before fapping off.

Patrick S.

Banned
What's sad is that back in the 80s, a supercar was what, 200-300k? Like, if you were a middle class married couple with two incomes, maybe maybe saving for a few years you could afford one. Today all the fancy supercars and hypercars cost several million Euro and will never be within reach of anyone but super rich multimillionaires.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What's sad is that back in the 80s, a supercar was what, 200-300k? Like, if you were a middle class married couple with two incomes, maybe maybe saving for a few years you could afford one. Today all the fancy supercars and hypercars cost several million Euro and will never be within reach of anyone but super rich multimillionaires.
The original Countach from the 80s was in the $100-$120K range.

Loaded supercars of today are in the $300-$500K range depending on what you want. There are also supercars that are in the $80-$250K range.

Hypercars are the over million dollar ones.

Last edited:

QSD

It's a beautiful update of the classic design.

One weird thing with these supercars that I've noted here in The Netherlands, is that every time somebody crashes one, it's in the news. Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, Jaguars etc, if you crash your race monster, you're gonna get dragged.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
The Diablo was a Countach, now the Countach is a Diablo. Why do you care what name they put on the car? It's been the same car.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The Diablo was a Countach, now the Countach is a Diablo. Why do you care what name they put on the car? It's been the same car.
Now the Countach is the Aventador which is the V12 version of the V10 Huracan. 🤪

Anywho, they borrowed the Ford SHO rims.

Last edited:
For 2 mil they give you yet ANOTHER Aventador varient. There's barely any Countach design language on there, shape and proportions and hardpoints all give it away. Should've been a fresh platform/chassis. What a cash grab.

Top Bottom