• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lance Reddick, ("The Wire") ("Sylens" in Horizon Zero Dawn and Forbidden West), has passed away.

This blows. I liked him in Horizons and as a person.

Natural causes at age of 60? Something is not adding up. Anyone know if he has a history of drug abuse or some sort of other addiction or had any mental problems in the past?

Last edited:
Damn RIP his voice is so good I always wished he would become an audiobook narrator. His acting had such incredible range, he had me on the edge of my seat with The Wire and then had me laughing my ass off with Resident Evil.

RCU005

I loved him since Fringe! Loved everything he did! It’s a huge loss!

I’m currently playing Horizon: Forbidden West. I was just thinking that his voice is irreplaceable. It’s happening the same thing as what happened with Kingdom Hearts.

It’s too sad! ☹️

clarky

Gold Member
Damn this guy’s voice was awesome

Surely that new deep fake AI tech can keep his voice going in Destiny and Horizon?

Nah fuck that shit. Let the dude rest in peace, although yes i can see that they will go this way with dead actors sooner rather than later. But yeah the dude had an awesome voice "whether we wanted it or not".................... That wil be stuck in my brain forever

Last edited:

Fbh

Damn wtf. RIP.
60 is way too young to go these days, and he always looked fit.

He was a great actor, the sort that managed to be a highlight even when he was in not so great stuff.

Roni

Gold Member
Man, liked his work a lot. He's the actual villain in Quantum Break as well. Was hoping to get a sequel that would explore his character specifically a little better... What a shame, loved seeing him in stuff!

ultrazilla

Terrible news. Loved him in all his roles. It may sound corny but I'll run some firestrikes in honor of him voicing my fellow Titan leader Zavala. Rest
well and thank you Lance. :messenger_heart:

reddick-zavala.png

Last edited:

gow3isben

But he seemed so healthy! What happened?

And 60 in modern times is actually reasonably young if you are affluent and living in the west without major medical conditions you don't just randomly die at 60. You should have a good 30 years more!

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
I’m shocked. He had so much more to share with the world. Between his voice and range from kooky to serious, he had a lot of talent.

This is just sad. RIP Lance Reddick.

Outlier

I only know him from Horizon and Netflix Resident Evil, but damn he grabbed my attention when he was present.
He was very good at his craft.

Either way; may he be remembered for the good he brought to the world.

Wow, really surprised and saddened.

Such a rich history of roles that he excelled at.

Some of his lesser known ones I loved.

Last edited:

blacktout

God, that fucking sucks. He was the sort of actor who could have peaked in his 60s too. He had exactly the right kind of gravitas to play older authority figures. I could have easily imagined him having a late career resurgence. So god damn tragic.

Last edited:
He was one of my favourite things about Horizon Forbidden West. I can’t imagine the third game without him, especially considering the events of the second game.

Devastating news. Rest in Power.

yamaci17

we lost a great actor today. unique. he always wonderfully portrayed mysterious characters that are shrouded in secrets... he was one of a kind in that regard. no wonder so many different movies/games used him for that kind of role. We will miss you :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom