• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laptop Gfx card...nVidia Geforce Go 6800 or Ati Mobility X800?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Hi guys. Well it all comes down to this..what graphics card should I put into my laptop...the Ati Mobility X800 or the nVidia GeForce Go 6800? And why?

AntoneM

going just by hardware specs the x800 mobility looks to be better than a Geforce Go 6800 basically the x800 mobility has a faster clock coupled with more ram which allows for more fill rate plus it has greater memory bandwidth. On paper the mobility x800 is faster but I haven't found any benchmarks that compare the two. Not that the Go 6800 is anything to sneeze at. I don't how fast each card will drain your batteries but I imagine that this laptop is more of a desktop replacment and will be plugged in most of the time.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
max_cool said:
I don't how fast each card will drain your batteries but I imagine that this laptop is more of a desktop replacment and will be plugged in most of the time.

Yes that is correct...

marsomega

Forget those and go for the mobility X700. Great performance and battery life.

The Bottom Line:

For the class of notebook that this is the Mobility Radeon X700 is at the top of its game. It allows the highest level of playable quality settings we have seen yet for this class of notebook. Though the gaming experience isn’t going to be as great as a desktop replacement laptop you can still have a whole lot of fun on the go gaming with this notebook.

The best part is, it is thin and light and you can literally game anywhere with it, unlike the bulkier DTR notebooks. Certainly with an ATI Mobility Radeon X700 you can experience the latest 3D games, like DOOM 3, and Half Life 2, anywhere in the world you can open your laptop.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzQ2LDk=

isamu

marsomega said:
Forget those and go for the mobility X700. Great performance and battery life.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzQ2LDk=

Hi marsomega....I know you were just trying to help and I appreciate it. But I must clarify, that I am buying a mobile DTR and not a laptop/noebook. So battery life, as well as weight are a non-issue.

isamu

max_cool said:
going just by hardware specs the x800 mobility looks to be better than a Geforce Go 6800 basically the x800 mobility has a faster clock coupled with more ram which allows for more fill rate plus it has greater memory bandwidth. On paper the mobility x800 is faster but I have found any benchmarks that compare the two. Not that the Go 6800 is anything to sneeze at. I don't how fast each card will drain your batteries but I imagine that this laptop is more of a desktop replacment and will be plugged in most of the time.

thats a good point

isamu

Bump(mainly for dark10x) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom