• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Largest fossilized spider found!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

2871559974_1ea371e9a4.jpg

You are already dead.

GhaleonEB

Pretty neat, though I was hoping it would be larger. Still, it's remarkable how little they've changed over the millions of yea-OH GOD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cranzor said:
Very cool that it was a banana spider. They make really beautiful webs.

I still hate spiders.

edit: Here's a picture of the golden silk orb-weaver, commonly referred to as a banana spider
250px-Banana_spider.jpg

Have you ever walked into a banana spider web? It's like fishing line. Really strong web that is not conducive to panic and easy fleeing.

Eh. I hate this thread. :\

Ultratech

ciD_Vain said:
Largest spider web!

worlds-largest-spider-web.jpg

This reminds of WoW over in Terrokar where you have to investigate that Spider-infested area with all the webs over everything. Didn't help that there were people trapped in that mess.

Kraftwerk said:
OH NEAT. I found a rare Mayan artifact WOO!

11.jpg

OH FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

41.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK!? That's seriously fucked up right there.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Whoa...I see a lot of spiders on my hikes. Have had a few also jump on me which startled me a bit at first, then I flick them off gently lol. Some of pics are some mutant type shit though, just dayumn.

Slayer-33 said:
Spider threads should be BANNED on neogaf fuck this shit i'm out of here this shit is ultra disgusting! lol

Lol such an overreaction. I've never really seen the problem with spiders in fact when I was little I cau--

AAAAHHHHH FUCK FUCK FUCK IS THIS WHAT MY FRIEND IN IRAQ HAS TO PUT UP WITH AHHHH

highrider

Banned
i would also like to express my dissapointment to the op for teasing me with thoughts of a prehistoric mega spider. and also share a nice pic of the funnel web spider. probably one of the most dangerous spiders.
dang_20_big.jpg

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Kraftwerk said:
OH NEAT. I found a rare Mayan artifact WOO!

http://www.geekfill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/11.jpg[IMG]

Time to Excavate it.

[IMG]http://www.geekfill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/31.jpg[/MG]

Hmm, is that a leg? what the..

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dZo8R.jpg[IMG]

OH FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

[IMG]http://www.geekfill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/41.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's a weird ass looking spider.

Cromat

I wonder if anyone still believes in God after seeing this thread...
Ugh why didn't they go extinct when the asteroid hit them.

God damn it GAF, I hate that pic of the spider with all of these eggs on it, ugh. Anyhow, I was expecting it to be some sort of man eating sized spider, I'm kinda disappointed to be honest :l

KingK

Cromat said:
I wonder if anyone still believes in God after seeing this thread...
Ugh why didn't they go extinct when the asteroid hit them.

Spiders are actually very important to maintaining a balanced ecosystem.

Nevertheless, they scare the fucking shit out of me. I don't know why I always click on these threads :(

Zeke

Spiders are awesome, thought it this was gonna be some mega spider still cool tho. I have a spider living under my window seal in the kitchen :3

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Kinitari said:
That's a weird ass looking spider.

It's part of a genus of spiders, and a type of creature who use their bodies to close their burrows. That crazy ass Mayan pattern is NATURAL.

Something is wrong with Spiders.

It's EXACTLY like an alien species came to Earth and said, "We should pretend to be insects. They are plentiful and none of the HUMANS would note that we have arrived. TO CONSUME THEIR CHEEKS."

And they pretended to be insects but fucked it up a little BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEEK EATING ALIEN MONSTERS.

ferr

FYI, scientists believe that on average there is a spider within 3 feet of you.

There very well could be one crawling down your back right now (or getting ready to, just hovering right above you getting ready to drop down).

Also there may be spiders in your bed sheets.

Edit: almost forgot about the possibility of spiders in your shoes.

Zeke

ferr said:
FYI, scientists believe that on average there is a spider within 3 feet of you.

There very well could be one crawling down your back right now (or getting ready to, just hovering right above you getting ready to drop down).

Also there may be spiders in your bed sheets.

Edit: almost forgot about the possibility of spiders in your shoes.
I always shake my shoes out because of this lol I don't mind having spiders in the house as long as they just chill on their web. You want to eat insects in my house knock yourself out. You also forgot the swallowing spiders in your sleep part :p

Used to have two of these... gorgeous spiders. It's called a Chiliean Rose Hair tarantula. They're super friendly, they'll crawl all over you and never bite. They rape the shit out of crickets, too.

4204495800_aa34dfef20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom