• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Larry David announced Curb Your Enthusiasm season 12 will be the final season. Series finale will be on April 7th.(Season premiere Feb. 14th)

DKehoe

larry-david-faints.gif

ssringo

I watched the pilot years ago and thought it was awful.

Later I discovered pilots aren't necessarily good or worth watching (at least not as a start) and gave the show another chance. Quite like it!

RavageX

Later I discovered pilots aren't necessarily good or worth watching (at least not as a start) and gave the show another chance. Quite like it!
I've never seen this show, but often for me a pilot NEVER hooks me. Sometimes a series doesn't get me 100% on board till season 2 or 3.

A lot of shows don't make it that far these days.

Denton

It will be only the last season until Larry decides he wants to do more.

Anyway, what a legendary god damn show.

Based on the Seinfeld comments, i bet is somehow ends with the Curb cast and the Seinfeld cast. It would be funny if the Curb cast ended up in a jail cell next to the Seinfeld cast.

natjjohn

what are you calling the pilot? The mockumentary with him prepping for a stand up show or the pants tent episode which was season 1 episode 1.

i think both are great but was just curious

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I stopped watching when Cheryl left... she was generally the best part of the show for me, and their dynamic.

(EDIT: I know she still often appears in episodes, but I just kind of lost interest with the separation of their characters and transition to ex-wife. Larry is better when reigned in.)

Last edited:

ssringo

what are you calling the pilot? The mockumentary with him prepping for a stand up show or the pants tent episode which was season 1 episode 1.

i think both are great but was just curious
It's him pitching the show. Thought it was a pilot but wiki says it's a special? Either way it didn't do it for me but the pants tent was great and hooked me in. Suppose I should give the special another shot. Tastes change or maybe I just didn't "get it" at the time.

Last edited:

Drake

I wonder if he's gonna kill off the fictional version of himself. That's been rumor of how the series will end since the early days of Curb.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Was this one of those shows from 23 years ago with the fake shaky/unsteady camera?
Never got in to it.
I wonder if those FTX SuperBowl promos worked out for him...

ahtlas7

I got a few laughs in when the show first started all those years ago but damn-hell I could never relate to those characters. But yes, for Mr. David to sunset two successful shows is remarkable.

ahtlas7

I wonder if this show ending could give credence to the rumor of Seinfeld returning. Getting the old gang back including Larry as producer, writer, and perhaps an actual character would be awesome.

AJUMP23

THe Spite store season might be my favorite. A hilarious show. all the people are terrible except JB Smooth.

Jsisto

Anyone been watching? Hate to say it, but this is probably the worst season by far. The jokes just don’t hit and seem really forced in this one. Am I just becoming really jaded or does anyone else feel this way?

Billbofet

Anyone been watching? Hate to say it, but this is probably the worst season by far. The jokes just don’t hit and seem really forced in this one. Am I just becoming really jaded or does anyone else feel this way?
So glad to know I am not alone. This season sucks ass. I think it's to the point that he is so utterly unlikeable and every single episode plays out the same, you can see the ending five minutes in. The Sienna Miller fruit thing was kinda the straw on the camel's back for me. Don't know that I will finish, but maybe the finale.

Yes , I haven’t watched it yet. I heard though, their jokes are mostly thin and not as funny. I also read, it appears some of the actors “hearts” don’t seem to be into this season.

I do think the finale has something to do with Seinfeld though, which will be interesting

Last edited:

Jsisto

The last episode in particular was absolutely terrible. The humor in curb has always been fairly repetitious, but the situations Larry finds himself in have always been somewhat believable given how he treats people which makes it funny. There’s nothing remotely believable about a guy Larry never met finding out where he lives and coming to his house to yell at him about not responding to a text Message group he was added to. The “nightmare con” is also one of the worst recurring jokes that no suspension of disbelief can make even remotely funny. This was the worst episode of the entire show. I didn’t laugh once.

Last edited:

Drake

I was just thinking about this show this morning. I didn't even realize that the new season started and I see that its almost over. Maybe I'll tune into the finale just to see how it ends. I still think they're gonna kill him off.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I think it's been pretty great. Totally disagree. I thought the most recent episode was clever as hell too. The text chain thing at the end in the credits and the dream con idea was great. I've absolutely loved this season. Not in my top 5 Curb seasons, but I like it a lot.

Drake

Last episode tonight. I haven't watched any episodes this season, but I'll tune into this one. I've heard the season has been pretty bad though.

Jsisto

Last episode tonight. I haven't watched any episodes this season, but I'll tune into this one. I've heard the season has been pretty bad though.
Hope it’s a great ending! Regardless, what an amazing run this show has had.

KaiserBecks

I stopped watching when Cheryl left... she was generally the best part of the show for me, and their dynamic.

(EDIT: I know she still often appears in episodes, but I just kind of lost interest with the separation of their characters and transition to ex-wife. Larry is better when reigned in.)
It's been a while since I've seen the show, but isn't that before Leon moved in? I never cared for Cheryl but I think Leon put the show on another level.

Drake

Finale wasn't bad. Basically a rehash of the Seinfeld finale. The episode name "No Lessons Learned" is fitting though.

Last edited:
Finale was enjoyable enough! I do love that Larry doubled down on the Seinfeld finale with the trial and all the guest actors appearing. IRL, he enjoyed the way Seinfeld ended, even though everyone around him disliked it. Not the biggest Curb fan the past few seasons, too zany. Seasons 1-8 are incredible though. Probably my favorite sitcom of all time

bitbydeath

I tried watching some of season one and it was just downright awful. Is there a particular season I should start from where it becomes funny?

AJUMP23

I am part of the way through the finally. This season is awful, and I am glad it is ending. A show that really had no politics has become obsessed with it.

Top Bottom