• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Gens we were shouting "media bias" at gaming journalism while gaming youtubers were unbiased. Now the roles has reversed.

JordiENP

Angry Joe unbiased? That guy has the biggest grudge against Nintendo and exaggerated every situation just to hate on Nintendo, all because they took down one of his videos years ago. I don't even think he reviews Nintendo games.

Let's talk about Colin Moriarty, also biased as hell and hates Nintendo and Microsoft since his IGN days. He even wrote a hit article against the 3DS. Now he's free and He criticizes Sony in a superficial way just to say he's fair.
There's also a bunch of YouTubers that think Nintendo are saints like GameXplain for example.

I can keep going but I think you get it.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I thought that this was basically forever. I mean, a lot of people were paid by Microsoft in late 2000s. There's the Jeff Gerstmann thing that got him fired literally because of not following the biased thing

Not sure about Sony or Nintendo thou... at least back in the day. I recent times we can see Sony as the bad guy, so

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
yachi-hitoka-blinking.gif

Did this guy just shill Digital Foundry..............................on NeoGAF?

Shut0wen

We were crying last two Gen about big gaming sites gaming journalist were allegedly making paid previews, hyping up games for publishers and making "good reviews" to game never beat or played.

YouTube gaming influencers at the time, guys like ANGRY JOE (he's the only one that comes to mind) were looked as the saving face of unbiased, "tell us what it is" gaming opinions.

Now gaming Influencers are flown out, logde and dine with CEOs and publish in droves (and if you have a big enough following get monetary intentive to get your attention) to promote games not even finished... Or worst still in Alpha testing.

Of course many see it as a form of income and liviehood and willing to promote games to their followers regardless of the state of the game itself.

Whereas big Gaming journalist like Digital foundry has kept our pocket full when a game is in a bad release or bug, gaming social media influencer lie about games the game they reacted to for a quick buck.
Because alot of journos now go to preview events for the day and leave while youtubers stay for atleast 3 days while taken all the benefits, honestly anyone who watches these youtubers is a dumbass, best advise is just watch videos of someone doing a playthrough once a games out

Top Bottom