• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lauren Cohan (Maggie in TWD) cast as Martha Wayne in Batman v Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/22/batman-v-superman-lauren-cohan

Walking Dead star Lauren Cohan has joined the cast of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in a small role, a source confirmed to EW.

Cohan, who is perhaps best known for her performance as Maggie Greene on AMC’s hit zombie series, is set to play Martha Wayne, the mother of Ben Affleck’s Bruce Wayne. In the DC comics, Martha is a socially conscious heiress married to Dr. Thomas Wayne. Their deaths at the hands of a Gotham criminal sets young Bruce Wayne on his path to becoming the masked vigilante Batman.

That seems like a waste of talent considering what's obviously going to happen to her.

Patryn

Isn't it super late for a person to be cast in a role for this movie?

I'd assume that they either have the final cut of the film, or they're damn close to it at this point.

Penguin

I mean I get it, but cast implies recent... I assume she has been in the movie for a while now.

It just only got out this weekend... oddly enough thanks to IMDB.

Also Bruce's parents are Maggie and Negan.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
15 year age difference between her and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Was Martha really that much younger than Thomas?

I'd assume that they either have the final cut of the film, or they're damn close to it at this point.

Maybe people couldn't relate to Batman in the focus testing and they were forced to insert a Mommy dying flashback...again.

I tried to write it as a sarcastic joke but sadly seems plausible.

I'm here for Flashpoint Joker.

97198737.png

Pretty sure it's already done & filmed, which is why this 'announcement' seems so weird. You can even see her in the trailer during 'the' scene.

Probably just a case of an agent trying to pass of their D-list talent as having a big role in a summer blockbuster.

Patryn

I mean I get it, but cast implies recent... I assume she has been in the movie for a while now.

It just only got out this weekend... oddly enough thanks to IMDB.

Also Bruce's parents are Maggie and Negan.

You're probably correct that she's been in the film from the start, but it only just came out.

The wording is still odd. Makes it sound like it's a recent thing.

Shaanyboi

Banned

She was cast and filmed a long time ago. This is probably nothing more than her agent trying to get her some last minute publicity.

Well for older actresses it does. This is a form of ageism, just like Jennifer Lawrence getting the role for Joy, even though she's like 15 years younger than the role.

Or they can futz the fucking age because they're only there to get shot in the goddamn face

Lawrence got that role because Russell loves Christmas movies and getting Oscar nominations now

Get that ageism shit outta here

Boke1879

Seriously they need to do a Flashpoint Paradox. JDM would be a great Thomas Wayne in that and it would be VERY interesting to see her as that incarnation of Joker.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Seriously they need to do a Flashpoint Paradox. JDM would be a great Thomas Wayne in that and it would be VERY interesting to see her as that incarnation of Joker.

I mean that may as well be the Flash movie. It deals with his origin, it incorporates the rest of the DC universe, it's unlike anything else on their slate, and the show certainly can't be that ambitious with its scope.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Or they can futz the fucking age because they're only there to get shot in the goddamn face

Lawrence got that role because Russell loves Christmas movies and getting Oscar nominations now

Get that ageism shit outta here

Real mature.

Ashhong

Well for older actresses it does. This is a form of ageism, just like Jennifer Lawrence getting the role for Joy, even though she's like 15 years younger than the role.

Just when I thought I had seen all of the complaints about BvS. Now they are ageist. Give me a break. It's like a one minute role

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Just when I thought I had seen all of the complaints about BvS. Now they are ageist. Give me a break. It's like a one minute role

I'm going to stop arguing after this point, as you guys are right that this isn't the place to talk about it.

A one minute role for one of the biggest movies of the year is an important credit to any actor's resume, when trying to get relevance. Adds to their resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom