• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lawyer involved with Pokémon, Halo series slams anti-woke gamers, says his job was to purge them

Purge, I like that word. It seems fitting for what we'll be witnessing in the gaming industry in the coming years, but it will not be to this guy's liking.

Last edited:
Given the state of mind of many people working in the entertainment industry (or in any industry) HR pros need to give some proper explanations. I would never hire somebody who posts cringe stuff on social media. The same applies to the blue-haired folk, you don't see those profiles and think there's a genius hidden behind their unhinged bios. Why companies don't do a basic check is beyond me.

Given the state of mind of many people working in the entertainment industry (or in any industry) HR pros need to give some proper explanations. I would never hire somebody who posts cringe stuff on social media. The same applies to the blue-haired folk, you don't see those profiles and think there's a genius hidden behind their unhinged bios. Why companies don't do a basic check is beyond me.

The need to secure big investments for AAA titles, which means having to meet ESG/DEI quotas was the highest priority.

Boss Mog

Honestly, gamers who don't like woke politics in their games should file a class action lawsuit against this asshole for defamation. He called all of us sexist and racist with no basis, just how I could call him a pedo cause he looks like one but I wouldn't because I have no real basis to do so.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Honestly, gamers who don't like woke politics in their games should file a class action lawsuit against this asshole for defamation. He called all of us sexist and racist with no basis, just how I could call him a pedo cause he looks like one but I wouldn't because I have no real basis to do so.
Wasn't he a nintendo lawyer? A lawsuit is just give him the kicks

mdkirby

Shitty person calls people he disagrees with shitty and discriminatory, and then proudly admits to a discriminatory exclusion campaign against them...well, this is all lovely and going to makes peoples lives and/or gaming better isn't it. Sometimes I wish people on both sides of this could hold up a mirror and actually spend some time pondering what is reflected back. 🤦‍♂️

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
SBI is the death of the games they work on. Our responsibility is for consumers to know when they work on those games, and make an informed decision on where they are spending their money.

A shit company deserve to lose business, we are just letting the invisible hand of the free market to do their thing. SBI don't need to be Satan; they just need to be crappy and useless.

But that isn't the invisible hand of the free market. It's literally the EXACT opposite actually. And it's your and others right to force Sweet Baby Inc. out of the video game industry if you like. But lets not lie to ourselves and others to act as if open boycotts are just the "invisible hand of the free market".

mckmas8808

The need to secure big investments for AAA titles, which means having to meet ESG/DEI quotas was the highest priority.

This is a PURE LIE! A $200 million game and you want us gamers to believe ESG and divesity were these games' highest priority. 100% cap and you know it. Spiderman 2 got the Puerto Rico flag wrong in the game, so clearly it wasn't their "HIGHEST" priority.

This is a PURE LIE! A $200 million game and you want us gamers to believe ESG and divesity were these games' highest priority. 100% cap and you know it. Spiderman 2 got the Puerto Rico flag wrong in the game, so clearly it wasn't their "HIGHEST" priority.
It's based on the recent Grummz tweet, which to me at least, seems very plausible and thrutful. Maybe I worded it wrong:

The reason is that their values are fake so they don't bother with the accuracy of things they claim to promote. To them, people who speak Spanish, even European Spaniards, are all different sorts of Mexicans, so they confuse cultures, flags, currencies, dialects, etc. The same with ancient South American tribes and ethnicities like Aztecs, Mayans, etc. They are all "native Indians". In cinema, this happens all the time.

When they say "diversity" they mean homogeneity within the narrow limits of their ignorance.

mckmas8808

It's based on the recent Grummz tweet, which to me at least, seems very plausible and thrutful. Maybe I worded it wrong:

Thank you for showing me the "WHY" people believe this. I have many issues with what that person stated that's reposted on Twitter. We are all supposed to believe that these companies (Sony, Microsoft, EA, etc) don't have the personal money to fund their games, therefore they go to "investors" to get the funding. And ESG funding for some odd reason seems to rule the day.

I'm supposed to believe literally nobody on Earth has money to fund a $200 million but people that just so happen to push DEI on companies, in exchange for funds? Like, come on man! This dude must think we are Eskimos and he's trying to sell us ice; thinking we're all stupid.

Plus what game cost $600 million to make? What is he talking about?

iHaunter

gNvQlpT.png

Just another unfortunate looking American soy boy.
Cold dead eyes... like a dolls eyes.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

Read that as Class action lawsuit against his asshole.

Hahahahahagahagahahahaha

Carry on.

The vast majority of gamers are guys like me, with tastes like me, drive us out and all you do is lose yourself money.

When are these clowns going to get this through their thick skulls? This is not an audience that likes the Woke Commie Marxist bullshit, it's not what rakes in the bucks, fuck off already.

Last edited:
Top Bottom