• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends All-Stars Event 2015

zkylon

zkylewd
80uFVkK.jpg

Time for a bit of a breather from raging about having to change our masteries every two weeks and disappointing Syndra skins, it's All-Stars 2015!

With MSI's debut as the actually serious non-Worlds Rito tournament, All-Stars this year is gonna be all about fun, silliness and fanservice. If the URF matches are anything to go by, the cringe and the hilarity will be strong in this one, so i'm already excited. At the very least we'll get to vote on the color of a Teemo skin! Or something..

Let's get to it!

I30zVVA.png

Through Nov. 10-13th ASE will feature community-voted players from all the big regions battling it out for points in 5v5s, "fun modes" and 1v1s. The regions will be split into two groups, with Southeast Asia, Korea and NA making up Team Notice us Faker Senpai Fire and China, EU and Wild Card playing for Team Well, fuck Ice. The team with the most points at the end of the tournament wins fancy trophies for their players and gets an IP boost for the regions it represents. No money, no RP, League is already ded. This continues the very worrying trend of Dota 2 having the richest pros and thus being one step closer to fulfilling the prophecy of becoming the #1 moba that maybe someone in Korea will actually play.

So, about those modes...

Regional Tournament (100 points per win, 300 for winning the finals)
  • Each regional team from Team Ice will play each regional team from Team Fire once
  • The #1 regional team from Ice and Fire move onto bo3 finals
  • Standard League
Fun Modes
  • Pick 10 (50 points per win): LPL vs LCK teams, fan voted champions, standard League rules
  • Marksman ADC Mode (50 points per win): only ADCs, Blind Pick, no tank items allowed.
  • Assassin Mode (50 points per win): only assassins, Blind Pick, no tank items allowed. No Faker :<
  • One for All (50 points per win): each team pick one champion, plays 5x
  • All-Star All-Stars (200 points per win): fan voted players from each team, standard League
  • Tandem Mode (100 points per win): two players per champion, one's mouse, one's keyboard, dumbest mode
1v1 Tournament (150/50/25/25 points for 1-4th place)
  • Players will compete in a large 30-man 1v1 bracket
  • Odd seeds are Fire, even seeds are Ice
  • Played on the Howling Abyss map
  • The winner of each game is the first to get a kill, 100cs, or destroy the enemy's turret
  • The bracket is randomly generated, but all first round matches will be a Fire player vs. an Ice player

More info here

fViEOtr.png

vT9ryOz.png

NA LCS (trolliest region ever):
Dyrus (TSM / 41.6%)
Hai (Cloud 9 / 34.1%) Meteos (because reasons)
Bjergsen (TSM / 73.3%)
Doublelift (CLG / 52.8%)
Aphromoo (CLG / 39.1)

p736hNp.png

EU LCS (RIP):
Huni (Fnatic / 57.1%),
Amazing (Origen / 35.9%)
xPeke (Origen / 39.6%)
Rekkles (Fnatic / 36.6%)
KaSing (H2K / 20.3%)

NJtPnIn.png

LCK:
MaRin (SKT / 44.3%)
Score (KT / 15.8%)
Faker (SKT / 77.1%)
PraY (Koo Tigers / 37.5%)
Madlife (CJ Entus / 58.5%)

jkcboVM.png

LPL:
Koro1 (EDG / 43.1%),
Clearlove (EDG / 62.5%)
Rookie (iG / 34.6%)
Uzi (OMG / 49.3%)
PyL (LGD / 44.3%)

D6u2ZI5.png

LMS:
Ziv (ahq / 55.1%)
Karsa (Flash Wolves / 39.3%)
Toyz (Hong Kong Esports / 39.9%)
Bebe (Assassin Snipers / 43.5%)
Olleh (Hong Kong Esports / 35.2%)

SSBQsgJ.png

IWC (All players from CIS region who got first at International Wildcard All-Stars Tournament):
Smurf (Hard Random)
Dimajke (RoX)
Kira (Hard Random)
LeX (Carpe Diem)
Dimonko (Hard Random)

i6qtt0L.png

Thursday, December 10th - Start Time: 5PM PST
  • Regional 1 - EU LCS vs. NA LCS
  • Pick-10 - LCK vs. LPL
  • 1v1 (x7)
  • Regional 2 - LPL vs. LMS
  • 1v1 (x7)
  • Regional 3 - LCK vs. IWC
Friday, December 11th - Start Time: 5PM PST
  • Regional 4 - IWC vs. NA LCS
  • Marksman Mode
  • 1v1 (x4)
  • Regional 5 - EU LCS vs. LMS
  • 1v1 (x4)
  • Regional 6 - LPL vs. LCK
Saturday, December 12th - Start Time: 3PM PST
  • Regional 7 - LCK vs. EU LCS
  • One-For-All
  • 1v1 (x4)
  • Regional 8 - LMS vs. IWC
  • Assassin Mode
  • Regional 9 - NA LCS vs. LPL
Sunday, December 13th - Start Time: 3PM PST
  • All-Star All-Stars 5v5
  • 1v1 (3 Best of 3s)
  • Tandem Mode - 10v10
  • Regional 10 (Best of 3) - TBD vs. TBD

Detailed schedule here

D1Nzvi3.png

thanks to edwardo for corrections and help

i'm sorry dobs no tentacles

thanks mr stopsign for corrections

This should be pretty entertaining! Love that they are starting out with EU vs NA.

Just a quick correction with rosters for NA. Hai did win the vote, but Rush and Meteos got 2nd and 3rd (so C9 had literally the top 3 junglers in NA). C9 decided not to send either Rush or Hai so that they could prepare for the upcoming IEM tournament instead with the rest of their team. Meteos will be representing NA in the trolliest fashion.

zkylon

zkylewd
This should be pretty entertaining! Love that they are starting out with EU vs NA.

Just a quick correction with rosters for NA. Hai did win the vote, but Rush and Meteos got 2nd and 3rd (so C9 had literally the top 3 junglers in NA). C9 decided not to send either Rush or Hai so that they could prepare for the upcoming IEM tournament instead with the rest of their team. Meteos will be representing NA in the trolliest fashion.
fixed, thankss

Wowza, Faker and Bjerg will over 70% of votes.
tbh there isn't that much competition in their respective regions in their positions

zkylon

zkylewd
they both deserve it, faker obviously is the bestest of the universe

bn9yb2adoda4ijheqvqq.gif

and bjerg is easily one of the best players in the west, probably just held back by his team's need for him to shotcall as well as carry

Holy shit why are they stalling. Terrible time for everyone outside of NA and already a 20 min delay. Something must be wrong with their toasters in the studio.

Quonny

I have no idea why they didn't do this the day before Finals. It would have been a fun warm-up event before the main event.

This just seems so out of place.

kenbo

I have no idea why they didn't do this the day before Finals. It would have been a fun warm-up event before the main event.

to fill the preseason void

also someone get me a DASH-ing screenshot

ple

The idea was to spread out events through out the year better. There was typically a 2-3 month gap of content after Worlds.

Trickster

This is the first lol tournament I'm watching after having started playing the game. And this is just such a bizarre thing. When I saw all the talk about the upcoming all stars tournament, I honestly just thought that was the name of the tournament. Never thought it would be a 4 day event dedicated solely to 1v1's and fan voted all star teams.

I guess it might be fun to watch, but man, so weird lol

kenbo

This is the first lol tournament I'm watching after having started playing the game. And this is just such a bizarre thing. When I saw all the talk about the upcoming all stars tournament, I honestly just thought that was the name of the tournament. Never thought it would be a 4 day event dedicated solely to 1v1's and fan voted all star teams.

Yeah, for proper competitive, look to the coming IEM tournament

Though Cloud9 are going to smash everyone.

Grimløck;188769755 said:

suave

Definitely an odd place to jump in, as you will be just seeing all the most popular players playing. This is not going to be a typical tournament at all.

Complete shade towards Loco there.

Top Bottom