• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

23qwerty

might be feelin the alcohol a bit too much to continue with ranked in promos, 1-0 though!

oh shit new page i have to post a waifu right

hecarim_by_siakim-d5vh0q9.jpg

okay i'm 6-1 with sivir in ranked, is she freelo or something

god vlad's floating blood bubbles look so out of place pls fixo rito

23qwerty

idk i feel like it hasn't impacted my games much

playing against a diamond 5 on his main in teambuilder fun :D
not fun

Leezard

Yesterday I realized that it's possible to outsustain Soraka before her first recall as Nami.

I hope I made the Soraka player feel how it is to lane against that.

jerd

I think raka is pretty fun

Something satisfying about furiously jamming my W key while screaming at my teammates to do shit

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I think raka is pretty fun

Something satisfying about furiously jamming my W key while screaming at my teammates to do shit

In the name of our great general...

"DOOO SOMETHING YOU NINNIES!!!

killatopak

Wow. J4 support and Elise jungle is pretty damn good combination. We had them both as enemies. We won but it was so damn hard.

killatopak

Another hard fought win. The diamond dream on my first season is real.
KuGsj.gif

Edit: Wait. Lee Sin used devourer?! What's the point?

I think I've got something like an 80% winrate on J4 support. It's like Leona but with strong poke and a way bigger gapcloser.

You're absolutely right about the gap closer. The range is pretty surprising. We didn't expect it at all plus the extremely timely gank from Elise cost us the first blood.

patchday

gotta love the huge champion pool. So many champs I never see like Kenny and Yorick (the pic above reminded me hes a thing)

killatopak

Meddler said:
The Yorick rework Xelnath was experimenting with did get ice boxed. We do plan to do a full rework (Sion/Poppy level) for Yorick still at some point, at the very least that won't be happening this year though. Yorick's got some major issues, Poppy, and likely Taric, are ahead of him in the full relaunch queue at a minimum though.

In terms of class we do think juggernaut would be a good fit. Given his minion summoning theme the direction we're most likely to go is a juggernaut with strong pushing power (split push, counter push, tower sieger or some combination of the above).

Next year for their reworks and Yorick will be a jug.

patchday

That feel when LoL match finally starts and whole entire computer freezes. I rejoined like 10 mins later I think. we lost but at least I didnt feed even tho the whole entire enemy team kept chasing my Irelia around like she was a free kill. Funny how fast the game accelerates leveling when you're way behind

zkylon

zkylewd
Well this the first im ever seeing it. Why trade knock up for shenanigans?
well against a lot of mids without much mobility he can like easily dodge ur lvl 1 skillshot and get to you for a couple autos and run back

like at lvl 1 most mids are pretty bad and he has mobility and a shield so he wins trades pretty easily specially cos he can get out of ur auto range with e. i think crit runes are out of style for him since the trinity force thing but i think before that ppl use to run crit runes and sometimes you'd be crit at lvl1 after an e and that'd reaaally hurt

so yea, i love it when yasuos start q, that way i can beat the shit out of them at lvl1 and they really can't do anything

Sivir is probably gonna be a weak pick in this Vayne centered botlane meta.
i'm pretty sure vayne's gonna be nerfed by next patch. like she'll get a nerf before worlds for sure

i wish they hadn't nerfed kalista so hard, i guess she needed it but i think they could've been a bit more gentle with the w passive

Don't play Rek'Sai if tunnel vision bothers you so much~!
haha

Guys, what's the best way NOT to get tunnel vision?
what do u mean tunnel vision, like not look at the map during laning or like not rush through the enemy team to try and get enemy carries and get butchered on the way?

i'd say legit answer for the first problem would be to take away effort from somewhere else. like play easier champions that don't require much micromanaging and mechanics. keep yourself away from ori, azir, draven, cassiopeia, kogmaw, etc. probably don't play adc and play more jungle and support. mid also helps since midlane you're always like getting ganked so it makes it a good habit to keep track of enemy junglers and missing laners and stuff

for the second i don't really know, it's probably a lot more up to ur judgement in each game and teamfight. i think you should always know based on how the game's playing out and what you know about your champion and theirs if you're more useful as the person that goes kill the enemy carries or the person that just protects yours.

like if you have someone like azir and you're playing alistar maybe there's no need for you to engage and you might just want to play bodyguard for azir. but if there's no other engage on your team or you're winning and your azir is unstoppable maybe you wanna engage. or maybe you have leblanc mid and she doesn't really need that much protection so you just go in to zone out or cc the enemy carries and give leblanc the window to kill em. and also if you're like maokai and they're vayne or something and they're strong and can like deal with you then maybe just don't go at them like that and just try to catch them out of position instead

i think the rule of thumb was usually if their carries are stronger than yours you generally want to protect and you should go kill their carries if the situation is the other way around.

stuff like that, but it always varies from game to game and from situation to situation, so maybe their vayne is super fed but has like really fucked up positioning for a second and that's the go signal to jump on her like a crazy person with all your spells and flash and yay you won

also never overchase for kills is a generally good rule, just turn around for the objectives, get dragon or a turret or a buff or something

thanks for the games GAF!

d[-_-]b is a monster on TF in ARAM

I want the record to show I typed that GAF name out without copypasta and with a bottle and a half of wine on me

gg

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, we took a look at mana spent over time if chain casting and Syndra's right up there with mages like Anivia and Karthus. Buffing her mana pool seemed like a good thing to look at as a result, hence we're testing that, give her a bit more staying power in longer engagements/an extra spell per back in lane (on average). We've also got a fix in for certain cases where spheres near, but not past, max E range wouldn't get knocked back.

That might be it for 5.18, though the balance team's still got a few more days to iterate before we need to lock the patch down. Worlds stability is pretty important this patch, so we're generally going for lighter than normal changes where appropriate.
boo, this is so lame

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
well against a lot of mids without much mobility he can like easily dodge ur lvl 1 skillshot and get to you for a couple autos and run back

like at lvl 1 most mids are pretty bad and he has mobility and a shield so he wins trades pretty easily specially cos he can get out of ur auto range with e. i think crit runes are out of style for him since the trinity force thing but i think before that ppl use to run crit runes and sometimes you'd be crit at lvl1 after an e and that'd reaaally hurt

so yea, i love it when yasuos start q, that way i can beat the shit out of them at lvl1 and they really can't do anything
fuck im going veigar against him, can E against my stun can you now?

jerd

Can anyone explain the benefit of the double jungle start that's becoming really popular in high elo? Is it just because it's so much easier on the jungler? Bc it seems like it handicaps the top laner more than anything but a lot of times the top laners ask for it and stuff idk

Soraka most kills on team.
Damn ghost you shut down that gnar hard.
Edit: I am an idiot :/

How is lulu mid and top lane she seems fun to play?
Can anyone explain the benefit of the double jungle start that's becoming really popular in high elo? Is it just because it's so much easier on the jungler? Bc it seems like it handicaps the top laner more than anything but a lot of times the top laners ask for it and stuff idk
My friends and I did double jungle and lane swap and it really good. The ads and support push in the top lane then we four man tower dive top or kill the jungler at his camp. Then I tp bot lane with pots and a item and 1v2. I think double jg is good if you can get your teammates to corporate. Also your adc and support and usually take an early tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom