• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

zkylon

zkylewd
i14241737823.png

would be nice

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
oh, then i must've misclicked

let's leave it at i don't like kassadin then

no need to panic soda
I am just having a goof...I have not seen a Kassadin in like a hundred+ games recently at least.

zkylon

zkylewd
I am just having a goof...I have not seen a Kassadin in like a hundred+ games recently at least.
me neither but according to champion.gg he's 5th most picked mid and has a pretty high winrate for kassadin standards i guess

honestly i just played him cos i'm tired of playing anivia versus ahri every game

Leezard

Just spitballing, but make the chest rewards a bit better-

If Rito implemented the superior chests™ formula, they could have you get a basic chest every mastery level, maybe a special chest every 5 mastery levels. Give out a special levelling up chest per player level(Up to 30, contains things like IP boosts or characters), on top of the 4 chests you can get from S ranking(Maybe shorten the cooldown?).

Like, as someone who played a tons of HoTS, when I came back to 2.0, I got 70 basic chests, 4 veteran chests(Each one containing atleast a legendary) and like 20 epic chests.

Basically it made me go 'whoa theres more stuff to collect and I can earn shit by playing the game and not spending a dime.' (Granted I had already put hundreds of buckaroos into HoTS so I already had a ton of skins already.)

If Rito did the same, I'd be more inclined to come back and check it out. I've spent hundreds in leagues as well, but I wouldn't feel bad if newer players could get more out of the game then I did originally without spending money, either(Since I know there would be people who go 'But these new players are getting way too much compared to what I got!')
Riot could certainly give more rewards for new players without switching to hots/overwatch style chests though. There's something called 'missions' on PBE, I don't know if it's gonna give rewards to players, but I read something on reddit that indicated that they will. I'm looking for that post now.

Edit: Here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/693l6t/missions_teased_on_pbe/
From what I can see, this seems to be some kind of quest system that Riot intends to implement some time in the future. The code that powers the component allows various options such as multiple objectives, requirements and rewards of different types. The list itself does not do anything, and the 1 next to the icon does not go away (presumably it just shows the amount of missions).
Edit: Digging into this some more, it seems that the following rewards can be received:
- Summoner Icon
- Summoner Icon Shard
- Champion
- Champion Shard
- Champion Skin
- Champion Skin Shard
- Ward Skin
- Ward Skin Shard
- Hextech Key Fragment
- Hextech Key
- Hextech Chest
- IP
- Boosts
- A Bundle (?)
- Blue Essence
- Orange Essence
- Gemstones
- Other Missions
- Chaos Tokens (?)
- Order Tokens (?)
We can't be sure exactly what this will mean though.

Super glad a Yorick skin is finally coming through. I don't feel very strongly about any of the current ones and the base is not really what I'm looking for either.

I dunno if rates are different based on region but I've found the HotS chests to be extremely generous. I've gotten tons of skins and chests drop like crazy. You're also getting a full piece of content rather than bits and pieces of it, and there's nothing stopping someone from buying a skin they want with real money like they would with League. I'm glad League has what it does but because you're working in bits and pieces of stuff it can just feel really unrewarding, and the key system feels miserly. I have like 18 boxes I'm sitting on that feel like I'll just never be able to open them because key fragments are so rare and I can't even grind for them.

I'm 95% sure that you can't, for most skins. From what I could see you could only buy featured skins with real money. From what I saw that includes recently released skins + skins on sale, but I might be mistaken there and it could include more or less. If you just enter collection and go to a random hero and look at their skins you can only buy them with the "crafting currency", which you get from chests. I don't have access to my own computer right now so I can't take screenshots from the client to show it right now.

dimb

I'm 95% sure that you can't, for most skins. From what I could see you could only buy featured skins with real money. From what I saw that includes recently released skins + skins on sale, but I might be mistaken there and it could include more or less. If you just enter collection and go to a random hero and look at their skins you can only buy them with the "crafting currency", which you get from chests.
Oh wow. I did not actually realize that you were locked to the featured content with the paid currency. I kind of just don't understand. It's like they don't want people to buy things. I guess Blizzard is just investing everything in loot box systems to fund their games.

Riot could certainly give more rewards for new players without switching to hots/overwatch style chests though. There's something called 'missions' on PBE, I don't know if it's gonna give rewards to players, but I read something on reddit that indicated that they will. I'm looking for that post now.

Edit: Here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/693l6t/missions_teased_on_pbe/

We can't be sure exactly what this will mean though.

I'm 95% sure that you can't, for most skins. From what I could see you could only buy featured skins with real money. From what I saw that includes recently released skins + skins on sale, but I might be mistaken there and it could include more or less. If you just enter collection and go to a random hero and look at their skins you can only buy them with the "crafting currency", which you get from chests. I don't have access to my own computer right now so I can't take screenshots from the client to show it right now.

oooh interesting. A quest system is pretty nice.

And yeah, whilst you can't buy the skins with cash unless it's one of the featured ones, you can craft them with shards.

It seems they wanted to completely move to a loot box system but also wanted to keep a way to let people buy skins, thus the featured system.

I imagine if they started with the loot box system, it'd be different.

drawkcaB

New Sejuani is great. Unlike the teammates Riot has been giving me.

A particular shout out to the riven top who whined at the 8 min mark that I wasn't helping her after she died to Renekton at level 1, then died immediately again after teleporting in, and at the 6 min mark was down 6-3 in levels with 5 cs to her credit.

Leezard

Sejuani is looking really strong. It's hard to say how strong right now, but her E damage is bonkers.

Maokai ult is stupid good as well.

Oh wow. I did not actually realize that you were locked to the featured content with the paid currency. I kind of just don't understand. It's like they don't want people to buy things. I guess Blizzard is just investing everything in loot box systems to fund their games.

Yeah, I really dislike locking them out like that. Having featured content being buyable with paid currency makes it a little better than going full Overwatch, but I would be very opposed to a similar change for League.

dimb

Sejuani is looking really strong. It's hard to say how strong right now, but her E damage is bonkers.
Just to be clear the damage is from autoing targets Sejuani has stunned. If you use R the damage bonus will not be effected by existing timers, so it can go E -> auto passive proc -> R -> auto passive proc you get the damage bonus twice.

Leezard

Just to be clear the damage is from autoing targets Sejuani has stunned. If you use R the damage bonus will not be effect by existing timers, so it can go E -> auto passive proc -> R -> auto passive proc you get the damage bonus twice.

Yeah, I knew it was from proccing the E, I did not know she got the damage bonus from proccing her ulted target as well though. That makes it 40% max health damage + whatever other damage she deals. That's a lot of burst potential. Is point blank ults ok for that part or does it need to be empowered ult?

me neither but according to champion.gg he's 5th most picked mid and has a pretty high winrate for kassadin standards i guess

honestly i just played him cos i'm tired of playing anivia versus ahri every game
I'm starting to see some Kass bans in high ELO streams so maybe people are catching up to him

Plus Talents won't shut up about Kass, something must be up
Yeah, I knew it was from proccing the E, I did not know she got the damage bonus from proccing her ulted target as well though. That makes it 40% max health damage + whatever other damage she deals. That's a lot of burst potential. Is point blank ults ok for that part or does it need to be empowered ult?
Nah it can be point blank, her passive procs from her stuns

Leezard

It's kinda funny how Riot went "oh we're reducing Sej's damage a tad" and then "here's up to 1000ish base + 40% max HP damage with around 5 seconds of hard CC mixed in"

Yeah, I'm expecting her to become busted but maybe it's not that bad in practice. At least a lot of her damage is gone if you have cleanse/QSS.

drawkcaB

The point wasn't to reduce their damage, the point was to make applying damage not a matter of spamming spells the moment they're on cool down, giving some thought behind their use, and giving opposing players some counter play. Sion, as an example of what most players consider to be how tank's should play, is routinely among the very highest damaging tanks in the game.

That said, Sejuani is overtuned at the moment. I have a feeling the E-AA-R-AA combo is going to get stripped by putting all her stuns on the same timer or making the ult not no give the "frosted" status effect. I can see removing E's flat damage on cast and trimming the stun duration as well.

dimb

Is there a not dumb assassin? Katarina...Fizz...Leblanc...Shaco...all awful. Way too mobile.

Gurrry

After struggling to get an S rank with Sejuani before the rework, I am getting S ranks with her non stop now. I think ive gotten 7 in the past 2 days.

However, I really hate how I cant make her mastery 6 without basically giving up the things ive earned in boxes. I dont get how paying blue essence proves that I am a master at a champion.... thats a bad system.

On a separate note, there are some things that I have questions about that I havent quite understood:

1 - What are the times on jungle camps? Also, what is the difference between the grey/yellow timer icons?

2 - Is there a way to turn off AA cancelling? I like to spam click enemies in fights (bad habit, I know) and I feel like im just always cancelling and never hitting sometimes.

3 - Can I make the map smaller? Or if I move it to the left, can I move the chat to the right and make the chat smaller? Sometimes when im trying to escape in a panic, Ill accidentally click the mini map and it moves my camera off my champ.

4 - Are there any settings or options I should turn on/off for a more optimal set up?

dimb

You can flip the size of the minimap and scale the entire UI down, which sounds like what you want. Maybe just start up a custom game and mess around with settings. Regular jungle camps respawn on 1:40 timers I think.

Gurrry

You can flip the size of the minimap and scale the entire UI down, which sounds like what you want. Maybe just start up a custom game and mess around with settings. Regular jungle camps respawn on 1:40 timers I think.

ok sweet, ill check that out.

also another note about Sejuani. the icon you get for her proc is really hard to see in team fights. there is a skin that makes it orange that is sooooo much easier to see. any chance they fix that? id much prefer something like annie where you have the notification under your health bar.

dimb

ok sweet, ill check that out.

also another note about Sejuani. the icon you get for her proc is really hard to see in team fights. there is a skin that makes it orange that is sooooo much easier to see. any chance they fix that? id much prefer something like annie where you have the notification under your health bar.
It's orange on Bear Cavalry Sejuani. Think all the rest are blue but I'm not 100% sure. But yeah, it can be really hard to see at times, even when it's orange.

Gurrry

It's orange on Bear Cavalry Sejuani. Think all the rest are blue but I'm not 100% sure. But yeah, it can be really hard to see at times, even when it's orange.

yeah thats the one. i find myself spamming E until something happens in team fights cause I cant be focusing on that little 4 stack symbol with all these spells popping off on the screen, lol.

After struggling to get an S rank with Sejuani before the rework, I am getting S ranks with her non stop now. I think ive gotten 7 in the past 2 days.

However, I really hate how I cant make her mastery 6 without basically giving up the things ive earned in boxes. I dont get how paying blue essence proves that I am a master at a champion.... thats a bad system.

On a separate note, there are some things that I have questions about that I havent quite understood:

1 - What are the times on jungle camps? Also, what is the difference between the grey/yellow timer icons?

2 - Is there a way to turn off AA cancelling? I like to spam click enemies in fights (bad habit, I know) and I feel like im just always cancelling and never hitting sometimes.

3 - Can I make the map smaller? Or if I move it to the left, can I move the chat to the right and make the chat smaller? Sometimes when im trying to escape in a panic, Ill accidentally click the mini map and it moves my camera off my champ.

4 - Are there any settings or options I should turn on/off for a more optimal set up?

you can move the chat. hit enter and then click and drag it via the blue bar

drawkcaB

Regular camps are on 2:30 (150 seconds) respawn timers. The 1:40 respawn timer is from season 6. For some reason lol wiki has the correct season 7 timer for the raptors but still has incorrect timers for Gromp, Wolves, and Krugs.

JulianImp

Wow, rift herald deals so much damage to towers if left unchecked... like, the jungler can just hold onto it for an upgraded back for slightly more efficient backs, and really punish a lane upon a succesful gank by summoning the herald there.

I'm still wondering what adaptive helm ends up doing to Teemo, since it applying to his E damage from autos could be quite a big deal if your team has another mage with fast spellcasting like Ryze or Cassio (actually, wouldn't it apply to successive hits from Syndra's ult as well?).

Wow, rift herald deals so much damage to towers if left unchecked... like, the jungler can just hold onto it for an upgraded back for slightly more efficient backs, and really punish a lane upon a succesful gank by summoning the herald there.

I'm still wondering what adaptive helm ends up doing to Teemo, since it applying to his E damage from autos could be quite a big deal if your team has another mage with fast spellcasting like Ryze or Cassio (actually, wouldn't it apply to successive hits from Syndra's ult as well?).
It applies on all multihitting abilities, yes.

Just got to play Fizz for the first time in a long time. Pretty fun. Was able to get 2 Solo kills with him even though I had only played him once. Too bad my 2 kills were the only kills my team had ... good ol 15/2 wood rank normals game.

drawkcaB

why can't league have a bob ross skin

I feel like Iverns' in line for a skin like that. Make it a legendary. Instead of just waiving his hand when he groves camps, he whips out a brush and canvas and paints the monster(s) he's groving. Triggerseed make multicolored paint splashes when it pops. His ranged AA animation has him whipping the brush to flick paint on enemies. Daisy goes 100% flower child and comes out with different colours each time she spawns.

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel like Iverns' in line for a skin like that. Make it a legendary. Instead of just waiving his hand when he groves camps, he whips out a brush and canvas and paints the monster(s) he's groving. Triggerseed make multicolored paint splashes when it pops. His ranged AA animation has him whipping the brush to flick paint on enemies. Daisy goes 100% flower child and comes out with different colours each time she spawns.
yeah that'd be a good idea, specially since they set out with the intention of making a bob ross like character with inven

zkylon

zkylewd
oh wow they changed the announcer voice in las and it's absolutely terrible

wtf

can they allow us to choose our language already zzz

JulianImp

oh wow they changed the announcer voice in las and it's absolutely terrible

wtf

Guess it'll go away after the dark star event, but yeah, it really sucks. Almost reminds me of latin Nautilus as far as derpiness is concerned.

Tried playing normals with cousin today, but blind pick is just awful. First game we were ahead early and even had the enemy adc ragequit or something, but then we just stopped doing anything relevant while our mid fed Katarina and their top Yasuo managed to come back from a 0/4 kda to help kat delete all of us at once. Of course my client was slow to load, so I got support and had lots and lots of fun as Blitzcrank.

Second game we had a talon who somehow lost mid to a freaking Teemo, and our jungle Pantheon who was so ridiculously bad my cousin got better ganks toplane from our mid than from panth. Also, Talon suddenly went "sorry guys, somebody cover mid for me" and quit for like half the match, all while our already bad Panth holed up mid (read: fed Teemo even more kills despite being one of his better counters).

Both games only my cousin and I even bothered to place control wards (or even regular ones, ffs), so thay were an excersise in futility compounded by the freaking blind pick thing of getting eternally stuck in support if your client doesn't load fast enough to let you spam top/mid in chat to "win" the role before someone else takes it, and pray that all clients show players the same message order.

Finished the night playing a round of the dark star mode by myself, and I've got to say I already had my fill after a single round, and felt like it really dragged on afterwards once the initial novelty value wore off. So far, no rotating mode has ever come close to ARURF or one for all as far as sheer craziness is concerned (although I guess it'd be nicer to get a random one for all to avoid seeing the same cheesy champions being selected over and over).

So yeah, had lots of "fun" playing the game tonight... seriously, fuck blind pick being the only available mode for playing normals in las.

Top Bottom