• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

killatopak

Gold Member
='( Vi looks so fun. By mobility I meant the ability to "quickly" move around the map, but it's not a deal-breaker if a champ can't, or I'd be cutting myself off of too many peeps. It's just that I'm having a blast with Quinn, got that mobility taste in my mouth. I'll look into J4, don't know much about him and double gap closer sounds good.

Really either. I'm bronze 5 or level 19 depending on which account. People still play weird positions for champs. It's the wild west.

Rammus, Shen, Volibear and Trundle can move around pretty quick and can be used on jungle and top lane for the most part. Only Shen has the dash but the other can get pretty fast. All of them can still be super relevant until late game. Galio can be used as well. I hate playing against Galio. He's so oppressive.

Jarsonot

Rammus, Shen, Volibear and Trundle can move around pretty quick and can be used on jungle and top lane for the most part. Only Shen has the dash but the other can get pretty fast. All of them can still be super relevant until late game. Galio can be used as well. I hate playing against Galio. He's so oppressive.

I appreciate your thoughts. It takes me awhile to save up the IP so I wanna pick someone I think I'll enjoy. =) And I want to have a fairly diverse champ pool, so tank this time, methinks.

On my other account I have Tahm Kench and I like him, but don't want to double dip on this account. I have many YouTube videos to watch ahead of me.

zkylon

zkylewd
Mid Lane - Looks to be in a reasonable spot overall, so here we're targeting specific champs we think could get into the competitive pool. That means buffs to TF, Ekko, Ziggs, Xerath and potentially one or two more. We haven't seen artillery champs in pro play much for a while, Jayce excepted, so are hoping to get a bit of spot play on one or two. Buffs will be pretty light though, so that's more a hope than an expectation however.
don't really think those champions need buffs, they probably need ability reworks and other changes so that they're competitive with the rest of the roster

edit:
Lux
Light Binding (Q) cooldown lowered from 15/14/13/12/11 to 13/12.5/12/11.5/11
i'll take it

other buffs are good too, i like em

Yes! Xerath buffs!!!

They mentioned artillery champs but no mention of buffing ap kog 🤔

Why are they considering buffing ekko. He already dumb to play against.

Duskblade does feel really good on Quinn. Ditched life steal and started duskblade with the AS boots, then ghost blade, then situational.

Quinn is really fun. Haven't played in awhile and am having a great time. Pretty squishy though (the way I'm building her)

I'm working my way up to 6300IP and then going to decide on a new champ. I'm thinking either a tank, vi, or some mana less champ. Is there a fairly mobile tank?

(Also, what makes a tank a tank? Couldn't you build health/armor on anyone and be a tank?)

And yay for the weekend - LCS is back. I haven't been playing, but I watch the pros and read about league still. I think I've improved by just watching, tbh. (A LOT of room for improvement makes that possible)

You want manaless, tank, mobility, top?

buy Gnar.

drawkcaB

Once again lost with a Lux support on the opposing team. Now, I don't think Lux support is good, far from it, and we won our lane with me playing support Taric, but every. Single. Time I see Lux support my team just plays like complete garbage. It never fails. She's my anti-lucky charm.

Analytics sites say that Malzahar mid has the highest win rate in the game right now, well I'd like to salute my Malzahar mid that got complete crushed. You show 'em what's what buddy!

One the bright side, Taric's changes feel nice, but not good enough that I'd want to keep playing him regularly. I think Riot made his laning phase better, but not necessarily more interesting - I have a feeling that over time players will go from maxing E first to maxing Q first. Still a top flight teamfighter though.

Finally, I absolutely love it when Riot buffs champions that needed absolutely no buffs. Good shit. Looking forward to having this fixed in 4 months like Nunu.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Damn...junglers win rates are completely dominated by tanks.
I would not only look at win rate right now. Stuff like Kha'zix is extremely broken. Problem is that there is a set of high end junglers that just do absurd amounts of damage without even needing to look for damage oriented items. Gragas is the most extreme example of this where the hero has sustain, innate tankiness, strong damage without needing anything like Titanic Hydra, ranged clear, and a powerful CC chain. Maokai is in a fairly similar place.

drawkcaB

Yeah, just observing a complete 180 from the start of the season.

There's also the shift top from tanks to carries and bruisers. One of the big statistical truisms of LoL, regardless of the meta and regardless of how much people would want it to be otherwise, is that in solo queue team win rates jump when there's at least one tanky champion on the team. So if tanks have left top lane, then the place to put them in the comp is either in the jungle or in support. Although support is much more tank friendly than it was at the end of S6 and well into S7, they aren't dominant. But thanks to all the nerfs to champions that should have an easier time dealing with tanks in the jungle, teams that park their tank no problems.

Matchmaking in normal draft is truly broken in this game. It's fucking bullshit to be matched against premades constantly and that are on a much higher level than myself who plays solo and casual. Are there any level headed people on here that are willing to play unranked games? I usually queue support bottom lane. I play on EU West.

Newt

Matchmaking in normal draft is truly broken in this game. It's fucking bullshit to be matched against premades constantly and that are on a much higher level than myself who plays solo and casual. Are there any level headed people on here that are willing to play unranked games? I usually queue support bottom lane. I play on EU West.
Just play ranked...

zkylon

zkylewd
problem with normals is that it has a completely independent mmr so when ppl look into op.gg they get frustrated that they're matched with higher level people

i get it, but normals are more tuned around queue times than balance, and if you want a competitive game then ranked more than does the job

i sometimes get matched against challenger players and they don't really take normals seriously and those games end up being kind of dumb fun since they'll do stupid shit like thresh blitzcrank or whatever

and even when you get stomped you can try to learn from better players so it's not all a waste

in the end normal games are a casual mode and the matchmaking system does the best job it can

and if you think ranked gives you a brain aneurysm or something idk what to tell you, game's probably not doing it for you?

Newt

Shadow assassin form is worthless LOL.

28d0af21fb81c80b588b577f0e48b337.jpg

Oh lord, a 3 gig update, what did I missed so far?

EDIT: Woot , an honor window?

EDIT: So I did the support quest and told me the item would transform into something but I didnt see the change.

EDIT: Cant find the Sakura flower icon, sadness why it was removed

zkylon

zkylewd
somehow this patch fixed my champion select issues... weird

also man is xayah an obnoxious champion to play against

i really don't like her

Kalentan

Man I feel like not playing your role should be bannable on the situation that you didn't switch with someone else.

I'm not like mad or anything. It was just a normal and a guy flat out refused to play support.

I had to support in ranked and I never support but I didn't bitch about it...

Newt

Man I feel like not playing your role should be bannable on the situation that you didn't switch with someone else.

I'm not like mad or anything. It was just a normal and a guy flat out refused to play support.

It already is bannable to not play the role you were assigned.

zkylon

zkylewd
rough night, but i really like the balance of the game to the point i actually enjoy these few games i lost, ragequitters, people saying i've got autism and all lol

also is warwick really op atm? i saw him 3 times today and he looked really fucking strong

yeah, it's punisheable if they get assigned support and refuse to play the role

remember to report people for doing that kind of stuff

rough night, but i really like the balance of the game to the point i actually enjoy these few games i lost, ragequitters, people saying i've got autism and all lol

also is warwick really op atm? i saw him 3 times today and he looked really fucking strong

Warwick is in a weird spot right now, in some games he does really strong and in others he just gets demolished, depends on if they go Full Tank/Juggernaut or if they go full damage.
I see that tank WW works best since he can very easily dive in fights and get away.

EDIT: What is with people thinking that the Report system doesn't actually exist? i've had 3 games in a row where someone thinks that they can get away with being toxic because the "System can't see me"

Newt

Warwick is in a weird spot right now, in some games he does really strong and in others he just gets demolished, depends on if they go Full Tank/Juggernaut or if they go full damage.
I see that tank WW works best since he can very easily dive in fights and get away.

EDIT: What is with people thinking that the Report system doesn't actually exist? i've had 3 games in a row where someone thinks that they can get away with being toxic because the "System can't see me"
It's very likely for you get banned for flaming and verbal abuse.

It's very unlikely for you to get banned for ingame actions such as intentionally feeding, unless it's something you do every game.

zkylon

zkylewd
he feels real strong, like he does a lot of dmg and is really hard to kill or kite

i like new warwick so i hope he doesn't become too op to the point i start seeing him every game

idk, i'm willing to bet most cases of "ppl getting away with it"are because of ppl not reporting properly (that aren't taking champion select hostage, cos that's something you can't report yet cos ppl tend to dodge out of those)

overall i think riot should do a better job at letting you report people (as in, allowing you to report ppl in ur last game if you closed the lobby, or allowing you to report ppl if u dodged) and giving you feedback of how successful your reports are, tho that's a thin line to walk cos lack of feedback feels like the system failed to punish people

but yeah, ppl fooling themselves that they're not gonna get banned feel extra delicious when you report them, cos it means they'll keep doing it and they'll get banned for sure

It's very likely for you get banned for flaming and verbal abuse.

It's very unlikely for you to get banned for ingame actions such as intentionally feeding, unless it's something you do every game.
thing is, escalating punishments means most people get warned before they get banned and most ppl probably stop there

like people intentionally feeding cos they had a really bad streak or they had a bad day at the office generally have those issues solved by the next time they play, so they don't really need banning

like it'd feel sweet if ppl got banned for feeding once but that's asking the tribunal to be 100% precise when people are intentionally feeding or not and i had a friend of mine go 0-11-2 today and you know, he had a terrible game but he wasn't inting and if he gets (probably rightfully) reported he should still get a chance or two to play normal (sadly my friend had a REALLY bad day today and his next two games were kinda the same haha)

dimb

WW is just pub stomp. That's all. Cho'gath is probably the next jungler to consider banning out.

Kalentan

Man in such a win-lose cycle in ranked at the moment. I don't go anywhere cause I keep going up then down then up then down.

Man why did we have to have a Talon jungle? Is that a thing? I'm like 99.999999% sure it's not.

zkylon

zkylewd
WW is just pub stomp. That's all. Cho'gath is probably the next jungler to consider banning out.
was gonna go like wth you talking about but goes to show how unreliable champion.gg has become

44AxoQV.png

(i clicked on jungle on champion.gg, ignore that it says top)

drawkcaB

Played a jungle Trundle game last night. I already hate the removal of vision from spire. Lost two kills to that in a single match, what a load of bullshit. Also, not going to be adding Trundle to my pool. I seem to like the idea of playing Trundle more than I actually like playing Trundle because I keep trying every few months. Still trying out Maokai some more...I should really try new Cho too.

champion.gg is still using 7.13 stats afaik.

Yep.

They were actually getting better recently at providing timely updates after patches but the pat few they've slacked off again.

Another thing to note is that even lolalytics.com isn't accurate in the days following a patch either. Their win rates use an average of the past 7 days, so in the days immediately following the release of a patch you need to look at the "win rate over past 7 days graph" to get an idea of how buffs/nerfs affect any given champion.

What I'm really trying to say is that Cho'Gath's 55% win rate is still taking into account 3 days of his old, pre-rework kit. His actual win rate will settle somewhere around 59% (holy fucking shit).

zkylon

zkylewd
champion.gg is still using 7.13 stats afaik.
oh so then these buffs just really broke him

weird

Yep.

They were actually getting better recently at providing timely updates after patches but the pat few they've slacked off again.

Another thing to note is that even lolalytics.com isn't accurate in the days following a patch either. Their win rates use an average of the past 7 days, so in the days immediately following the release of a patch you need to look at the "win rate over past 7 days graph" to get an idea of how buffs/nerfs affect any given champion.

What I'm really trying to say is that Cho'Gath's 55% win rate is still taking into account 3 days of his old, pre-rework kit. His actual win rate will settle somewhere around 59% (holy fucking shit).
nah they probably don't use pre-patch winrates

that wouldn't make much sense

dimb

oh so then these buffs just really broke him

weird
Is it weird? I read the changes and they are just an insane buff. In the past Cho autos did not really mean anything even with E. On a four second cooldown it will almost always be up since it works for the next three autos, it gets a wild max HP damage modifier that scales with feast stacks, a 50% AoE slow, and even if it decays it does not really matter when you are reapplying with every auto. Now Cho is a super tank with crazy burst that also has no downtime because he can get in and auto for mega damage/CC.

Yeah, Cho's biggest issue was that his damage while crazy was unreliable

So here's a slow so that you can't miss Q anymore and % damage on top of it for good measure.

drawkcaB

Just from fooling around in customs, yeah the %damage from E is great, but the added slow and how it sets up Rupture is really underappreciated. Not really sure if it's something I'd want to try out in a real match though. His mini rework didn't change the fundamental way Cho jungles, they just boosted the living hell out of it.

So when's my busted Nautilus mini rework coming out?

that wouldn't make much sense

They absolutely 100% do, just whip out a calculator. I'm not guessing here, it's all there for anyone to figure out. That's how they're able to provide data without having to wait a few days after a patch like op.gg or champion.gg, otherwise the sample set is too small.

zkylon

zkylewd
league_of_legend_zyra_fanart2_by_drogod-dbghv03.jpg

Is it weird? I read the changes and they are just an insane buff. In the past Cho autos did not really mean anything even with E. On a four second cooldown it will almost always be up since it works for the next three autos, it gets a wild max HP damage modifier that scales with feast stacks, a 50% AoE slow, and even if it decays it does not really matter when you are reapplying with every auto. Now Cho is a super tank with crazy burst that also has no downtime because he can get in and auto for mega damage/CC.

idk jumping from worst winrate to best in one patch does feel surprising to me, at a glance it didn't seem like his buffs would be that broken

Top Bottom