• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

JulianImp

Finally got a honor capsule, and it was a Garen shard and two keys... oh well, hopefully I'll have better luck next time.

Attaching a screenshot because it looks like there's an error in the text parsing/localization for the keys and I don't really know where to post it, but since we've got some rioters in the thread I figured I might as well share it here.

These new key shards mean I now have 8 1/3 completed keys collecting dust, so... yay?

zkylon

zkylewd
R7GzHc6.png

(^:

i dont even play twitch

that's pretty good luck

also you just got outed as a lux fan

:3

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
that's pretty good luck

also you just got outed as a lux fan

:3

?

It's not a secret that I have mained lux for ages, she has lasers and touhou references. That's cool in my book.

Would not bang but she's not aggressively unappealing like Ahri and such (^:

zkylon

zkylewd
was inspecting the esports page while making the worlds ot and found rito has an interesting naming convention for their avatars

BH1mllF.png

50 zkypoints to whoever guess which champion hipster69 is

Just read the comic.

Funny that the REVERED INVENTOR and founder of the esteemed YORDLE Academy of Science & Progress (something that Piltover would have to approve of) would need to use glamour powder to mingle with the city that happen to house a large population of YORDLES.

oh wait you said skin shards

that... i don't know

champion shards 100% you should disenchant but idk about skin shards

sorry

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

duppolo

i cant understand voting. some game i feel i was pretty good with kled and i got b+, some others was meh and i got a+. aslo, with ww always s or a..

JulianImp

that... i don't know

sorry

Didn't Costy say the amount of essence you'd get for disenchanting skin shards was also going down?

i cant understand voting. some game i feel i was pretty good with kled and i got b+, some others was meh and i got a+. aslo, with ww always s or a..

AFAIK, it compares several metrics with other people playing that same champion and role in your region (vision, objectives, cs, kda, whatever), and assigns you a score based on that. It's basically a "you performed worse/on par/better than the average <champion> player in your region" score.

duppolo

understood, thanks. so apperantly i love kled, but im better with many others. If i love kled, what other champions you think i could like?
also: once i take the box for s with one hero i never ever can take another one, or one day i will?

JulianImp

understood, thanks. so apperantly i love kled, but im better with many others. If i love kled, what other champions you think i could like?
also: once i take the box for s with one hero i never ever can take another one, or one day i will?

You get a single box drop per champion per season, with seasons lasting for a whole year. It's basically th reason I'm sitting on so many unused keys, since the pool of champions I can perform well enough with to get an S on is pretty limited, and I don't play with large premades either, so I can't get boxes from somebody else on my team getting an S, either.

You know, I totally could have sworn you didn't need to be in a premade to get chests if your teammate got an S. Back then, key/chests were kinda equal but now I'm sitting on so many keys.

You know, I totally could have sworn you didn't need to be in a premade to get chests if your teammate got an S. Back then, key/chests were kinda equal but now I'm sitting on so many keys.

I think that's the way it's always been. Also I'm jealous of some of you guys that are sitting on a ton of keys and not chests. I have like 10 chests and not enough keys (probably because I don't play consistently).

zkylon

zkylewd
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
sorry

Didn't Costy say the amount of essence you'd get for disenchanting skin shards was also going down?

can't remember -__-

it's always been like that bumbo

Hero

Anyone here good at 3s? I've previously placed in high Gold in previous seasons but my crew I usually play with quit the game, would really like to get Gold for the Ashe skin before the season ends!

Leezard

that... i don't know

sorry

I remember a quote that said that skin shards will reward less essence after the change. I disenchanted my skin shards too. I don't think the quote was from Costy, it was from one of the big Riot articles that talked about it.

Newt

Anyone here good at 3s? I've previously placed in high Gold in previous seasons but my crew I usually play with quit the game, would really like to get Gold for the Ashe skin before the season ends!
I'm diamond 3 in SR, down to help you get gold in 3s.

https://discord.gg/NUHT44Y

Just join the discord, I'm sure we can find one more thats interested.

Oh I should mention that I'm NA, my EUW account is like level 5.

I remember a quote that said that skin shards will reward less essence after the change. I disenchanted my skin shards too. I don't think the quote was from Costy, it was from one of the big Riot articles that talked about it.

I wanna say thay too

Is k zky

Most of those skin shards sucked

I had project yi and yasuo shards

drawkcaB

That ardent change on PBE seems like a real hornet's nest...

(For those at work, apparently triggering ardent's passive on an ally also triggers it on yourself)

I mean, Ivern is going to love the shit out of this, but all these ardent changes in the PBE seem like buffs.

zkylon

zkylewd
That ardent change on PBE seems like a real hornet's nest...

(For those at work, apparently triggering ardent's passive on an ally also triggers it on yourself)

I mean, Ivern is going to love the shit out of this, but all these ardent changes in the PBE seem like buffs.

i think the way riot sees ardent censer is that what's bad about it is that it's giving scaling champions a way to circunvent their early and mid game weaknesses

by making the buff scale with levels they address that issue somewhat and i think giving the buff to the support as well makes the item a bit more interesting for the person buying it instead of feeling like a stat buff bot

not sure if that way of seeing it is correct but that's the impression i get

drawkcaB

i think the way riot sees ardent censer is that what's bad about it is that it's giving scaling champions a way to circunvent their early and mid game weaknesses

by making the buff scale with levels they address that issue somewhat and i think giving the buff to the support as well makes the item a bit more interesting for the person buying it instead of feeling like a stat buff bot

not sure if that way of seeing it is correct but that's the impression i get

I have no issue with the level scaling other than that's how it used to be, so this back and forth is odd.

Rather I can see certain supports getting so much mileage out of ardent's new passive than others that it has a knock-on effect of warping per champ balance.

I really don't see how that is a buff. What makes Ardent bullshit is giving a mini Bork for ADCs, I certainly won't be scared of champions with shit AS scaling getting a mini Wits end.

NomMvDS.png

did zyklon pick the skins for my NA custom shop

edit: here's my euw stuff as well

oZSeyps.png

anything good?

If I wasn't under the impression that you probably have and prefer the Sunken thresh skin, I'd say championship is pretty good. Also the galio skin looks decent in the splash but no idea what it looks like in game.

Tizoc

My brother got firey wukong and mecha malphite

Only one of interest on my account is count susan but i would much rather have infernal :/

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Problem with Galio skins is, none seem to fix his dumb face. For that low price though, I'll probably ask Rito to honor the discount.

If I wasn't under the impression that you probably have and prefer the Sunken thresh skin, I'd say championship is pretty good.
100% correct on all fronts.

Top Bottom