• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

TheFlow

Banned
I also play almost exclusively Nami whenever I get support, but I'm having much more fun trying to figure toplane out rather than just spamming support and going with Nami forever and ever, even though I'm obviously losing more often when I go top because there're way too many game fundamentals that I still lack due to having played support only for far too long (mostly related to wave management and knowing when to pressure and when to play more cautiously in a solo lane).

It's also a pain that there're two kinds of games for me when I go top: Those where my jungler does visit toplane every now and then to tip lane further into my favor when I'm doing okay or helping take some pressure off of me when I'm having a rough time, and those were they forsake me, meaning I sink or swim based on the 1v1 (and whether the enemy jungler does show up in toplane or not).

The best thing from going top is that by doing that we usually have two control wards out there (the support's and mine), as opposed to when I play support and the only pink we have in the map at any given time tends to be mine. People refusing to purchase even a single ward every now and then is a real pain, because Bronze games often devolve into late-game objectives, and getting those reliably requires at least some vision control.

yep vision is key. lot of people love to chase in bronze. I also grew out the nami one trick phase. I wanted to branch out. sure it got me demoted to S5 but it is exp.

zkylon

zkylewd
EApKy5X.gif

apparently rito will temporarly recycle some idle animations for recalls on champions that previously didn't have one

interesting, it's better than nothing, tho not too big of a difference for me since the good skins come with custom recalls so like i already see ones on ori and lux or whatever already

JulianImp

Still, my main gripe with playing LoL is that I feel like I have to put up with not actually having fun while playing when I'm looking to git gud. Reliably catching people with my Nami bubbles nowadays is rewarding and all, but I was getting bored of only using her, all while I continue to suck at map awareness and noticing opportunities for me to go and help out at other lanes (which I often fail to do even when I go top).

One of the worse parts is that playing by yourself is often a pain with how people can be singing praises about my Nami one game, only for them to be spamming "gg bot" the next, since it further confuses my perception of whether I happen to be the one doing stuff right or am just being carried by somebody else playing well in spite of my misplays. Sometimes I can see it clearly that my suicidal adc didn't help us at all or that I was miscalculating the threat level of certain enemy plays, but my perception of the game is still often limited to the lane I'm in, and I don't think I'll be getting that much better at it for a while since it is pretty hard to stay focused on the fast-paced action that's on my game screen while also being aware of how things are going elsewere through the minimap.

Maybe I should help my cousin level up his account so that he can join me in bronze or something, because I definitely feel like things would be more fun if I wasn't going through all this by myself (while zky does help, the gap in skill between the two of us is enough that I can get most of his tips in theory, but putting them into practice is quite hard to do).

TheFlow

Banned
Still, my main gripe with playing LoL is that I feel like I have to put up with not actually having fun while playing when I'm looking to git gud. Reliably catching people with my Nami bubbles nowadays is rewarding and all, but I was getting bored of only using her, all while I continue to suck at map awareness and noticing opportunities for me to go and help out at other lanes (which I often fail to do even when I go top).

One of the worse parts is that playing by yourself is often a pain with how people can be singing praises about my Nami one game, only for them to be spamming "gg bot" the next, since it further confuses my perception of whether I happen to be the one doing stuff right or am just being carried by somebody else playing well in spite of my misplays. Sometimes I can see it clearly that my suicidal adc didn't help us at all or that I was miscalculating the threat level of certain enemy plays, but my perception of the game is still often limited to the lane I'm in, and I don't think I'll be getting that much better at it for a while since it is pretty hard to stay focused on the fast-paced action that's on my game screen while also being aware of how things are going elsewere through the minimap.

Maybe I should help my cousin level up his account so that he can join me in bronze or something, because I definitely feel like things would be more fun if I wasn't going through all this by myself (while zky does help, the gap in skill between the two of us is enough that I can get most of his tips in theory, but putting them into practice is quite hard to do).
link your op.gg profile

A Trynda absolutely wrecked my Yorick less than a week ago. He stood back and kept running away from my Ws and ghouls, but then would always kill me when he decided to all-in. My jungler not even showing up by toplane really hurt my chances, and once he got to level six I just couldn't get anywhere near him in fear of getting DPSed to death long before his ult was over.

Instant-use invulnerabilities like his or Kayle's feel downright awful to play against because it turns the dps vs dps numbers on their head with a clunky "yeah, this guy ignores your damage for X seconds" factor that is awfully hard to gauge for me. At least Taric's requires timing it properly, and Kindred's allows the enemies to stay inside the ult range to avoid dying as well, so those two don't actually feel as absurd as instant "nope, I won't die" abilities.
Yeah, their ults and kits are complete bullshit and toxic to play against. I assume that's why at least Kayle is getting a rework.

For Trynda there's actually a fairly large pool of champs that shit on him though.

Rammus is said to be a hard counter. Neacy (well known LoL streamer/ youtuber and GP/ Trynda main) says there's nothing you can do to a Quinn and I have to agree. He has one gap closer and no hard CC so getting ontop of a Quinn is just gonna be hard.

Personally I play TK into him or I feel like dodging. Both are are AA based but TK is gonna build tank and building tank makes his AA stronger. On the other hand. He has a slow, a stun, a suppression, a "nope" shield, can eat him when he ults or before he knows he needs to ult and his ult allows him to get back to lane faster. TK can 1v1 a lot of bs champs if played right. Played him into a Kayle and got FB because she didn't respect the W. Shat on her all lane because I guess it's kinda hard to abuse the range advantage when TK has ranged harass and slow built into his Q/W.
Thinking WW top might be good into him for the same reasons.

As for the Jayce talk ... he's so strange. i can't think of one naturally bad match up for him. He seems like he's designed to just not have bad match ups, only bad players who play him poorly.

JulianImp

Bruh start playing tanks supports. Leo and naut are frelelo.

Also play tons of singed. Bronze players love to chase and he can easily distract teams.

But honestly watching videos and pros is how I quickly got out of bronze

I'm not really into tank supports. Outside of craptastic games as Nami, I can consistently do much better on her than on any other support champion by far. I'm also awfully biased towards ranged AA champions, maybe because it lets me be on more even footing with adcs and other ranged supports, which means that I can poke with AAs more as opposed to relying on walking in or landing skillshots with melee champs such as Naut.

I enjoy the feeling of zoning them out of cs with a tank, but I feel like I can consistently do that as Nami now, all while being infinitely safer due to my larger attack range.

Pro videos are cool and I watch the map really often there as well, but then I get to my games and I just can't find the right time to glance at it unless I'm not actually doing anything (ie: recalling, dead). Also, bronze is really weird in that many games go long due to teams not knowing the proper way to prioritize objectives, so it isn't as much about small incremental advantages as it is about some player doing stuff absolutely out of line such as chasing enemies across the map, overstaying after taking objectives, being the frontline as a squishy adc, focusing on that juicy 9000/9000HP Cho while Ez tears them a new one or attempting to do baron when there's no vision control, no enemies dead or visible in the minimap and their team is all below 50% HP. Even better is that many games can even be won after those ridiculous throws as the enemy team goes on to do a throw of their own, such as falling back and allowing inhibitors to regenerate without anything to show for it, or that there might be another throw. Teams can randomly ace or get aced at every turn because everyone of us still has piss-poor decission-making skills.

Like, I just played one game were we were 7K gold and nine kills behind at one time, with Twitch and I doing awfully botlane early on, losing most of our base and three dragons due to being stuck defending, but then Garen and Cass got things together, I switched over to supporting for them for the most part and we ended up turning the game around despite having a comp with no initiation (our team was Garen, Evelyn, Cass, Twitch and Nami). I think the win was mostly due to the enemy team being disorganized to the point they'd end up focusing all their skills on Garen (who only got tankier as he got more and more fed) while we used our skills on the people who mattered (ie: bubbling Rengar up as he pounced on one of our squishies).

I might try playing Singed eventually, but I feel like my team rarely understands the advantage of having two or more people chasing after a guy who just strolls across the map while spamming the laugh command. Bronze being so much about abyssmal misplays also means that I can splitpush all I want, but my team is still as likely to get themselves aced in a 4v3 as they are in a 5v5. I mean, people are often quick to flame me when I pick Teemo, so I can't help but shudder at what they'd think about me going Singed.

So, how do I kindly talk shit about my jungler without being one of those "no jungle. lmao" assholes in a game? Because I've had about 2-3 Top games in a row now where my jungle ganked 0 times. That is no exaggeration. I mean literally 0 times. And I pinged and asked kindly as I was pushed in multiple times.I just smiled and went about my business, but died a little inside all games.

zkylon

zkylewd
round 2 of plat promos not going so hot lol

fucking vaynes dude

why would u play vayne in this meta

you should be jailed where you are for playing vayne in this meta

drawkcaB

Just had an exceptionally monotonous game as Ivern. Our team won in the end (54 min!!) but every single one of my lanes was pushed so far up they may as well have been humping the towers. I had absolutely nothing to do all game. Opposing jungler was a new player, so I never even got a chance to counter gank. By the time the 20 min mark came around I was ready to just quit out of boredom, so imagine pilling on an extra 34 mins on top of that.

Ugh...

zkylon

zkylewd
So, how do I kindly talk shit about my jungler without being one of those "no jungle. lmao" assholes in a game? Because I've had about 2-3 Top games in a row now where my jungle ganked 0 times. That is no exaggeration. I mean literally 0 times. And I pinged and asked kindly as I was pushed in multiple times.I just smiled and went about my business, but died a little inside all games.
it happens, junglers are constantly putting out fires so there might've been bigger ones outside ur lane

or your team is just losing, so no matter what ur jungler does it's a loss

i only ping for summoners if it's useful information for the jungler and look to roam myself, i never expect junglers to actually do anything

Just had an exceptionally monotonous game as Ivern. Our team won in the end (54 min!!) but every single one of my lanes was pushed so far up they may as well have been humping the towers. I had absolutely nothing to do all game. Opposing jungler was a new player, so I never even got a chance to counter gank. By the time the 20 min mark came around I was ready to just quit out of boredom, so imagine pilling on an extra 34 mins on top of that.

Ugh...
inven is kind of an unexciting champion in himself i think

but yea that doesn't sound great

For how long?
end of times ofc

Ended my night with a 3rd Ranked loss in a row. Think I'll call it there. 3 wouldn't bother me as much if my last game didn't Autofill me Support, after someone dodged my previous 2 games where I actually had one of my preferred roles. I still don't understand rewarding someone for not dodging by autofilling.

it happens, junglers are constantly putting out fires so there might've been bigger ones outside ur lane

or your team is just losing, so no matter what ur jungler does it's a loss

i only ping for summoners if it's useful information for the jungler and look to roam myself, i never expect junglers to actually do anything
What's really depressing is our Kat in mid was averaging a kill a minute.She had 13 kills before she finally died. Bot was doing well for the first 5-10 minutes, but started to do fall apart after my top TP'ed down and cleaned them out.

This was overall a not great night. Time for bed.

Leezard

Hmm, I never played Zyra, but Lulu is OK depending how good the Vayne is.

Might try pairing her with Malzahar and see how things go.

Yeah, Malz can also be ok. The important part is that you can bring a lot of lane presence to compensate for Vayne's relatively low lane presence.

Leezard

I'm testing out lethality Caitlyn in normals, it might potentially be worth it.

A friend of mine just lost to lethality caitlyn in ranked. It seems so dumb and is probably kinda bad against tanks, but against a squishy team the spell combos and ult are really strong.

Talents

Banned
First game of the day and this is what I see in champ select

mortttkill: autofilled adc
Rinnêgan: autofilled supp
Aithful: autofilled jungle

Autofill helpful feature lul

Leezard

First game of the day and this is what I see in champ select

mortttkill: autofilled adc
Rinnêgan: autofilled supp
Aithful: autofilled jungle

Autofill helpful feature lul

That's a dodge-select if I've ever seen one.

Maybe only top and mid mains play during the middle of the day.

Talents

Banned
Nah but I'm playing the worst on my team cause I always play like garbage when it's my first game of the day.

it's why I always play flex queue for the first 4 or 5 games

dawgparty

Anybody play 3v3? I came back to LoL and 5v5 is too much to handle atm. The potential extra 2 crybabies/afk/griefers is more stress than I want from this game anymore. IGN is dawgparty if anyone wants to play.

phinious

Got gold in solo and 3v3s! Now I'm working on flex.

Been spamming zilean support/mid. Pretty fun champion after you get good with him. Every once in awhile I still hit w too fast before I get in range to throw q. Causing me not to have second bomb. Once I master that it will be ggez.

I mean, I'm just trying to hypothesize what Costy thinks would get you real upset. Taking that dragon master skin and giving it to someone else would probably get you upset.

Also, upon lookin gat that art again I doubt it's a Shyvana skin. She already has the black-purple skin (forget the name). But that does look like some sort of egg.

I mean, I'm just trying to hypothesize what Costy thinks would get you real upset. Taking that dragon master skin and giving it to someone else would probably get you upset.

Also, upon lookin gat that art again I doubt it's a Shyvana skin. She already has the black-purple skin (forget the name). But that does look like some sort of egg.

Void Anivia confirmed

Actually, someone on Reddit speculated that it might be a Dragon-related elise skin, which doesn't seem too out of the picture given that silhouette.

Top Bottom